Preorder at BOG!!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Barbruka, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Barbruka

Barbruka Favorite place in the world.

I have to tell you what happened to me a couple weeks ago. My hubby and I were in line to eat at BOG. The window had about five people there. The main line which seemed liked a block long, was over to the right. I went up to the window, and told her I had an ADR for 1 (I was 15 minutes early). She told me I needed to come back in about 10 minutes, that I was early. I casually mentioned I had preordered if that made any difference. WOW! She told me to go right in on the left. I was seated immediately! Probably saved me a half hour to 45 minutes! Make sure you pre-order!!!!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  2. GenGen22

GenGen22 DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing! I will make sure to tell them this upon my arrival.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. SeaSpray

SeaSpray Disney World fan since 1976

I agree with you 100%! When we were there in 2015 the same exact thing happened with us. It was so much easier to pre-order and just walk right in! Great advice!!! ::yes::

5. Barbruka

Barbruka Favorite place in the world.

And I have to mention how much we liked BOG! First time eating there and the theming was beyond great! And we really enjoyed the food. Except for the French Onion soup. Blah... (And I love a good French Onion soup!) One of our best meals of the trip.

6. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene DIS Veteran

That is why I pre-order.
    I've done it 3 times now.
    Unfortunately I'm going with a group of 16 all on the same ADR in April and unless I can convince everyone to come up with the cash we will have to stand in that long line to order at a kiosk since you cannot split checks if you pre-order.

7. LSUfan4444

LSUfan4444 DIS Veteran

I agree the pre-order is the only way to do BOG for lunch and precisely the reason I'll never do it again. Little by little every spontaneity us being ripped from my Disney vacations. Okay, so I'll decide 7 months in advance what parks I want to go to. I'll even decide where I want to eat 6 months ins advance because if I want some places and don't decide 6 months out, I won't get anything that fits the schedule Disney is "strongly encouraging" me to make because in three months I need to pick the rides I want to do in the parks I picked 4 months ago based around the time that I picked for the restaurants I chose 4 months ago.

I have to draw the line somewhere.

If I want a cinnamon roll from gaston's tavern because the smell is mesmerizing, I can't imagine wanting to live in a world where I have to say "NO...I can't do it because i already ordered a $16 turkey sandwich that I have to eat in 20 minutes." If I want a fruit and nutella waffle from sleepy hollow, well because fruit and nutealla on a waffle is genius I can't imagine living in a world where I have to say "NO...I can't because I already ordered a $14 ham and cheese sandwich and a $7 bowl of soup I have to eat in an hour."

Okay, /rant.

Seriously though....I do agree pre-ordering is the only way to do BOG for lunch.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  8. Dakota731

Dakota731 DIS Veteran

So you have to wait that long even with an ADR? I myself was wondering what people do who are new to Disney and make no reservations, no fast passes, no order ahead? Do they even get to enjoy a vacation? Technology is good but it is getting kind of ridiculous.

Lucys dad and GenGen22 like this.
  9. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

Nailed it...all of it.

My daily life is driven by a schedule. I don't want my vacation to be the same way. We're doing less and less TS meals at Disney for two reasons...1. Exactly what you mentioned above, and 2. The food isn't as good anymore, so we don't feel like we're missing as much.

At least eating more QS you eat when you're hungry, not when your reservation says you can...and you're not as disappointed when the food doesn't meet your expectations.

Lady Hiss, halfpintpeggy and GenGen22 like this.
  10. LSUfan4444

LSUfan4444 DIS Veteran

Most people who do no research and are new to Disney likely wouldn't have a BOG ADR. You can certainly enjoy lunch without an ADR in/around Magic Kingdom, just don't try it at BOG.

Like alot of celebrities, things at Disney are popular in large part because they are popular. People feel that if they don't do _________ they are missing out.

DisBuckMan likes this.
  11. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene DIS Veteran

Yes you have to wait in line if you didn't pre-order so that you can order at a kiosk.
    My parents still have a great time and don't book things that far in advance.
    Last time they did same day FP+ and got same day ADR for BOG. It is doable but with the way Disney advertises to plan in advance most newbies have already figured it out. We live in a world where info is at your fingertips so its not like back in the day when you didn't know anything about Disney World unless you had gone before.

Cinderella94 likes this.
  12. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

Sure they enjoy it. They just wing it, which there's nothing wrong with. Ignorance is bliss, sometimes. As I said in my post above, it's become quite liberating to not be tied down to a schedule while at Disney.

capegirl and AngiTN like this.
  13. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

Yup...there's quite a few people who've posted here that they've never seen the menu, or they are not impressed with the menu at BoG, but they still make a reservation there...just because *it's BoG*.

leeleebee and LSUfan4444 like this.
  14. LSUfan4444

LSUfan4444 DIS Veteran

Same with "character breakfasts". People who are not normally morning people and don't normally eat breakfast wake up at 5 am to book breakfast reservations at Chef Mickeys for 9 am for $40 per pop so when they are on vacation they can drag themselves unhappily out of bed to go to a breakfast they don't want and miss the best hour of a park being open in regards to standby times.

15. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

I fully support ALL of the people who take this approach. It makes my early morning touring in the parks THAT much less crowded.

Sparkyco, Cinderella94 and LSUfan4444 like this.
  16. LSUfan4444

LSUfan4444 DIS Veteran

a Bama and LSU fan in agreement......

[​IMG]

17. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

It can happen. As long as no dadgum Auburn or Tennessee fans try to give their two cents.

bamaliving and Rusty2rules like this.
  18. lizzilou

lizzilou Earning My Ears

We were there last week and pre-ordering was awesome. We walked past a huge group of people waiting to order. We changed our order online like 10 min before our ADR, my DH and kids were hungry earlier and couldn't wait, and added a cupcake at the register. I loved eating there, I had the grilled ham and cheese, it was good. It was so well themed inside. The grey stuff was delicious.

Sparkyco and haleofafamily like this.
  19. Stefecatzz

Stefecatzz "If nothing changed, there'd be no butterflies."

Aaww, that's disappointing to hear. I've read pretty mixed reviews on it also but was planning to get it anyway next time. Not to get too off topic but what didn't you like about it? Was it just bland?

I've always preordered at BOG & also find it to be a great experience!

20. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO 2017, watch out!

Well I always pre-order, makes it a much easier process, but with that said, always deciding month's in advance what and where you want to eat is the reason I skip the dining plan altogether. With BOG, is it the best French Onion Soup, is it the best braised pork, no, not by a long shot, however, it beats a hot dog or a burger, standing in line etc. The food is diverse enough from what's readily available as a QS option, and it's good enough.

21. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

Sometimes, you just have to be willing to say NOT TODAY, DISNEY.

They changed open times on me so my PPO was not PPO, but Piglet was a must-do for child, and child is a heinous wretch if she does not get breakfast. I'm not a morning person but she is, and we all know who loses in a parent-child battle of morning people. So we did it anyway, and the world did not end, and we still did all of Adventureland and Frontierland, hit some Liberty Square stuff, and managed the Big Top area, Little Mermaid, and rode the Carousel like 8 times.

(I think I have also mentioned that my last trip featured 3,000,000 rides on the Flying Carpets? Yeah. That.)

As far as pre-order at BOG goes, you can pre-order right up until you check in, via the app. So if you get that cinnamon roll, just make sure you only order a soup or something.

Anesthesia Fine and vinotinto like this.