PPO BOG no longer first come first served?

Rangers67

Mouseketeer
Sent my friends to BOG with an 8:35 reservation and they won’t let them in early. Feel terrible because they got up early for the chance to ride 7 dwarfs because they don’t have a FP. Has this happened before?

Sent my friends to BOG with an 8:35 reservation and they won’t let them in early. Feel terrible because they got up early for the chance to ride 7 dwarfs because they don’t have a FP. Has this happened before?

I've never done PPO or read up on them enough to know. But getting in earlier than the reservation time I don't believe was ever a guarantee. It likely all depends on castmember, amount of ressies, etc.

If they can scarf their food down really fast though...

I've also never experienced not being able to get into the park early but as PP said it probably depends on on the CM and reservations.

Was it an EMM day? If so, they wouldn't have been able to ride before their reservation. The past few times we have gone on EMM they have held us in the standby line until park opening and then let us in.

I'm really shocked they wouldn't let them in early. It's not like they're going to have them wait for someone at a table ahead of them to finish and leave. And some of the earlier people inevitably will run late. It seems like they would want everyone in that first hour seated as quickly as possible so they can turn those tables over sooner.

But yeah, definitely not a guaranteed way to ride 7DMT.

To clarify they were allowed to the restaurant but they wouldn’t seat them early. I’ve done this many times and have never had to wait for our reservation which I learned about on the board. I guess in the future I will worry about getting the earliest possible reservation.

To clarify they were allowed to the restaurant but they wouldn’t seat them early. I’ve done this many times and have never had to wait for our reservation which I learned about on the board. I guess in the future I will worry about getting the earliest possible reservation.
I would be curious to hear some reports from others on how this has gone recently. I can't imagine they were waiting for a table to open up. Maybe they were just backed up more than usual that morning or something.
Maybe they were just actually full, with all the people doing what your friends were doing?

Our one attempt at this was a dud, not because of BOG. It because 7DMT was down at opening. So we woke up and ate an overpriced mediocre breakfast for nothing.
Well, they only book so many ADRs. I doubt the restaurant was actually full.

Maybe they were just actually full, with all the people doing what your friends were doing?

Our one attempt at this was a dud, not because of BOG. It because 7DMT was down at opening. So we woke up and ate an overpriced mediocre breakfast for nothing.

:( I know never guaranteed. I did think about that. Maybe too many ppl were early today.

I would be curious to hear some reports from others on how this has gone recently. I can't imagine they were waiting for a table to open up. Maybe they were just backed up more than usual that morning or something.

Well, they only book so many ADRs. I doubt the restaurant was actually full.

Yes but the ADRs are not all for 8am, even though that’s when everyone tries to show up. Maybe too many 8:45ers showed up at 8 today?

Gosh...is
7DMT that popular that folks try to get on it first? I haven't had a chance to ride it, but I would assuming arriving at opening, you can get on without a fast pass?

Gosh...is
7DMT that popular that folks try to get on it first? I haven't had a chance to ride it, but I would assuming arriving at opening, you can get on without a fast pass?

It is still immensely popular. If you don't have a FP you can still ride, but you will be in line for at least two hours. Generally at rope drop there is a mass group of people that all head there trying to get on. It is a fun ride, but I don't think it is worth the hype.

It is still immensely popular. If you don't have a FP you can still ride, but you will be in line for at least two hours. Generally at rope drop there is a mass group of people that all head there trying to get on. It is a fun ride, but I don't think it is worth the hype.

I agree. It was okay, not great. Definitely not worth a long wait. I’d rather single rider Gringotts.

It’s mind boggling the strategies folks use to ride rides.

What’s the back up if the train ride is packed?

I agree. It was okay, not great. Definitely not worth a long wait. I’d rather single rider Gringotts.

It’s mind boggling the strategies folks use to ride rides.

What’s the back up if the train ride is packed?

I haven't gotten to ride Gringotts yet! We never wait for it, it is always a FP for us. Normally if we have a PPO we will jump in line, assuming we can, simply because we can and high tail it over to BTMR!

I haven't gotten to ride Gringotts yet! We never wait for it, it is always a FP for us. Normally if we have a PPO we will jump in line, assuming we can, simply because we can and high tail it over to BTMR!

For comparable thrills, Gringotts is a close match to mine train.

The mine train queue is a breeding ground for the flu. I’d never go through it during flu season.

I never thought about using a dining reservation to get early admission to the park. That’s clever.

Just wait until Tron opens. Then rope-dropping 7DMT will be a cakewalk.

I think 7DMT will continue to be popular at rope drop because of only having a 38” height restriction and it’s family coaster appeal. It’s a first “big” ride for lots of kids.

Tron’s 48” height restriction (at least that’s what it is in Shanghai- guessing it’ll be the same at WDW) really limits the number of kids who can ride - that’s 4 inches taller than FOP, Everest and Space Mountain, the highest height restrictions in the FL parks. I’m not sure that many people who rope drop 7DMT would rope drop Tron instead. Don’t get me wrong - Tron will be hugely, insanely popular at rope drop, but I think 7DMT will stay consistently busy with families with small kids even after Tron opens.

Will be interesting to see!

For comparable thrills, Gringotts is a close match to mine train.

The mine train queue is a breeding ground for the flu. I’d never go through it during flu season.

I never thought about using a dining reservation to get early admission to the park. That’s clever.

Haha I have to agree about the queue. Especially when the gem sorting was still there. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it!

I know that getting a PPO reservation to hit up rides like FOP, 7DMT, and FEA is fairly popular but IDK if it really gives you that much of a headstart over rope drop crowds. We always do a PPO MK reservation to have the opportunity to be in the MK with less crowds and kinda get a nice relaxing start to the day. It is such a treat to see a limited number of people on Main Street and has allowed us pictures in front of the castle with little to no one in the background.

We had an 8:25am PPO BOG a couple of weeks ago (Park was opening at 9). I can remember what time we arrived but it was prob no more than 10 mins early.

We ate and left BOG by 8:45-8:50 and people were already on 7DMT! We went over and pretty much walked right on.

I asked a CM at the ride if they opened early and she said that they usually open about 10 mins before park opening for the breakfast crowd. So glad we left BOG when we did!

When we got off the ride, the line was very long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter