• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Potc 3 - No Spoiler

Crazy Hakim

DIS Veteran
Stay till the very end, sit thru all of the credits. More than 90% of the people in our theater missed the final scene.

I've been talking about that with a couple people. It did make little sense, but it doesn't take to much fanwanking to mentally "Fix" it.

It begs the question, did the filmmakers fail because they messed up the character? Or did they fail because they didn't make it clear that it's still in character? In otherwords, we don't really know what happened during the credits and we should.

Incidently, we've come up with a name for that Island but it would violate the terms of service to say it.

I thought it made a lot of sense.
Since this is a 'no spoiler' I can only say that the child is 9 years, 3 months old, savvy?

Go to Wikipedia for a complete rundown on the plot of the movie..it really clears up a few things!

Well of course THAT made sense. I'm 32 years old for God's sake. We're not talking about that though.

Well of course THAT made sense. I'm 32 years old for God's sake. We're not talking about that though.

Wait...wha??? You mean...no it can't be.....Aliens???

Anywho...that is not the only thing that the "film makers" where they went light on the details and what and how fors. I came out of that movie saying to myself .."but how did"..."why did"..."why was she even a character"...."why did they go there" I really think there were six scripts for this movie and they loaded them all in a shotgun and pulled the trigger then had someone go and pick up what was left and that became the movie.

I shouldn't need to go to Wikipedia to clear up the plot of a frackin movie.

That's the sign of a bad movie.

Or a really really really really good one. And Pirates was never that kind of movie.

So I read the Wiki entry. It's confirmed, bad filmmaking, specifically bad editing. That scene should have been left in. That was my biggest problem with the film. Hopefully they'll put it back into the DVD, not just as a cut scene.

Well, I'm also mad about how 2 and 3 handled the East India company, but that's a horse of a different color.

My DH and I went opening night. We knew from the second POTC to stay after the credits for another scene. Most people did not. I have not talked to one person who has since seen the movie who stayed through the credits. Stay until the very end! I was much happier with the resolution of the movie after seeing the final, final scene.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter