POST YOUR DISNEY DREAM TIPS/MUST do'S!

ecahoy said:
--If you don't like your table location on the first night of dinner in your restaurant, be sure to ask the Maitre'd to change your location. We asked, and were given several alternative locations to choose from!

How does this work? Does it apply for the different dining rooms as well? :)

Here are my tips:

-While you are waiting to get into your stateroom, look around the ship. It's huge!
-Go to the Princess meets! The times are listed in the Navigator as well as the PALS line on the phone
-Show up to the Princess meets about 15 minutes early to get a good place in line.
-Carry a camera with you at all times. You never know who you will bump into! I brought a underwater camera, a cam corder and several SD cards. We take our own pics instead of buying the ones onboard.
-The FE is a gift exchange between Disers. And it's awesome! Sign up on the Disnmeets boards
-Have your pirate gear and extra stuff sent to the ship before your cruise. Adults dress up too.
-Do one of the "Everyone can cook classes." They are free and you get to eat!
-First thing go to guest services and get your free sea sickness pills.
-Use the Oceneers club for some one on one time. My youngest daughter loved the club. Be prepared for them not wanting to come out.
-Bring your own alcohol on board or get some very cheaply in port on Nassau day along with Rum cakes.
-Bring water shoes. Some people's feet are gross! We came home with plantar warts last cruise. (yuck)
-bring your own sun lotion. It's expensive on ship.
-get a button from guest services for your special day like Birthday or anniversary.
-If you are celebrating a birthday on board, bring your own streamers, tape, and confetti. Your stateroom host might help you set the room up. Ours made my daughter a towel birthday cake.
-Look at the Navigator every night and highlight what you want to do the next day.
-If you have second dinner seating, have a big breakfast, a lunch around 2 and a nap, then a snack before the show or room service.

Loving all th suggestions.
We are 6 adults and 5 kids in three rooms.
Two rooms are connecting.
Will we be able to have the deck barrier removed to the third room?
Should we pack a few sand toys for three five year olds or castaway.:beach:How is pensive is the cabana on casteWay?

Have a question about the h20 toiletries.
Are the sample sizes and are they replenished,
And way do they consist of?

Nini05 said:
Loving all th suggestions.
We are 6 adults and 5 kids in three rooms.
Two rooms are connecting.
Will we be able to have the deck barrier removed to the third room?
Should we pack a few sand toys for three five year olds or castaway.:beach:How is pensive is the cabana on casteWay?

I believe the cabanas are $499 for the day.

Believe we will pass on the cabanas:confused:

This is one of those expences that you really have to think about. My mom and I at first decided no way but the more I thought about it I figured why not. We weren't sure we'd ever get the chance again so we decided to split the cost between us. We loved it!

you get in one line and the princesses are lined up...you stop by each princess for a photo/autograph.

The lines are slightly shorter on the ship vs the park and the atmosphere is much more opulent. I feel like the princesses take more time with each guest on the cruise, as well

Have a question about the h20 toiletries.
Are the sample sizes and are they replenished,
And way do they consist of?

They are lg sample size. Think purse size lotions etc. We got lotion, bar soap, shampoo, and conditioner. I put our unused in our bag every am and had new ones everyday. Now I pull them out and use them once in awhile. The hand lotions works great but don't like the smell much.

Get all the milk you want through room service(comes in handy especially with toddlers), don't be afraid to ask for multiple cartons.
Even though not on the menu, you can get Mickey bars through room service and at the restaurants. :mickeybar
Water is expensive on board, I suggest buying a case wholesale and putting bottles in all pieces of your luggage.
If you miss an evening show, you can catch an airing at night on your stateroom tv.:happytv:
If you are roaming the adult clubs you can grab a late night snack sometimes outside the clubs. Usually there is a small stand set up with finger foods.

Make sure you do the detective thing. It was really cute. We did it on the sea day.
[/QUOTE]

What is the "detective thing"? :cutie: :stir:

What is the "detective thing"? :cutie: :stir:

From the WDWINFO page about it:

Midship Detective Agency

This interactive adventure game is only on the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy. The ships are filled with "Enchanted Art" and technology designed to bring the guest into the story. Guests will use a map and special game card to check out pieces of the Enchanted Art to find clues and uncover the whereabouts of the missing items. In these adventures on the Dream, guests work with Mickey and his friends to solve one of two mysteries - The Case of the Missing Puppies or The Case of the Stolen Paintings. On the Fantasy, the two mysteries are available with Mickey, as well as a new Muppets mystery. Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo and Animal are planning a big stage show, but they discover that their props are missing. Guests will even find a Muppets message board and a Muppet-sized stateroom door on board, containing clues to help solve the crime before curtain time for the big show.

This game, designed for ages nine and up, is self-paced and can be played over and over, as events and endings will change each time.

Note that the Muppet version of the "adventure" is only on the Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter