POST YOUR DISNEY DREAM TIPS/MUST do'S!

The cast members will sign a MAXIMUM of 2 items per stateroom.

:)

When I brought our two items to Guest Services on the Wonder, the cast member there told me they would sign three items per stateroom. However I had just the two items so it didn't really matter for our family.

The cast members will sign a MAXIMUM of 2 items per stateroom.

:)

If you request that "as many characters as possible sign" it, they may surprise you! We had a TON of characters sign our matted frame including ones we weren't expecting such as captain hook, smee, stick, lilo and dopey!

We also requested that mickey sign "Happy first anniversary!" before his signature and they did that for us, too!

Just whatever you do, always make sure to thank them and be nice! This is a free service that they do for their guests and a simple sincere thank you can go a very long way! :-) Happy sailing!

Pigletsmom, There is a variation of the hanging toiletry bag you are referring to that is constantly talked about on these boards. Ever since I have been on the boards, fellow DISers have mentioned to bring an over-the-door shoe holder. Basically works the same as what you mentioned. I personally have never used either one, but many have.

Thank you to everyone for the great tips, which will be so helpful for us!! This will be our first time on the Dream, although we sailed on the Wonder several years ago. One favorite from our previous cruise was the Pirate Party. A tip I have is to "dress up" like pirates to great or some extent on that evening. Many people go to dinner and the show dressed in their pirate garb to make the evening extra special. I've got great outfits all ready for my kids, and now I just have to figure out something for my husband and myself for our cruise in a few weeks.

This thread was so helpful to us on our recent (10/14-18) Dream cruise---I have to share a few more!

--Don't worry about a shoe organizer for the door. We lined ours up under the bed (lots of space under there), and this also helped them dry after wet excursions by the pool and on Castaway Cay.

--Speaking of Castaway Cay, plan ahead for what you will need there. (maybe make a list before you leave for your vacation and carry it with you). I had total cruise brain by our day there, and forgot nearly EVERYTHING (even the stuff I had already brought with us, such as sand toys.) It was still a super fun day. Watch for the cold towels as you walk back to the ship at the end of the day--so refreshing).

--Order room service for late afternoon snacks (particularly if you have late dining, like we did). This was wonderful---we enjoyed fruit and cheese out on our verandah every day.

--Participate in the deck parties. Our kids loved these fun, music-filled events, and they really set the tone for a fun stay on the ship.

--If you drink beer, buy a beer card at one of the bars. This enables you to get a lower price on a large serving of beer in a DCL frosted mug. At the end of the cruise, stop by any bar to turn in your card and pick up a clean mug to take home!

--If you don't like your table location on the first night of dinner in your restaurant, be sure to ask the Maitre'd to change your location. We asked, and were given several alternative locations to choose from!

Thanks again for the great tips in this thread---we followed so many of them, and they made our vacation! :cheer2:

Pigletsmom, There is a variation of the hanging toiletry bag you are referring to that is constantly talked about on these boards. Ever since I have been on the boards, fellow DISers have mentioned to bring an over-the-door shoe holder. Basically works the same as what you mentioned. I personally have never used either one, but many have.

Yes, the over-the-door shoe holders work great! Get the kind w/clear shoe holders and they keep toiletries, suntan lotion, hair products, brushes, hairbands, medicine, flip flops and just about anything! They fold up pretty nicely so they don't take up too much room in your suitcase.

We have 3 children and this was one of the best tips we rec'd before our first family cruise.

I joined these boards to say that this thread is amazing!

My family is going on its first disney cruise in december and you've all been a great help. I hope to return the favour when we return.

Hi All,
Great thread. We depart on Nov 4th and will post our suggestions as well.

Does anyone know if the Dream was damaged by hurricane Sandy? I saw a video on CNN that showed the Fantasy took some damage.

DisNut123 said:
Hi All,
Great thread. We depart on Nov 4th and will post our suggestions as well.

Does anyone know if the Dream was damaged by hurricane Sandy? I saw a video on CNN that showed the Fantasy took some damage.

I just got off the Dream this morning for the halloween cruise. If there was damage, they did a great job of hiding it. Other than sailing through the Gulf Stream Thursday night, smooth sailings all around.

We were on the Dream in January for a 3 night cruise. We are going again next Valentine's Day. We loved it but felt we missed a lot. For instance we never ordered room service. We never came across the info to do so. This time I will make a point of looking for it. I believe i read on this thread to tip $1 an item.. So like $4 for 4 Mickey Premium Bars? I do remember craving something sweet during the day but not finding anything other than soft serve ice cream so the cookies sound perfect as well.

We will skip Naussau this time. We were approached while walking near the straw market. The guy asked if he could marry one of our daughters (dd 10 & dd 15). Kind of freaked my kids out. So we have no problem enjoying more things on the ship.

We did hang laminated "green" Mickey heads that we had on fishing line (like a mobile) on our door. Though someone took it the first night?? So we took off the DVC magnet that was left for us. I hated for that to be taken too!

I haven't come across this question..do you tip on the table each morning that you eat breakfast in one of the main restaurants? We were unsure but did. I mean we of course left tips for our dinner servers, etc. (in fact left additional tips because they were so good) but in the morning you were seated wherever and it felt awkward but I never read anything about what is proper.

This trip I want to be more prepared!

We will skip Naussau this time. We were approached while walking near the straw market. The guy asked if he could marry one of our daughters (dd 10 & dd 15). Kind of freaked my kids out. So we have no problem enjoying more things on the ship.

We did hang laminated "green" Mickey heads that we had on fishing line (like a mobile) on our door. Though someone took it the first night?? So we took off the DVC magnet that was left for us. I hated for that to be taken too!

We will be skipping the stop in Nassau as well. No way I'm taking our small children there, for sure. Had occasion to go to Grand Bahama Island years ago on RCCL, and frankly, it was a dump. It was probably reasonably safe, at least as much as it could be. But I generally felt uneasy. Offered pot not long off the ship. Scammed at the market - the store owner (not so subtly) switched out the real Cuban cigar in the case that I was buying with a cheap, sandwich cigar. And what was I going to do about it? I'm in a foreign country and a taxi ride away from the ship, so I wasn't about to stir up trouble.

We'll be relaxing and enjoying the ship on Nassau day. I'm sure some of the excursions are very nice. I just wouldn't wander out on my own.

Regarding someone stealing the stuff off of your door. If it was just some kids screwing around, oh well. If it was an adult that said "Hmmm, I like that. I think I'll take this one right here." ... that's just classless.

We were on the Dream in January for a 3 night cruise. We are going again next Valentine's Day. We loved it but felt we missed a lot. For instance we never ordered room service. We never came across the info to do so. This time I will make a point of looking for it. I believe i read on this thread to tip $1 an item.. So like $4 for 4 Mickey Premium Bars? I do remember craving something sweet during the day but not finding anything other than soft serve ice cream so the cookies sound perfect as well.

I haven't come across this question..do you tip on the table each morning that you eat breakfast in one of the main restaurants? We were unsure but did. I mean we of course left tips for our dinner servers, etc. (in fact left additional tips because they were so good) but in the morning you were seated wherever and it felt awkward but I never read anything about what is proper.

This trip I want to be more prepared!

From everything I've read and what I experienced the tip at the end of the cruise is what covers all service for the main dining rooms and whether you are eating dinner in there or breakfast.

On our five day, we had two stops at CC and one in the Bahamas. I didn't get off at the Bahamas or the first time at CC; I spent the day playing goofy golf, had a massage, and swam in the adult pool. I enjoyed walking around the ship and not seeing it so crowded. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter