POST YOUR DISNEY DREAM TIPS/MUST do'S!

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2
Do you know what "Mickey Bars" are? :mickeyjum

mickeybar_zps011c72f5.jpg

What about the 5K Castaway Cay Run/Walk? :teacher: :yay:

The 5K is an event that takes place at Disney's private island, Castaway Cay, and anyone can sign up free of charge. You meet the group of crazy-people-people-who-actually-want-to-exercise-while-on-vacation at a pre-arranged spot first thing upon arrival at the island. Then you walk/run for 5 km and at the end you get to buy a t-shirt that says you did it. My wife did it last time and thought it was a lot of fun.

We parked on level 3 of the parking garage - at 9:30 AM. At 10 AM we walked across the bridge - through security and right into the terminal - no line whatsoever - there was a line of people coming in below (and you don't have to park in the garage to use the bridge - just go up to level three and hang around until 10 - bring a morning paper)

Thank You for this!!

Anyone have anything to add for cruising on the DREAM with babies & toddlers? :confused:

DH & I have taken several Disney Cruises and we've been on the Dream once but never as parents. My children will be almost 3yrs old (2yrs and 10 months) and 15 months. I anticipate that my oldest son will be potty trained. The younger one will not, so I read that he will be limited to Mickey’s Splash Zone.

I have no clue about Flounder’s Reef Nursery or Oceaneer Club and how to utilize them. :worried:

FYI: I know about the Babies Travel Lite service, but I'm not interested. We purposly booked this cruise for when my youngest will be drinking whole milk so we don't have to worry about dealing with formula and we live pretty close to the port so we won't need to ship diapers or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for any tips!!

Anyone have anything to add for cruising on the DREAM with babies & toddlers? :confused:

DH & I have taken several Disney Cruises and we've been on the Dream once but never as parents. My children will be almost 3yrs old (2yrs and 10 months) and 15 months. I anticipate that my oldest son will be potty trained. The younger one will not, so I read that he will be limited to Mickey’s Splash Zone.

I have no clue about Flounder’s Reef Nursery or Oceaneer Club and how to utilize them. :worried:

FYI: I know about the Babies Travel Lite service, but I'm not interested. We purposly booked this cruise for when my youngest will be drinking whole milk so we don't have to worry about dealing with formula and we live pretty close to the port so we won't need to ship diapers or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for any tips!!

The Oceaneer Club is really easy but they must be potty trained to go there I believe. You can register them on line and when you get to the terminal they will give them a mickey band to wear that has all your information on it. They don't do pagers anymore. This is located on the right hand side across from check in. Then just drop them off at the club when ever they are opened. The councelors their are great. You can go to the open house on the first day you get on the ship and wander in all the clubs if you like. Depending on what ship the Oceaneer and Lab in the same place just different rooms. Magic and Wonder they are are across the deck from each other. You can also wait and see what it would be like and then sign up at the club itself, no problems there. Pretty easy.

Not sure about the Nursery, I do know you have to book the times you want to drop them off. Not sure if it cost either sorry maybe someone can let you know. It could be in the sticky note on the top of the forum page that will give you more info.

NAB said:
Not sure about the Nursery, I do know you have to book the times you want to drop them off. Not sure if it cost either sorry maybe someone can let you know. It could be in the sticky note on the top of the forum page that will give you more info.

You book the nursery online before sailing as times fill up quick. If you wait until you board you may not get the time you want. We booked DS every night at 8 so we could go to shows. It does cost money and you have to book in two hour intervals. I can't remember how much it was but I can find out.

I have a question regarding some tips about bringing your own alcohol onboard. I've been on several RCCL cruises and this was NOT allowed. Can you really bring your own alcohol on the DCL??? That would save a LOT of $$$...

lindsayp said:
I have a question regarding some tips about bringing your own alcohol onboard. I've been on several RCCL cruises and this was NOT allowed. Can you really bring your own alcohol on the DCL??? That would save a LOT of $$$...

As long as it is in your carry on you can bring it

Does everyone mean sneaking it on then or is it allowed? If its sneaking, don't they put it through a scanner and see it anyways?

Jess6001 said:
Does everyone mean sneaking it on then or is it allowed? If its sneaking, don't they put it through a scanner and see it anyways?

My understanding is that it is allowed... People buy cases of water and carry them on board covered with a garbage bag... No one is ever stopped so I take that as allowed

Just off the dream and we brought 3 bottles of wine and bought rye an vodka at a port they let us bring it all on board and we didn't sneak it. As well I brought a glass of wine every meal and they didn't say a word.

Wow. That's awesome. Will be bringing some adult beverages for sure!

Any type of beverage is allowed to be brought onboard as long as it is in your carry on bag, not your checked luggage. That's DCL policy.

Do you guys think you could buy wine online and have it shipped to a Disney resort that your staying at beforehand? Just because we're flying and have no rental car. It doesn't look like Costco does. Know of any place that would? (Not sure if you can even buy alcohol online actually...but I know there's those wine clubs online)

Yes. Carry-on only. We took those one you freeze. Like big capri suns.the ones with twist tops were handy.

Lots of great information here. I am getting so excited reading all of this. We are first time Disney Cruisers boarding the dream in two weeks! Thanks for all the wonderful tips! Happy Sailing!!:cool1:

mgjmom615 said:
Ok this might be really stupid. Where do you freeze them?

We have used rum runners before and they worked out great. Try to google rum runner flasks. I think the one that we ordered from was rum runner flasks dot com.

I guess I can't post a link because I am more of a "stalker" than a "poster" ;)

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter