Pregnancy Board!!

Don't do it! :lmao: I ran a half marathon at 35 weeks pregnant and it was MUCH worse than labor and delivery. 3:48 minutes (my previous longest HM was 2:24) of pelvic pressure, swollen feet, numb hands, heartburn, lower back pain, not being able to take a full breath, and having to PEE! UGH!!

Whoa what were you thinking? ROFL. I had thoughts of doing the marathon weekend in January but since we're cancelling our whole trip and I've gotten lazy that won't be happening!

Congrats ladies!!

Hopefully I'll be able to join you all in a couple of weeks. We're TTC #2 with Clomid (conceived #1 on our first cycle so I'm hoping this time goes just as well) and I'm currently 3 days or so past ovulation. So I'll be testing in a week. Fingers crossed!

For those of you with DVC – what would you say is your fave resort for an infant? We have considered buying in but I can’t decide on the resort said:
Not much of an expert here since we just joined DVC but we bought directly through Disney. Purchased Saratoga Springs because it was the cheapest per point. Planning to stay next year at BLT with the baby since we can easily walk to MK. Once he is a little older we will try Animal Kingdom Lodge, we think seeing the animals will be fun for the little guy!

Congrats again to everyone on this thread! Would love to see some pics of Disney themed nurseries and baby showers!!

Rillsung – congrats!! Assuming you also live on the west coast? That’s so awesome about your back to back cruises!! F&W would be fun, esp with your DVC at BWV!
AFM – we had our anatomy ultrasound and they need us back to look at the spine bc they couldn’t get a clear picture (she wasn’t being very cooperative).
For those of you with DVC – what would you say is your fave resort for an infant? We have considered buying in but I can’t decide on the resort, and also with Disney’s stupid rule about being unable to use the points to transfer to other resorts around the world if you buy resale, we might never buy in. But we do rent points. Last time it was for BCV and we loved it, and next trip DH wants to go to VWL. I’d love to try out BLT. Currently our fave park is EPCOT but I think that might change to MK with a little one!

We live smack in the center in New Mexico. It's not easy to get to Disneyland or Disney World!

We had to go back for the spine measurement too!

We bought resale right before they changed the rule (one contract was completed last November and one in February). Honestly the new rule stinks a bit, but it's not really a good exchange to use them outside of the DVC resorts anyway. Heck we basicly got the points for half of what Disney was selling direct. We gave what we thought was a lowball offer on both contracts and both times they were just accepted. Well the second contract took the 3rd person to just accept. Our fave park is still Epcot, but we do spend a LOT more time at the Magic Kingdom than we used to with the little ones :) We have only stayed at SSR so I'm not an expert either on the best resort for little kids :)

Hi Ladies! Congrats to everyone!

I am 7 weeks today, with our 2nd. I have my first sonogram today. I am terrified because I was pregnant in December and we lost it at 7 weeks. :sad2: I see some of you took Clomid, we also used Clomid this time around and concieved our 2nd round.

We leave for Disney on Sunday. DD is only 1, but I think she is going to have a blast!

Goofy, Rebecca, and mum1 – congrats!!
NYEmomma – good luck!! I absolutely hated those 8 months or so, let’s hope your clomid cycle does the trick for you! Are you temping? I had a miscarriage in March, a really long annoying cycle in April, and then in May got preggo after the oddest cycle ever. I was temping but it was pointless, never even got a +OPK (for the first time), and got preggo LOL. Not what I expected!
Nickandlarisa –I loved AKV. Don’t think I mentioned that we spent a night there last trip (1 night AKV, 9 nights BCV). DH, not as much for some reason. But he absolutely loved the VWL…?? IDK. Anyway that’s sort of why we want to try out VWL next time – boat trip to MK sounds pretty sweet, but the BLT is even more convenient. Through my work, I can get a 2 BR condo at one of many resorts nearby for like $320 per week, so we are going to do that next trip, but just add on 2 nights before the sat-sat rental and stay somewhere on property (VWL or BLT prob). I hope to quit working at some point (prob when we have our 2nd child) and won’t have that opportunity again, though I hate the thought of being off property. We always rent a car so at least that won’t change…
Rillsung – good timing for resale! It’s true it’s not the best use of points, but, at least the last time we talked about it, DH was considering the idea because we didn’t HAVE to use the points at Disney. Though, I will say he is really coming around to the idea of Disney more frequently. Recently he sent me an email at work (we email all day long LOL) and said he wishes we could be going to Disney soon, which made me very happy. So maybe he’ll come around and won’t need to use the points elsewhere. Besides, there’s always Aulani, Vero Beach, and Hilton Head!!
Binkrin – good luck today! Come back and update us! This is what the board is here for  I really hope everything goes well, and sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage. In March I never heard the HB, so this time around I got in at like 5w6d hoping to hear it and we did, so that made things sooo much more exciting and real for us. And…have a great vacation!! Let us know how vacationing with a 1 year old is!!

Wow, it seems like there are quite a few of us due in February. And to sarah_rose, you have my complete admiration! It's hard enough running 4 miles a few times a week! I can't fathom trying to run any more let alone an actual race.

We're headed out in just a few hours for our big ultrasound. Here's hoping this little one cooperates so we can find out if it's a boy our girl!

Thank you, Imagineer5! I had my ultrasound, saw a heartbeat and a little bean that is measuring exactly where it should be at 7 weeks! I am so relieved. Now I can enjoy our trip so much more, knowing that we are a growing family!

Rillsung – good timing for resale! It’s true it’s not the best use of points, but, at least the last time we talked about it, DH was considering the idea because we didn’t HAVE to use the points at Disney. Though, I will say he is really coming around to the idea of Disney more frequently. Recently he sent me an email at work (we email all day long LOL) and said he wishes we could be going to Disney soon, which made me very happy. So maybe he’ll come around and won’t need to use the points elsewhere. Besides, there’s always Aulani, Vero Beach, and Hilton Head!!

Yeah that was just lucky. We had no idea they were going to change the rules until after we closed the second contract. There were rumors but you can only put so much stake into rumors.

Thank you, Imagineer5! I had my ultrasound, saw a heartbeat and a little bean that is measuring exactly where it should be at 7 weeks! I am so relieved. Now I can enjoy our trip so much more, knowing that we are a growing family!

Congrats!! :thumbsup2

Add me to the due in February list! My due date started out 2/15 by LMP...then was upped to 2/7 by my dating ultrasound. I will need a repeat c-section because my first two were born that way, so we are looking at right around the beginning of February.

This is our third, we have two girls ages 7 and 3. We have an ultrasound on Tuesday to find out gender, but my DH and I are both feeling its another girl! This is definitely our last, either way.

We are planning our next family Disney trip for August 2013, though DH and I may sneak away for a long weekend this coming June for our 10th anniversary if the grandparents agree to child care.

Congrats to everyone, and wishing you happy, healthy pregnancies! :goodvibes

I'm 12 weeks pregnant with our second child. Due March 28. DS is 2 and has been to Disney twice already! Considering going back Dec 17-22 this year. Not sure I want to fight tge crowds though.....I'll be 6 months preggo by then. Any thoughts?

I'm 7 weeks pregnant with our 4th child. We did an IVF prior to my last trip to Disney and found out a few days into our trip last month that I was expecting. We found out last week that we were expecting a single baby which will be so much different then my triplet pregnancy. We were planning another trip to Disney in May but have decided to postpone it as I am due in May. Maybe we'll try for a September or October trip next year.

Hi, congrats to all of you!!

Need some preggo advice! My sister and I have planned a huge extended family trip to DW for Christmas.

Shortly after telling all involved, my sister found out that she is pregnant. She is now 21 weeks.

She will be 34 weeks when we go to DW. I have tried to convence her to postpone her trip, but she is refusing bc she doesn't want to disappoint her son. There are 10 of us going, 8 have never been before, including her. Advice please....am I right discouraging her from going?

I'm 24 weeks, due with my 4th baby (though our 3rd living child) on January 9th. We have a 6 year old son and a 3 year old daughter and this baby is a boy.

We had to cancel our August trip to WDW because of some pregnancy complications that I have (complete placenta previa and placenta accreta) and I am on modified bed rest with NO travel until I deliver. He'll be coming at 36 weeks because it isn't safe for me to go into labor, so he'll be here around December 12th.

I'm hoping that we can reschedule our trip for next spring, though it will probably end up being Disneyland again instead of WDW.

Hello everyone! I am 19 weeks and expecting a girl in February!

I am acctually going to Disneyland next month and hope to be back in November when my baby is 9mo for her first trip!:wizard:
I will probably wait till she is 4 before I make the big trip to WDW. I don't want to deal with "baby" stuff on the plane like diaper changes or bottles. Plus I am hoping she will be tall enough for most rides. Meanwhile I can get my fix at Disneyland!

My nursery will have as much Minnie as possible.

She will be 34 weeks when we go to DW. I have tried to convence her to postpone her trip, but she is refusing bc she doesn't want to disappoint her son. There are 10 of us going, 8 have never been before, including her. Advice please....am I right discouraging her from going?

I wouldn't go at 34 weeks. It's too close to birth. I know that my Dr doesn't let anyone flying after 30 weeks and she already told me to stay around home starting 34 weeks but it could be his preference. At 34 weeks, she will probably tired and exausted. I honnestly can't imagine doing Disney at 34 weeks. I think the best thing you can do is to encourage her to tak to her DR and see what he/she has to say about it.

Binkrin – congrats on the successful ultrasound!! So glad you saw a strong heartbeat!! Can’t wait to hear more as time progresses. What’s next for you? Are you doing a NT scan?
Steves1bear – did you see!!?? What’s the gender??
Mantysk8coach – yay for February!! How did your ultrasound go?? Next August sounds like a nice time, though HOT! Hah. That’d be so nice to sneak away for a bit. After all my leave after birth, and a week at Cape Cod w/ DH’s family in July, a week at Disney in October is about all I’ll be able to pull off next year…
Alabamagirl – congrats! 6 months doesn’t sound too bad to go (like 24-25 weeks right?). I’m currently 20, and could totally do WDW but I’ve been feeling great lately, and still not too big but this is my first. I hear you get bigger much earlier with 2nd, 3rd, etc babies. I didn’t start showing until 18 weeks and even still most ppl don’t notice unless they already know I’m preggo…in 4-5 more weeks I might be a bit more uncomfortable but not too bad. December is an awesome time to go though!! Just love it then!
3pletprincesses! So cute (your name LOL). How old are your DDs? Congrats on the new little one on the way! Have you taken your DDs yet? How did that go? I can’t wait to take our little DD and get her all dolled up LOL
Mdcousins – wow 34 weeks! I don’t think I’d want to fly then. And, I think airlines have a restriction for flying around 34-36 weeks. I’m assuming you live in MD? At least it’s a short flight…but no idea how she’d do walking around Disney for 10+ miles/day either. Any way you can move the family trip up a few weeks?? I know that’d be asking a lot, but maybe you all haven’t bought your flights yet and usually hotels can change dates for free.
Daniele_UT – good luck through the rest of your pregnancy & bed rest…12 more weeks until you can hold that baby boy! How are you keeping busy? Do you have someone to watch your daughter? I can only imagine how difficult it must be!
Swthrtpallanes – congrats!! We’re so close in due dates! Should be a fun Disneyland trip for you guys coming up! And next year too for her first trip.

AFM – things are going well! Made it over the 20-week mark – which was spent at Triage at my hospital. Ugh. Things are fine though, I just had some issues and my doc told me to go there instead of the office so I went. But feeling fine, and I *think* I’m feeling her kick more now! Waiting for next Monday’s ultrasound which will hopefully tell us 100% that she’s a girl (we did a 3D elective ultrasound so we are pretty certain but it’d be nice to have confirmation).

Hi all!! Congrats on your pregnancies!!! I am just about 15 weeks pregnant now with my 2nd. I am due March 15, but will go in a week before for a scheduled csection. My DD is 20 months now, will be 2 in January. We have a trip planned for Oct. 2012!! DD will be 2.5 at that time (3 in Jan. 2013) and the new baby will be 7 months or so!! We are not finding out what we are having! We didn't with our first either! I love the surprise!!! We can't wait for our first WDW trip as a family!!! DH and I haven't been since our honeymoon in 2008! :scared1: I am going through major Disney Withdrawal!!! :upsidedow Well, good luck to everyone in their pregnancies!!

Daniele_UT – good luck through the rest of your pregnancy & bed rest…12 more weeks until you can hold that baby boy! How are you keeping busy? Do you have someone to watch your daughter? I can only imagine how difficult it must be!

AFM – things are going well! Made it over the 20-week mark – which was spent at Triage at my hospital. Ugh. Things are fine though, I just had some issues and my doc told me to go there instead of the office so I went. But feeling fine, and I *think* I’m feeling her kick more now! Waiting for next Monday’s ultrasound which will hopefully tell us 100% that she’s a girl (we did a 3D elective ultrasound so we are pretty certain but it’d be nice to have confirmation).

I'm pretty lucky that I work from home, so I've been keeping busy that way. DD is in preschool all day and DS is in 1st grade. I had an appointment yesterday and the MFM doc said that I can be up and around a fair amount as long as I don't have any bleeding. No heavy lifting or exercise and I need to be within 20-30 minutes of the hospital until I deliver.

I'm glad things are going well for you. I spent Friday night at L&D triage because I thought I was contracting. No fun!

31 weeks here!! With our third boy!! Mabye we'll get a little princess eventually. We took a WDW trip with the boys in May, and plan on a DCL/WDW around this baby's 1st birthday, but I doubt I can wait that long :laughing: Maybe, around 9 months.... that's how old my ODS was on his first cruise and he loved it! No baby shower for us either, although DH made me register any way because some of the women in his office were asking what they could get us. He thinks they are up to something :lmao: I guess we'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter