~Practically Perfect In Every Way~ 8/18-8/28 at The Polynesian!

T6M5uuB.jpg

yQ8hBxa.jpg

5Iged0U.jpg

jEhre3o.jpg

RvJx5tA.jpg

DH got the Blue Hooch, and I got the Moonshine Mash. Turns out, I'm not a moonshine kind of person. :crazy2: I should've known, I really don't like the taste of most alcohols except rum. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the drinks, it's just me. DH liked his, and he got to keep the souvenir squeeze bottle. We ordered the deviled eggs for an appetizer, but asked the server to leave off the meat. I think the garnish with a bacon.

dPMDB1Y.jpg

IGza3GR.jpg

pqYF3Yk.jpg

They were super tasty, especially with the hot sauce that's on the table. The hot sauce is house made, and absolutely out of this world. I loved it. I really wanted to buy a bottle to bring home, but envisioned it breaking in my suitcase and staining/ stinking everything up. It's really delicious hot sauce though. Not too hot, and great flavor. For our meals we both ordered the chicken sandwich. It was great.

0RZLeee.jpg

F2MEYk7.jpg

ptHN1SF.jpg

OJV6rWp.jpg

Those chips are just :worship: with the dressing on them. Everything was super yummy. We were too full for dessert, but I tried to snap a photo of the cakes from afar:

yHmFbAw.jpg

l0jWcB2.jpg

When we left, we stopped at Planet Hollywood just to check out the store.

NqJerzC.jpg

0zYNx1f.jpg

hKJ7U6o.jpg

nsQOAYa.jpg

I really wanted to get a blanket they had with that galaxy print on it, but for some reason I felt weird buying it since it said Planet Hollywood Observatory on it, and we didn't eat there or go to the observatory :rolleyes:.
After that, we headed back to the resort.

Reactions: DLo
When we got back to the room, housekeeping arranged our leis on the bed in the shape of a heart ,which was cute.

3k9M01V.jpg

And I did what no one likes to do on vacation:

7ufb5eq.jpg

pack up to go home.
We ordered room service, and for who knows why, ended up binge watching 90 day fiance on TV. :laughing: We don't watch TV at home, we don't even have cable. (We do watch Netflix though) So we've never seen this show. But DH stopped on it, and we got really into it, and that's how we spent our last night at WDW. :rolleyes2
For dinner, DH ordered a flatbread pizza, and I got the sticky wings and crab cake appetizers. I wished I had gotten a flatbread pizza instead of the crab cakes, since DH's pizza looked so good. The sticky wings were delicious again, and the crab cakes were good.

oMoWob9.jpg

otOn8fc.jpg

7SMQfcn.jpg

wRLUnkF.jpg

y0dGzBm.jpg

1Tpe869.jpg

During a commercial, I ran down to Pineapple Lanai to get some dole whips for us. (How awesome is it to be able to say that?!)

dAsCZXr.jpg

QmkB2jq.jpg

LIrSohX.jpg

H0NZGx0.jpg

We went to bed as early as possible since we had to be up at 2 am!

Reactions: DLo
TRAVEL HOME

The worst day of any vacation. It was bitter sweet for us, because I was excited to see my furbaby. We were up at 2, showered, checked the room over, grabbed our stuff, and made our way down to the lobby. It was super eerie being in there in the middle of the night. CM's were cleaning, and moving chairs and things, and it was just super quiet and empty. I took the opportunity to take a few last photos.

kPTxRqZ.jpg

2uEetOX.jpg

ZRVIRnY.jpg

0tXoqsh.jpg

6Pja4eJ.jpg

HwMayCh.jpg

zswrtBS.jpg

RgD9BFk.jpg

FjWAuRK.jpg

We were a 1/2 hour early for our pickup time, and A DME bus came to pick up another family that was waiting outside. I asked if we could get on that bus, and the driver had no problem with it . The trip home was uneventful, as usual. It's funny, we went through the exact same routine as last year. On the way home we talk about how much fun we had, and favorite parts, etc. One of us says let's take a little break from WDW, and go somewhere else next vacation, and we both agree that's what we want. Then, 2-3 weeks after we're home, one of us starts talking about how much we miss WDW, and we decide to book another trip. We've been home just almost a month now, and I've already emailed a request for a quote for a November 2018 trip (which they weren't able to provide quite yet) without DH knowing. Last night, he said he wants to go back next year. But when it's colder. I think this time I want to surprise him somehow. I can't surprise him a week or 2 before, because part of the fun of the trip for us is looking forward to it. But maybe I can book it without him knowing, and tell him at our 180 day ADR day. I'll give it some thought, but hopefully I will have another TR to write next year!

Thank you so much to everyone who read along!!! Bye! :wave2:

Sad to see your trip end! I really enjoyed your adventures and all your food reviews and pics! That is one of the things I really look forward to in a trip.

I feel the same exact way about another trip. I always think maybe I should try something different, but I have an amazing time and there is always a new attraction or restaurant I really want to try. Surprising your husband sounds like a very nice idea! You could even try and figure out what new dining he may want to try and get them booked when you reveal it at 180 days. Good luck in your planning :)

Sad to see your trip end! I really enjoyed your adventures and all your food reviews and pics! That is one of the things I really look forward to in a trip.

I feel the same exact way about another trip. I always think maybe I should try something different, but I have an amazing time and there is always a new attraction or restaurant I really want to try. Surprising your husband sounds like a very nice idea! You could even try and figure out what new dining he may want to try and get them booked when you reveal it at 180 days. Good luck in your planning :)

Thank you so much for reading! That's one of my favorite parts of the trip too!

That sounds like a great idea! I know which restaurants he wants to try, so I could definitely do that!

Gosh, you're really quick with the posts! You got this report done in record time!

If I were wealthy, my home would be decorated with so many pieces from Art of Disney. I'd drop a small fortune in that place!

I think I may know why you didn't get the bread pudding with your room service feast. The person taking your order talked you into a child's feast. We've eaten at Ohana with our grandkids and they always get cupcakes for dessert. Of course, they eat some of the bread pudding also. I believe the reason you got a cupcake was because it was the child's feast.

Morimoto Asia looks so good! That photo of you and your husband there is frame worthy!

I hope you're able to swing another trip next year. You probably get the, "Didn't you just go to Disney last year?" from people, too. It's sad that some people just don't understand. I'm happy to say that I've passed on the love to my oldest daughter. She and her husband and kids visit at least once a year, sometimes twice. They're now seriously considering buying into DVC.

I absolutely loved this trip report! Many of your photos look like they could be in advertisements for Disney,

P.S. I think I gained five pounds just reading this!!!

Gosh, you're really quick with the posts! You got this report done in record time!

If I were wealthy, my home would be decorated with so many pieces from Art of Disney. I'd drop a small fortune in that place!

I think I may know why you didn't get the bread pudding with your room service feast. The person taking your order talked you into a child's feast. We've eaten at Ohana with our grandkids and they always get cupcakes for dessert. Of course, they eat some of the bread pudding also. I believe the reason you got a cupcake was because it was the child's feast.

Morimoto Asia looks so good! That photo of you and your husband there is frame worthy!

I hope you're able to swing another trip next year. You probably get the, "Didn't you just go to Disney last year?" from people, too. It's sad that some people just don't understand. I'm happy to say that I've passed on the love to my oldest daughter. She and her husband and kids visit at least once a year, sometimes twice. They're now seriously considering buying into DVC.

I absolutely loved this trip report! Many of your photos look like they could be in advertisements for Disney,

P.S. I think I gained five pounds just reading this!!!

Thanks! That's so funny, I felt like it took my forever to complete. Last year I finished it up as soon as I got home, but this time has been more difficult with the new pup and work. I had a slow day at work yesterday though, so was able to wrap it up!

I know what you mean about Art of Disney, I wish I had the money to buy a bunch of pieces there!

That makes so much sense about the bread pudding. I assumed the cupcakes were for DH, but that makes sense.

Morimoto was great! And thank you so much :goodvibes

And I get the "you're going again?!" Allllll the time. I just ignore it. It's funny, the people in my life who say it are the same ones who go to Vegas every year, or the same beach or cruise every year. And they don't understand how we don't get bored going to WDW. Yet, they've never been there.:confused3 I'm glad you passed the love onto your daughter! It's definitely a generational thing :goodvibes.

Thank you again for reading along!!

:sad::sad::sad:I'm so sad your trip (and TR) is over! planning the next trip helps with the withdrawals for sure. And reading other people's TRs, not that I would know. :rolleyes1

We have a stay coming up in December, at Bay Lake Tower, and I've been thinking to myself, maybe we'll take the monorail to MK every morning, just so I can stop and get one of those coffees! Crazy? Definitely. We also have a ADR for Chef Smith's that I'm planning on canceling if we can score a dinner res at 1900 Park Fare (bringing our princess obsessed 3 year old), but now you have me thinking I may keep it...

You'll love November, if you can go them. Christmas decorations will be out and its just huge step up in the magical factor. The cooler weather helps too!

Thank you for sharing all your pictures, and your trip, with us!

:sad::sad::sad:I'm so sad your trip (and TR) is over! planning the next trip helps with the withdrawals for sure. And reading other people's TRs, not that I would know. :rolleyes1

We have a stay coming up in December, at Bay Lake Tower, and I've been thinking to myself, maybe we'll take the monorail to MK every morning, just so I can stop and get one of those coffees! Crazy? Definitely. We also have a ADR for Chef Smith's that I'm planning on canceling if we can score a dinner res at 1900 Park Fare (bringing our princess obsessed 3 year old), but now you have me thinking I may keep it...

You'll love November, if you can go them. Christmas decorations will be out and its just huge step up in the magical factor. The cooler weather helps too!

Thank you for sharing all your pictures, and your trip, with us!

Thank you for reading! That sounds like an amazing idea, nothing wrong with a coffee stop in the morning!

If you're not able to score 1900 Park Fare, Homecoming was great, so either way you'll have a great meal!

November sounds like such a nice time to go. DH and I have gone in December (his 1st trip) and we loved it. I'm hoping to catch the tail end of food & wine if we go in November though.

Have a mgical time in December! I hope you have an amazing trip!!

Last edited:
Really enjoyed your TR! My DH and I are going early Dec. which is our favorite time to go. Based on the hard time I'm having getting and switching some ADR's, I'm worried it's going to be busy. But, I'm going to TRY and go with the flow :rotfl2:If our trip is 1/2 as good as yours, I'll be happy! Thanks for sharing!

Really enjoyed your TR! My DH and I are going early Dec. which is our favorite time to go. Based on the hard time I'm having getting and switching some ADR's, I'm worried it's going to be busy. But, I'm going to TRY and go with the flow :rotfl2:If our trip is 1/2 as good as yours, I'll be happy! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for reading! December is such a beautiful time to go! DH and I went in Dec on his first trip, and crowds were super managable! Granted, that was 7 years ago :rolleyes: so things may have changed. At least you have a good mindset going in, and going with the flow will definitely save your sanity. There were times (quite a few) that we totally veered off schedule, and the control freak in me wanted to get upset. But I just went with it, and it probably saved me from being a total grump and ruining the rest of the day. If crowds are getting to you, maybe just be prepared to take breaks, or do something to get away from crowds for a bit. And hey, your trip will have wonderful cool, nice weather, and the beautiful Christmas decorations :thumbsup2 Have an amazing time!

loved your report. We will be staying at the Poly for the first time in december so it was great to see your pics. And all of the food -- oh my! It will be almost 2 years since our last trip so there are so many new things--- plus the last trip my baby was 3 months old so things were a blur!!

Did you take all of those great pics on your phone???????

loved your report. We will be staying at the Poly for the first time in december so it was great to see your pics. And all of the food -- oh my! It will be almost 2 years since our last trip so there are so many new things--- plus the last trip my baby was 3 months old so things were a blur!!

Did you take all of those great pics on your phone???????
Thank you for reading! Yes, I only used my phone (samsung galaxy s7) for pictures this trip. :goodvibes
You will absolutely love The Polynesian, it's so beautiful! And how fun, so your baby will be 2 on this upcoming trip? That'll be such a fun age. Have an amazing trip, and enjoy the cool weather and all the Christmas decorations! It'll be here before you know it!

Yes, I only used my phone (samsung galaxy s7) for pictures this trip. :goodvibes
WOW!! I cant believe it. Ok I will aspire to do better with my Samsung S8...Yours were so good!!!!!
Yes she will turn 2 less than 2 weeks before the trip!! (older one is 11 years old so I dont know which girl will be harder to manage!).
Oh and I forgot - Happy belated 1 year anniversary! Looking forward to reading your surprise next trip. party:

WOW!! I cant believe it. Ok I will aspire to do better with my Samsung S8...Yours were so good!!!!!
Yes she will turn 2 less than 2 weeks before the trip!! (older one is 11 years old so I dont know which girl will be harder to manage!).
Oh and I forgot - Happy belated 1 year anniversary! Looking forward to reading your surprise next trip. party:

Thank you! Oh yeah, the S8 should take great pictures :goodvibes you're hands will definitely be full with a 2 year old and 11 year old, but you're going to make some amazing memories! And your 11 year old will love the resort. Thank you again, hopefully we will have a trip booked soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter