Predictions for when FP+ comes to SWGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

erc

DIS Veteran
We have a week booked for April. Currently it appears that Disney uses a real-time crowd based system for managing the total number of guests within SWGE. When SWGE is at capacity, are the standby times for attractions within reason? Would opening RoR help current standby times if the capacity of SWGE does not change? Do people think that Disney will continue to utilize this method of managing crowds within SWGE or switch to FP+ reservations for the two main attractions inside?

If they do switch to FP+ will they announce it at least 60 days prior to doing so? And will that be in place by April?

Thanks for any opinions.

If they do switch to FP+ will they announce it at least 60 days prior to doing so?
If DHS decides to move to FPs, they’ll be in the FP system 90+ days prior to the actual start date. Club Level resort guests can book FPs 90 days out from their checkout date.

Keep watching this sub forum in January for any FP updates.

We have a week booked for April. Currently it appears that Disney uses a real-time crowd based system for managing the total number of guests within SWGE. When SWGE is at capacity, are the standby times for attractions within reason? Would opening RoR help current standby times if the capacity of SWGE does not change? Do people think that Disney will continue to utilize this method of managing crowds within SWGE or switch to FP+ reservations for the two main attractions inside?

If they do switch to FP+ will they announce it at least 60 days prior to doing so? And will that be in place by April?

Thanks for any opinions.
SWGE hasn't been at capacity since the morning of day 1, that's been it
Currently there's only one attraction, on day one, at capacity the queue was reported at 6 hours but then quickly went down to 2 hours. After that it has hovered everyday anywhere from 2 hours to 30 mins
Lack of fp has proven to be great for everyone, the ride averages at about 60 min wait times, also there's a single rider that is usually shorter.
No word on when or if fp will become available.

I dont think there will be FP changes until after mickey and minnie runaway opens in feb or march

SWGE hasn't been at capacity since the morning of day 1, that's been it
Currently there's only one attraction, on day one, at capacity the queue was reported at 6 hours but then quickly went down to 2 hours. After that it has hovered everyday anywhere from 2 hours to 30 mins
Lack of fp has proven to be great for everyone, the ride averages at about 60 min wait times, also there's a single rider that is usually shorter.
No word on when or if fp will become available.

Opening of SWGE at DHS has also coincided with the usual lightest attendance days of the year. I am curious how it will be when the parks are full and especially when everyone is jazzed from having just seen "The Rise of Skywalker".

Opening of SWGE at DHS has also coincided with the usual lightest attendance days of the year. I am curious how it will be when the parks are full and especially when everyone is jazzed from having just seen "The Rise of Skywalker".
It's a wait and see

Interesting. I didn't know they were doing that. But that will go back to 1 morning a week soon?
Extra magic hours every morning from 6am to 9am from September 1st through Nov 2nd. Then going back to regular emh once a week from 8am to 9am with the exception of Thanksgiving week

I hope Disney does it outside booking windows and doesn’t just randomly add it causing chaos in the Disney planning community.

So with that hope in mind, my guess is when the Runaway Railway (whats its acronym, anyways?) opens they mess with the tiers some more and all 3 new attractions get added in. That said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen when ROTR opens.

I’m interested to see what happens with the tiers. Having so many tier 1 options proved to be really nice for getting 4th+ FP, we had no issue getting immediate entry for everything but SDD. Do they just throw the SWGE rides into tier 1? A new tier 1 with SDD, ROTR, and the Runaway Railway (when it opens in 2025)?

A new tier 1 with SDD, ROTR, and the Runaway Railway (when it opens in 2025)?
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is scheduled to open in Spring 2020. Initialism will be MMRR as far as I know.

FPs and Tiering changes are only speculative at this time. I believe it’s being discussed on the Rumors board.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is scheduled to open in Spring 2020. Initialism will be MMRR as far as I know.

FPs and Tiering changes are only speculative at this time. I believe it’s being discussed on the Rumors board.

2025 was my lame attempt at a joke lol.

Thanks, I’ll go find where it’s being speculated there, I assumed that’s what this thread was for since none of us know yet.

The OP just wanted info for his April trip and hadn’t even been aware of EEMH. 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter