Pre trip report - 70 days to go... update 5/4 -Last entry

Also, depending on the state you live in you may have some nearby. I have 3 within 20 minutes of me south of seattle and there's more if I want to drive further. I'm sure the one's in Tokyo are bigger with more stuff but I'll probably skip them in favor of shops I can't go to here.
Per those I was travelling with, Daiso in Japan has significantly more stuff than in the US. I couldn’t believe what I bought for only $10.

Also, depending on the state you live in you may have some nearby. I have 3 within 20 minutes of me south of seattle and there's more if I want to drive further. I'm sure the one's in Tokyo are bigger with more stuff but I'll probably skip them in favor of shops I can't go to here.

There's a lot of different stuff. We would buy things and I would think to myself, I better not see it in the Daiso back home! So now I always pay attention when we go and so far I've only seen 1 thing (some stickers I bought as a gift).

There's a lot of different stuff. We would buy things and I would think to myself, I better not see it in the Daiso back home! So now I always pay attention when we go and so far I've only seen 1 thing (some stickers I bought as a gift).

I'm sure there is so maybe I should rephrase. I generally only buy Disney and Christmas stuff there. I've also already got my ballpoint lins with the sumo wrestler on top so for the stuff I would potentially buy there I'd rather save my money to buy stuff at the sumo match of my favs or at tdlr so it's more unique 🙂

I'm sure there is so maybe I should rephrase. I generally only buy Disney and Christmas stuff there. I've also already got my ballpoint lins with the sumo wrestler on top so for the stuff I would potentially buy there I'd rather save my money to buy stuff at the sumo match of my favs or at tdlr so it's more unique 🙂
Afan, I literally buy all my ladies socks at Daiso Japan. Their socks are perfect for my 8.5 narrow US feet and they last! I don't know why I ever even picked up a pair on my first trip, and now I'm hooked.

Afan, I literally buy all my ladies socks at Daiso Japan.
Now I wish I looked at socks 🤣 But I’m 10.5 narrow, so what are the odds. Oddly, I thought maybe they had wider feet there because any of the slippers in the hotels were too wide for my feet.

OP here - 4 days till flight check in..

Wow

It really is happening.. We are beyond excited. :dance3::dance3::dance3:

So lets see what I have left to do.

Call CC companies to notify them, so we won't have any issues.

Double check the phones with the international calling

Make copies of passports, DL and Vaccination card, US embassy address.

Go to the bank for cash.

Hit the grocery store the day before - I have my list so that we have some easy stuff to thaw out, and not have to do to much to rustle up something to eat.

Dry Cleaning, and making sure DH's work attire is ready. Keep up with all the laundry

Clean the house.

Make list for my neighbor on watering my plants.

We are going to pack tomorrow, or at least to all the major packing, that way if we need something we have time to get it. I hate rushing around like a crazy person trying to find something.

Double check and triple check everything... then recheck it again... LOL... yep I'm just made this way..

So that's where we are at right now.

OP here - 4 days till flight check in..

Wow

It really is happening.. We are beyond excited. :dance3::dance3::dance3:

So lets see what I have left to do.

Call CC companies to notify them, so we won't have any issues.

Double check the phones with the international calling

Make copies of passports, DL and Vaccination card, US embassy address.

Go to the bank for cash.

Hit the grocery store the day before - I have my list so that we have some easy stuff to thaw out, and not have to do to much to rustle up something to eat.

Dry Cleaning, and making sure DH's work attire is ready. Keep up with all the laundry

Clean the house.

Make list for my neighbor on watering my plants.

We are going to pack tomorrow, or at least to all the major packing, that way if we need something we have time to get it. I hate rushing around like a crazy person trying to find something.

Double check and triple check everything... then recheck it again... LOL... yep I'm just made this way..

So that's where we are at right now.
You don't need vaccination card anymore. Japan ditched the program about 9 days earlier than planned. Have fun!

OP here, This is the last entry of my pre-trip report.

So I have been a busy bee the last few days.

Car service confirmed, and they offer a meet in greet with pick up at the arrival hall, for JPY 2000, which is a deal, and simple we just pay the driver. easy peasy.

Packing all most done, just a few odds and ends to throw in last minute. DH hates to pack so I had to bribe him with twisty treat ice cream to get him to comply... lol it was a win win...

Uber ride to the airport reserved.

Made copies of DL, Passports and vaccination cards, just in case.

Charging up all the devices, make sure we have enough cords, and I think I'm going to have to buy another multi plug extension cord, I tried mine last night and only 2 of the plugs work.... arg... always something.

Called CC and Alarm company, Double checked our international calling.

I did have some pixie dust sprinkled on us. I was trying to get some kinda ADR for at least one day in the park. I hit the jack pot... woo hoo... Oceano buffet at Mira Costa which is great we want to check out the hotel, a few of our friends said its worth a quick look around. Sakura, and Magellan's, which I was shocked to be able to get both of these. I will say that you have to keep trying and try at different times. Make sure to fill out all the boxes, or it will not let you move on, it took me a few minutes to get the hang of it.

One of my DH's customers and friend, his wife is Japanese and he gave DH a bunch of tips, plus he said we should go to Kyoto, and just wander around, plus he said we have to ride the bullet train! We do have one day with no real plans set in stone, so DH is like maybe we should go, so now we are back to this... LOL... I think it will be totally a last minute thing. I'm good either way. Shhh don't tell, I did kinda plan a rough draft of a few things to see. lol.

I am almost done cleaning the house, down to just the floors, laundry all most done up, only one load of towels left to do.

One quick trip out to pick up dry cleaning, and a stop a CVS.

I already stock up some meal items for our return, double checked the dates so we are good to go, Breakfast - frozen bagels, cream cheese, bacon ( you can freeze it )and eggs the organic eggs expiration date is june 3rd so good to go there, frozen burgers and brats, I put a package of hamburger and hot dog buns in the freezer, frozen fries, not really healthy but I looking for quick. Plus I have the stuff to make tacos.

We are both so excited about this adventure. I am going to write a in depth trip report when we get back. I bought a small kinda journal to keep up with everything. I also want to Thank you all for all the input and suggestions and knowledge that you all shared.

Domo Arigato Gozaimasu 🙇‍♀️

I did have some pixie dust sprinkled on us. I was trying to get some kinda ADR for at least one day in the park. I hit the jack pot... woo hoo... Oceano buffet at Mira Costa which is great we want to check out the hotel, a few of our friends said its worth a quick look around. Sakura, and Magellan's, which I was shocked to be able to get both of these. I will say that you have to keep trying and try at different times. Make sure to fill out all the boxes, or it will not let you move on, it took me a few minutes to get the hang of it.

If you're at Oceano during a harbor show, they'll invite you out to the balcony to watch. At least that was the case in the before times.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter