Pregnancy Board!!

I am 10 weeks along. Due April 14th, but will be having a c-section one week prior. We are not finding out what we are having. This will be our second child. Our little girl will be 7 when the baby is born. We are actually heading to Disney in a couple weeks. I'm hoping I'm not too naseaus to enjoy the trip since it will be a while before we go back. We first took our daughter when she was 3 as a "potty training" present. I'll probably do the same for this one.

Imagineer5 - Triage at 20 weeks is scary, but glad to know that everything is okay! Have fun with the ultrasound!

Well, our monkey was not shy in the least bit. As the ultrasound tech was asking us if we wanted to find out the gender, she started. Go figure the first shot we had of our baby was the bottom, legs spread wide letting us know it's another boy! There was no question about it and we didn't have to wait at all. We ended up having a good 60 - 75 minute ultrasound because the tech and supervising doctor were having a great time with the pictures they were getting. I guess their office has to re-certify every three years and they have to submit examples from various ultrasounds. Well, our little guy was more than cooperating and they asked if they could use our ultrasound for the re-certification. Along with the printed pictures, they gave us a disk with all the pictures they took. There are a ton! We're excited.

Good luck to everyone in your various stages of pregnancy! To those who are on bedrest and such, hear's hoping those little ones stay put just a bit longer!!

Love this thread! Another February baby here...due 2/15 with my 4th. We are a large blended family as I have three (17, 14, 10) and my husband has three (13, 10, 8) and this is our first and only together! I am a labor and delivery nurse and will be having a home birth which we are all looking forward to. We are leaving in two days for the drive to Disney with all 8 of us! So excited! My kiddos have been twice and his have never been so it will be lots of fun for all. I can't wait to purchase a traditional pooh bear from England at EPCOT for the little one...oh, and we are not finding out the gender so it will be a terrific surprise! :lovestruc

Hi everyone! I'm due at end of January, but hoping for mid-January since I was a little early with both of my kids. They are 5 and 6 and don't know yet, but will be super excited. Everything is going well so far, I am 22 weeks now.

We went to Disney in August when I was 16 weeks, which was very nice. And we are going back in June, so baby should be around 5 months... That's how old my DD was on her first trip. Wishing everyone a healthy pregnancy!

Deedeew80 – congrats too! how exciting to keep it a surprise!

Daniele_ut – well that sounds good that you can still work, plus your kids are already in school. Still stinks though, modified bed rest! Sorry to hear about your triage experience. I hope things go well for you and you stay healthy!

Hbelton07 – wow it’s coming up!! You’ll have to post pictures when he’s here. So is your due date around thanksgiving? I wonder what the coworkers are planning?? I don’t have a nice, friendly office environment where we all do things for each other – LOL. Only one coworker is really a “friend” and she’ll come to my baby shower, but other than that, nothing. DH’s coworkers are pretty cool though and usually go in on something big when someone is pregnant or getting married or whatever. Your husband’s coworkers sound really great!

Disney Tall Mommy – congrats! Almost out of the 1st trimester. Good luck on the upcoming trip! I can’t believe you’ll wait 3 years to go!! But I think most ppl would rather wait. I’m going to try to get in as many trips as DH can handle while our baby is still free haha.

Steves1bear – that is so cute!! Congrats on your little man! So cool that he was just so photogenic! Opposite of our little girl who seems very shy. Interesting to see if this is their personalities developing already!

Onebighappyfamily – congrats! Wow what a fun family you have! What a cute idea to get a “traditional” pooh from the UK – we’ll have to do that too. Have an awesome time on your upcoming vacation! Let us know how being there at 19 weeks goes! Where are you guys staying? What are you doing to “introduce” your DH’s kids to the World?

QVCshopper – congrats!! I’m also hoping to be a little early, but not too early! I have a friend that’s due around January 4th. I know this is a stigma for Christmas babies, but I would just hate to have a Christmas baby…she’s really worried about that. Looks like you are far enough away that that is only a slight possibility (same here!). I was 4 weeks early, so I just don’t know how far before Feb 6th my baby might come!

Imagineer5- We are having breakfast our first day at Crystal Palace which has been a tradition for my kiddos, I think my stepchildren will love it! We are also having our last dinner at Chef Mickey's which again has been a tradition, I hope all the kiddos join in on the napkin waving despite some of their ages! :yay: We are staying in two rooms at the ASMovies and my Dad and Stepmom have a room there as well. It just made more sense to book two rooms at a value because we will have the 4 beds and two baths. It will be the 4 boys in one room:scared1:and then my DH and I with the girls in the other room. I will not share a bathroom with 4 boys.:laughing: So excited except I was hoping my pre pregnancy shorts would give me ONE more week and it looks like it' not going to happen. I washed them yesterday and i'm wearing them unbuttoned today to try and stretch them out a little. I have a bella band but I think I'm now at the point of no return on non-maternity clothing!:rolleyes1

31 weeks here!! With our third boy!! Mabye we'll get a little princess eventually. We took a WDW trip with the boys in May, and plan on a DCL/WDW around this baby's 1st birthday, but I doubt I can wait that long :laughing: Maybe, around 9 months.... that's how old my ODS was on his first cruise and he loved it! No baby shower for us either, although DH made me register any way because some of the women in his office were asking what they could get us. He thinks they are up to something :lmao: I guess we'll see!

I can't figure out why they say the chances are 50/50! We're having our 3rd girl!

Hi all!! Congrats on your pregnancies!!! I am just about 15 weeks pregnant now with my 2nd. I am due March 15, but will go in a week before for a scheduled csection. My DD is 20 months now, will be 2 in January. We have a trip planned for Oct. 2012!! DD will be 2.5 at that time (3 in Jan. 2013) and the new baby will be 7 months or so!! We are not finding out what we are having! We didn't with our first either! I love the surprise!!! We can't wait for our first WDW trip as a family!!! DH and I haven't been since our honeymoon in 2008! :scared1: I am going through major Disney Withdrawal!!! :upsidedow Well, good luck to everyone in their pregnancies!!

Just wanted to tell you that my second c-section was so much easier than the first...I recovered so much quicker and it was somehow less painful. I will be having my 4th c-section mid / late January.

It is so nice being able to "schedule" the baby's birthday (assuming they cooperate which DS did not wait until his scheduled c-section date) :goodvibes

Eep.... I'm testing tomorrow morning. SO NERVOUS!!! With DD I got a negative at 9dpo but some friends convinced me to test tomorrow (9dpo) anyways. I'm almost 100% positive it'll be negative, but hey, I've got a dozen pregnancy tests laying around so what the heck?

Hello all! I am 22 weeks pregnant with our first child...a boy. I am so excited to take him to WDW. I am already planning our trip for next October. I know he will only be about 10 months old, but I fully intend on doing the Unofficial Guide's Dumbo-or-Die in a Day touring plan. I may extend it over two days though. I already haven't been to Disney in a year and it is killing me!!! We were supposed to go this October, but I had some bleeding early in the pregnancy due to placenta previa, and my doctor said I shouldn't travel. Luckily, no bleeding since! Waiting another year to go back to Disney is going to be torture...longest drought I've had in my life.

Eep.... I'm testing tomorrow morning. SO NERVOUS!!! With DD I got a negative at 9dpo but some friends convinced me to test tomorrow (9dpo) anyways. I'm almost 100% positive it'll be negative, but hey, I've got a dozen pregnancy tests laying around so what the heck?

Good luck!! This time, I tested around 10 DPO and got a BFN. So, I assumed I wasn't pregnant. Well, one week later, and AF still hadn't showed up. Tested again, and the line couldn't have been darker. So, don't give up hope either way. :)

Good luck!! This time, I tested around 10 DPO and got a BFN. So, I assumed I wasn't pregnant. Well, one week later, and AF still hadn't showed up. Tested again, and the line couldn't have been darker. So, don't give up hope either way. :)

Thanks!:goodvibes

BFN this morning but I'm not too bummed about it. I used a Dollar Store test because I didn't want to waste an expensive FRER, lol! With DD I got a BFN on 9dpo and then a BFP on 11dpo (albeit VERRRRY faint.... DH didn't even see the line until my 13dpo test), so I still have hope. My temps are still going up too, so that's a good sign.

Besides, I'm REALLY nervous about getting pregnant this month.... I'm so, so afraid I'll have morning sickness when we're down at the World in 2 weeks. :scared1:

Maybe in a few days then! If you do get a BFP, I didn't get morning sickness for a few weeks, especially since I didn't know for a while. Maybe around 6 weeks? I used the dollar store tests, too. They are great!

Just wanted to tell you that my second c-section was so much easier than the first...I recovered so much quicker and it was somehow less painful. I will be having my 4th c-section mid / late January.

It is so nice being able to "schedule" the baby's birthday (assuming they cooperate which DS did not wait until his scheduled c-section date) :goodvibes

Hi! Thanks, I'm hoping this c-section will be as good as my first one. I thought it was so easy! Not much pain or anything. However, I had other stuff going on that I am thinking may have took my mind off of the c-section. I had an emergency c-cection due to pre-eclampsia! My blood pressure was SO high!!! Very scary! Was in the hospital for just about a week. Had to get the blood pressure under control. So I was having MAJOR migranes!!! Lots of pain! It was horrible! Hope I don't have to go through that again! It is great to be able to "schedule" the birth! I am afraid of the baby not cooperating, but I was late with DD, so maybe not. Good Luck with the fourth! Wow! I'm stopping at 3! :lmao:

Hbelton07 – wow it’s coming up!! You’ll have to post pictures when he’s here. So is your due date around thanksgiving? I wonder what the coworkers are planning?? I don’t have a nice, friendly office environment where we all do things for each other – LOL. Only one coworker is really a “friend” and she’ll come to my baby shower, but other than that, nothing. DH’s coworkers are pretty cool though and usually go in on something big when someone is pregnant or getting married or whatever. Your husband’s coworkers sound really great!

November 22! And I am hoping he comes early, I really want to go Black Friday shopping! lol Plus I would HATE to have to have hospital turkey over my family's huge spread. Something I guess I should have also mentioned about DH, he's the boss lol..so he figures they are just trying to suck up :laughing:

I can't figure out why they say the chances are 50/50! We're having our 3rd girl!

I know what you mean!! Seems like we have beat the odds. I will only expect a boy from now on! I think all my husband can make is boys.. can we borrow some of your water? ;)

I know what you mean!! Seems like we have beat the odds. I will only expect a boy from now on! I think all my husband can make is boys.. can we borrow some of your water? ;)

Yup I agree! My DH only does girls! Though my entire family is girls... 1 sister and she has 1 dd and 1 dd on the way as well ROFL. Oh and she married a guy with 2 girls! My poor dad said he doesn't know what to do with little boys anyway lol.

UGH I'm sick and mostly miserable :( It was just a little head cold but now it's in my lungs to make a cough and I think affecting my asthma :( NEED to get over it before we leave for Disneyland! Ugh.

I read somewhere that the chance is 50/50 for the first two kids. After that, if the first two are the same sex, the chance goes to like 75/25 or something much higher that the third will be the same sex.

We have friends who had 2 boys. They wanted to have a third specifically to get a girl. They researched timing, positions, underwear etc to "guarantee" a girl. They did it all. Well, their 3rd son is now 3 months old.

This is a fun post!

I am pg with our 3rd, a girl, due in December. I'll be 30 weeks when we go to Disney this year! Craziness...

We have been once already with our older two. Our daughter is 5.5 and our son is almost 3.

Yup I agree! My DH only does girls! Though my entire family is girls... 1 sister and she has 1 dd and 1 dd on the way as well ROFL. Oh and she married a guy with 2 girls! My poor dad said he doesn't know what to do with little boys anyway lol.

My DD is the first girl in DD's family in 5 or 6 generations. :scared1:

DH is 1 of 5 boys, his oldest brother has 3 kids -- all boys. His dad has 1 brother who is childless. His dad's dad has one brother, who had one son who had 3 sons. And so on and so forth.

Never in a million years thought I'd have a girl. And actually, DD was a boy for 5 weeks... our first gender U/S was wrong.

My DD is the first girl in DD's family in 5 or 6 generations. :scared1:

DH is 1 of 5 boys, his oldest brother has 3 kids -- all boys. His dad has 1 brother who is childless. His dad's dad has one brother, who had one son who had 3 sons. And so on and so forth.

Never in a million years thought I'd have a girl. And actually, DD was a boy for 5 weeks... our first gender U/S was wrong.

My DD was the first girl born in DH's family in 60 years...FIL would not believe that we were actually having a girl until the day she arrived and he could see her with his own two eyes! FIL now has 3 granddaughters (with #4 joining us in January) and 1 grandson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter