Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

Yes. "Activated" is really the old term, from back when an AP was activated when you used it to enter a park for the first time. Then they changed it so that it is already activated at the time you purchase it or when you redeem/exchange an AP voucher for the actual AP or pick up up an AP at will call. It doesn't matter anymore when you use it for the first time to enter a park. The clock starts ticking from the day when you first have the AP/PAP in your hand.

I'm not so certain this is the case for this offer based on this announcement:

Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

Based on this it seems to me that activated means the first time used to enter a park.

Insider's Tip: A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time. So, if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

Based on this it seems to me that activated means the first time used to enter a park.

The wording is confusing to say the least.

The wording is confusing to say the least.

I concur, but I think it means you must enter the park with it by Dec 2013. Too bad. We are going this Nov and then not again until 2014. I would certainly jump on this if we were going at all next year. :sad1: Would have been cool as We've never been to the waterparks, and our kids will be old enough for them by then.

I concur, but I think it means you must enter the park with it by Dec 2013. Too bad. We are going this Nov and then not again until 2014. I would certainly jump on this if we were going at all next year. :sad1: Would have been cool as We've never been to the waterparks, and our kids will be old enough for them by then.

I am trying to find out but my contact is on vacation, that rascal, ;)

Activated means turning In your voucher at the parks for a live AP. the start date of the AP would be that day (for a new AP) and it wouldn't matter if you entered a park with it or not that day. It would still be live as of that day.

So you must do this on or before 12/31/13.

Activated means turning In your voucher at the parks for a live AP. the start date of the AP would be that day (for a new AP) and it wouldn't matter if you entered a park with it or not that day. It would still be live as of that day.

So you must do this before 12/31/13.

So if you pick up your live AP on 12/31/2013 it would be good until 12/31/2014, correct.

It does say by, 12.31, 2013, not before.

Sammie said:
So if you pick up your live AP on 12/31/2013 it would be good until 12/31/2014, correct.

It does say by, 12.31, 2013, not before.

I think it will be good until 1/1/15. And I edited my post to say on or before, you are right!

I would be very careful until we know for certain whether or not Disney is creating special rules surrounding this offer. Normally WDW passes can be upgraded to any "better" pass (i.e. AP to PAP) but DVC seems to be telling members that they cannot upgrade existing APs or vouchers under this offer. That makes me question whether MYW passes can be upgraded either.

I spoke to MS today and was informed that the PAP Discount Ticket is eligible for upgrade. We can purchase MYW PH for the beginning of our stay (end of Sept) and then upgrade to PAP on 10/1 (or later) as long as at least a day remain on the PH and we pay the price difference between the previously purchased PH and the dicounted PAP price.

I called MS twice just to make sure I got the same story from 2 different CMs. They told me the same as KIM - I can upgrade a MYW ticket into a PAP starting 10/1/2012. So as I mentioned before - you can buy an UT ticket and get a better deal out of this whole thing. Also if you go to the Themepark thread on this topic, Cheshire Figment has answered these questions based on the info that the ticket CMs got at WDW.

This wording is confusing! In fact the sentence "A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated as a ticket until it is used the first time." doesn't even make sense.

I think what they mean is "A Premium Annual Pass certificate is not activated until it is exchanged for an actual ticket."

Has anyone called Member Services specifically asking about AP vouchers, not activated APs?

Let me see if I understand all of this:confused3
I have a voucher that I plan on activating for my trip in Oct. So if I activate it on Oct 19th , 2012 it good until Oct 19, 2013.
If I buy the Premium pass before the end of 2012 I can activate it anytime after Oct 19 and it will be good until the same time 2014.
My thought is to buy the discounted pass and just wait my 2012 pass expires.
Am I correct? Does this make sense?

mommary said:
Let me see if I understand all of this:confused3
I have a voucher that I plan on activating for my trip in Oct. So if I activate it on Oct 19th , 2012 it good until Oct 19, 2013.
If I buy the Premium pass before the end of 2012 I can activate it anytime after Oct 19 and it will be good until the same time 2014.
My thought is to buy the discounted pass and just wait my 2012 pass expires.
Am I correct? Does this make sense?

Oops, I see.
You didn't say oct 19, 2013. Though you meant 2012.

Yes then you would be correct.

What about renewing these passes at the end of their use? Are they going to offer the DVC member renewal fee? ($509 per wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm) Or are you going to have to start over from scratch and pay the whol fee?

What about renewing these passes at the end of their use? Are they going to offer the DVC member renewal fee? ($509 per wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm) Or are you going to have to start over from scratch and pay the whol fee?

You can renew ANY DVC anual pass (AP or PAP) when it expires at the DVC rate. Also if you can renew it as an AP or PAP - you can downgrade to a regular one if you want.

The limit for DVC Members is 8 per household per 12 month period.

From the DVC Members site:

Passes can be purchased online at the Walt Disney World Ticket Store or by visiting any Guest Relations location at all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks and the Downtown Disney area.

Thanks, Doc!

Our APs expire in December, and we will buy this discounted PAP!:thumbsup2 Can we also buy a voucher so that in December 2013, I can use that to renew?

:confused3
Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter