post partum depression

Erin1700

<font color=purple>At least I am bragging about us
Prayers needed so I can overcome this. I am scared and feel all alone.

I will pray overtime for you, as I had this, and it was horrible..:grouphug:

Please get help, it is an awful place to be, and there is lots of help out there. I waited almost a year, and regret that I did. My doctor prescribed something wonderful, and a great counselor to speak with...

There are so many women out there suffering, please don't. It is such a lonely place to be. For me it was an imbalance in hormones, and it was easily remedied. I am not a doctor by any means, but it may be that easy for you also...

Pm if you EVER need anything, even to chat...:hug: :flower3:

I will say lots of prayers. Please call your Dr. Mine prescribed something and I started feeling better not long after that. Please get a good support system in place. You can PM me if you need some support. I went through this when I had my daughter. I wanted to leave home and never come back. Luckily my DH and parents talked to me and made me call my Dr. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Becky

Hormones & sleep deprivation can do very scary things to your brain. Talk therapy can be very helpful, I would be very careful about meds. some can make you feel much worse, if your Dr. prescribes any type of anti deppressant, please be aware of any side effects & you should be monitored for at least two weeks. The first couple of months are always much harder than anything else. Just keep asking for help with the baby. don't ask..insist.:grouphug: . you are not alone:angel:

First and foremost.. big hugs coming your way and lots of prayers..

My daughter just had her first baby and I have been thinking about this for a while as one of her friends had it... So far, she seems ok, but he is in the hospital still and not home with her. I think it is that feeling of being alone and without help that just sometimes sends Mommy's into this depression along with all the hormonal changes.

My daughter noticed it in her friend and said you have to get some help. She did and it worked out well, counseling and some medication and she was good to go.. When her second child came, they knew she had this with her first so they were prepared to help her again....There is so much help out there now....

If you need to chat, come here, we are here for you. In the meantime, get some help from your family and friends....people want to help with a new baby, and of course help from your doctor. I cannot wait to get my hands on my new grandson when he comes home from the hospital..

Hugs again!!!!

:grouphug: I was there too. You are so not alone!

You did a fantastic thing by posting this. This is your first step. You will get by this, we all did.

Tell someone in your personal life, anyone. Make sure it is someone you trust who will do more than listen, who will do whatever you need.

You also have to call your doctor, even on the weekend! If you can not do this ask the person you tell to do this. Tell them you need to be seen now. Today.

Do not have one ounce of shame. Do not hesitate for one minute. Whether your route is therapy or med you will be great in the end. Have someone help with the baby now and put yourself on the top priority shelf.

PM me or any other poster who offered. We want to help. We want you on the quick road to where we know you need to and will be.....back to being you! The real you.

Kate
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

:grouphug: You have taken a great step talking about it. I hope you are talking with your doctor. Many women have had this so reach out and talk with them.

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I really appreciate it. My doctor has started me on meds but he said they take a while to work. I am hoping they will work soon.
My little boy is almost 4 months old, his name is Andy David. I also have a 6 year old daughter named Rachael who is quite a handful! PM me if you would like to see a picture of them.
Praying for brighter days and praying for all of you too. I would love to be able to talk with one of you sometime!
only 194 days till our next Disney trip...first time in a deluxe...GF!!! DH's way of saying thank you to me for having a new baby and all I am going thru! I cant wait to go but realized something was terribly wrong with me when I had no interest in planning dining! I always love this! Hopefully I can feel up to it soon.
Thanks again ladies!

Just one more Mom saying you're not alone. :) I had it too, not for long (a few months) but it was hard to deal with when I had no support at home.

I heard a lot of accusation and believed all of it. But looking back, there was nothing unusual about those feelings of being alone, exhuased and a little bit scared. If you feel that way, know that it's not unusual and you're still a terrific Mom. :)

Hugs! It's hard to get through, but you WILL get through it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!