***Post Your MNSSHP Costume Ideas***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, all you crafty Disboards members; I need a little help... My kids decided that we are dressing up as characters from Toy Story. I was told that I am going as a Green Army Man. I have the clothes. However, how would you get the shiny green look on top of the material? Thanks!!!!

spray glitter? some kind of iridescent paint?

Thanks for the reply Beka. I did some research on the web and I think I am going to use upholstery paint. I can get it at Michaels'. I'll post some pictures when I'm done.

Thanks for the reply Beka. I did some research on the web and I think I am going to use upholstery paint. I can get it at Michaels'. I'll post some pictures when I'm done.

Never heard of it! Can't wait to see the results!

We're going to the first party, on 9/14 (leaving in eight days!!!).

I'm going to be Minnie Mouse- wearing Minnie ears and a pillowcase dress I made.

My husband will be Indiana Jones- hat, camp shirt from Goodwill that I'll stain with dirt, khaki shorts (for the hot weather), crossbody bag also from Goodwill, and a whip.

My daughter is going to be Alice- blue pillowcase dress and white apron, black ribbon in her hair.

My older son is going to be Stitch- blue t-shirt and shorts, and a Stitch hat I made (worried about finding one in the parks, and/or it being too expensive).

And my younger son will be Wart from The Sword in the Stone- oversized polo as tunic, leggings I hemmed into shorts (for the hot weather), his sister's belt around his waist, and a rubber sword.

Here are some pictures on my blog of the things I made if you're interested:http://abracat.blogspot.com/2010/09/im-crafty-one.html It was so much fun-- I can't wait until next year!

We went last year & loved it, and *think* we can swing it $$ this year. We leave in 8 days, so if we do end up going, I think we're going to just dress up as M&Ms. I will get each of the 4 of us a solid m&m colored shirt & paint an 'm' on it. Kinda lame, but it's so last minute!

We are going on Oct 1st and I am considering having us go as the Aristocats...I would be Duchess, DH as Thomas O'Malley. My dd4 could be Marie and ds7 as Tolouse. We just adopted kittens and they love them so I think they'd like going as cats. I don't want anything too hot. Or expensive as the tickets are kinda pricey (and we just decided this week to do it, so it wasn't really in the budget).

I am excited to be going to my first MNSSHP on October 3... We are going with 3 generations of people....

The Grandparents are going as Mousketeers
The Parents are going as famous Disney Couples- We have Mary Poppins and Bert, Jasmine and Aladdin, Snow White and Prince Charming
The Children are going as Disney Villains- Malificent, Cruella DeVil, Anastasia and Drizella (from Cinderella), The Red Queen, and the Mad Hatter (ok- not a real villain, but my son is absolutely convinced LOL)

Most of us sew- some costumes are going to be purchased, but some we will make... got to get sewing :)

There was going to be 16 of us going, 2 sets of grandparents, 3 couples, and 6 kids

HOWEVER...This Tuesday my mom was the extremely lucky recepient of a kidney transplant.:banana::banana::banana:

She has been waiting for 5 years, and was told because of her PRA levels she had practically zero chance of receiving a donor kidney- and she won the jackpot. I am writing this from her hospital room... Am sad that her and my dad won't be there, but am willing to give up this one trip with them for the gift of her life.

So now there will be 14 of us there in person, 2 in spirit...

There are three of us going as Sports fans. We each chose a sport and are going dressed up as our Team of choice. I'm going to be a Saints fan with my Jersey black shorts and tights,Saints flipflops, and decorate my hair with gold and black paint! My friends are doing simliar things with their teams. We have a football,basketball and Baseball player for the September 30th MNSSHP!

My dd (7) and ds (2) are going as Lilo and Stitch. It it our second party and ds's first!! We are so excited! Everyone is counting the days here.

My nephew is going to be a football player, his dad a coach, my DH a ref.

My mom is going to be an angel-white graduation gown with feather wings, my dd11 a penguin (Mary Poppins),
dd8 witch in red,
dd5 Sully from Monsters Inc.

Not sure what I am going to be yet, have a couple ideas just waiting to see what I can pull together and is easy to pack.

We finally decided on our costumes this week for the party on 10/28. We are going with a Toy Story theme. My husband and I will be going as Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. I will be 34 weeks pregnant at the time, so it was hard trying to find a costume that I think will fit my belly into it. Plus we can wear short sleeves and shorts or long sleeves and pants under them depending on the weather. My DD7 is going to be Jessie and DD5 is going to be Bo Peep. DD7 said "oh, so we are doing TS2 not TS3". I was a little confused until she reminded me that Bo Peep is not in TS3 - LOL.

This is our first MNSSHP and we'll be there on the 31st. I had matching halloween t-shirts made for us. My kids are 13 and 11 and aren't really into dressing up anymore. Now I'm wondering if we'll look odd not being in costume.

DD12 wants to a vampire. I have no idea yet of what I am going to go as. We are doing MNSSHP on the 29th of Oct.

When we went to MNSSHP, I was a newsboy from the musical "Newsies", my friend was a pirate, and my dad was Zorro!

100_2963.jpg

A few months ago I had a Mad Tea Party with my friend's kids. I put together a homemade Mad Hatter's costume. I thought it came out pretty good, but the kids kept calling me the Mad Hatter's "wife". :rotfl:

DSCN6192.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter