Post your exchange ideas here!!

My husband told me to let him know if we ever do a sports exchange . although that is pretty broad.

We've both big sports fans...especially the 4 major sports, although we like just about anything.

Anyone else not getting any updates in their e-mail about new posts to threads? I used to get one every day when a thread i'd posted on had been updated and I haven't for a few days.... Just wondering if it was me or what...

UrsulasMyHero said:
Anyone else not getting any updates in their e-mail about new posts to threads? I used to get one every day when a thread i'd posted on had been updated and I haven't for a few days.... Just wondering if it was me or what...

I do recieve updates, but they come maybe like a few hours to a day later. :confused3

How about children? Can you tell it has been a rough day here with my little one? Naah, I am kidding! I wouldn't trade my little Tinkerbell for anything.

I loved the colors that was always a lot of fun and left things wide open as far as what you could get. Also, I loved getting younger girls since I can make bows and that was always a good fall back for colors if the child was young enough. Hehehe.

Let's see....I am not good at these ideas.

Gift cards? $10.00 - $15.00 limit from the senders choice of places? I guess people would have to be pretty generic to make sure that they reciever was able to use it in theor own town. That could also be fun with restaurants. You'd just have to make sure there was one of those restaurants in their town.

Well, that about does it for my not-so-brilliant ideas.

UrsulasMyHero said:

I'm not getting the news in a timely fashion either!
Bobbi

i too like food items-esp. ones that are regional in nature. how about spices, marinades, dip mixes and the like that are from your area (as an example we live near napa and there are tons of wine based marinades, mustards, spices/dip mixes with local plants).

might be nice to do in time for using them for holiday parties and the like.

you might even be able to enhance it by having the sender advise the recipient how they use the product in a not so obvious way (we have a local dip mix that we use in our bread machine to make herb bread-realy yummy but no indication on the packaging it can be used for that purpose).

I didn't read through this whole thread, so I don't know if it was mentioned or done yet, but I'd like to see a Hair produces exchange.

I have 3 grand daughters all who have long hair. They spend the night at our house and I'm always looking for hair ties, clips, barrettes, headbands etc. to do their hair with. I'd be in for all 3 girls.

DisneyCP2002 and I are trying to get the alphabet/color exchange up and running. We're going to do each letter, and it will also encompass colors. For instance, "B" is going to be blue. She plans to start the letter "A" in midAugust. Afterwards, I will start sign-ups for blue. Everyone, please keep an eye out for sign-ups and come join us. If anyone is interested in hosting, pm me!

I have yet to participate in any exchanges, but I'm gonna start soon!
Love the idea for a beanie babie exchange, I collect.
Uh....anything Disney exhange would be nice.

Sparx said:
picture frames.
we could revisit the colors
office supplies (lol)
books
dvds
music
tshirts (you'd have to put your size on the sign up form)
pictures (like famous prints)
online order (has to be ordered online)
amazon wishlist (order one or two things off someone's wishlist)
something from wdw
computer stuff (softwear or hardwear)

I've got a million ideas.

i like the picture frame one, I collect them :goodvibes

Sorry to barge in here. My DD wants me to pass along an idea for an exchange. Is anyone interested in getting the kids involved in an exchange?

I had a 7 year old DD and a 6 year old DS. They were really curious about an exchange I was doing for the Ladies Only trip and want to give it a try. It might be hard to match up with all the different ages but it would be lots of fun.
Maybe make up a questionaire that the kids have to answer and then the other child can do shopping based on that or we could go with a theme :confused3

What do you think?

Kelly

kelsco99 said:
Sorry to barge in here. My DD wants me to pass along an idea for an exchange. Is anyone interested in getting the kids involved in an exchange?

I had a 7 year old DD and a 6 year old DS. They were really curious about an exchange I was doing for the Ladies Only trip and want to give it a try. It might be hard to match up with all the different ages but it would be lots of fun.
Maybe make up a questionaire that the kids have to answer and then the other child can do shopping based on that or we could go with a theme :confused3

What do you think?

Kelly

I have hosted a bunch of kids only exchanges ranging from-bathtime fun, outside fun, book exchange-which we are now exchanging, and a bunch of other ones. Also, kids are welcome to join in on most of the adult exchanges. Ex. I have the Halloween exchange going on now...where you would either exchange with an adult or child, but if you put in a request to buy from a child, or to recieve from a child, that can also be done. I will also have the Christmas present and Christmas stocking exchange coming up in Nov. and there are usually a bunch of children that participate in that one as well. There is now the sticker/sticker book exchange if your daughter is interested in that.

How can one be a part of the exchange. First I've heard of it....sounds like a fun thing to do.

Look for an exchange that is taking sign-ups (that you are interested in ;) ) and on the first post will be the info you need to send to the organizer.

I have only skimmed this thread, so if this has been mentioned or done already please disregard it.

Maybe there might be an interest in a pet goodies exchange. Like dog/cat treats, toys, etc. Just a thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts