Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

I did an overall Disney theme. Here are some Pictures of our food:

101 Dalmation Dogs
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd247/Silverbelle990/100_1568.jpg

Under the Sea Clam Sandwhiches
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd247/Silverbelle990/100_1567.jpg

POC Subs
100_1565.jpg

Ali Ba-Bwa Kabobs
100_1566.jpg

Alice in Wonderland Mushrooms
100_1571.jpg

Ice Cream Castle
100_1570.jpg

You are so talented !! I really love the castle !! Can you tell me how you made the mushrooms and the clam sandwiches ? :confused3

Walt's Waffles (Banana Whole Wheat recipe from Disney Co.)
http://www.austin360.com/food_drink/content/food_drink/stories/2008/03/0326kittyskeepers1.html
Here is the excuse I have always wanted so I can get myself a Mickey waffle maker!!!
Pooh Bear's Breakfast Potato Casserole (Crystal Palace recipe)
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/rec_cppot.htm
Lilo's Pineapple Bread (Ohanas recipe/Polynesian) Make night before!
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/rec_pb.htm
One of my most favorite souvenirs is a set of Mickey-shaped egg rings we use to make eggs and pancakes. Can purchase at most resort gift shops as well as the "kitchen shops" throughout the world.

Activity: Game Day!
Disney Scene-It!
(This is never a relaxed family game for us. Rather, we are cut-throat and determined to prove to each other that we are the Disney officianado in the family!)
Magic Kingdom Board Game
(We bought this a couple of years ago at our local Toys R Us. It is awesome for reminiscing about trips and rides. One of our favorites.)
Disney Clue/Haunted Mansion Board Games
(Don't have this one yet, but definitely is our next "family gift" for Christmas)

Any ideas for a World Showcase Country night??? I know we can recipes from the restaurants at EPCOT, so how about some country-specific activities/crafts/games? Share your heritage!
We need:
Mexico
Norway
China
Japan
England
Morocco
Canada
Is that it? My brain is very much malfunctioning today...

Here are a few from our Cinco de Mayo meal on Saturday. We've never celebrated it before, but Three Caballeros came out and we had a Mexico Donald from Epcot, so there was an excuse for a Disney party.

Not the greatest pictures, sorry.

DSC07419.jpg

DSC07441.jpg

DSC07428.jpg

DSC07423.jpg

DSC07426.jpg

DSC07420.jpg

A 99 cent bag served the purpose as a pinata for a less than two year old. She smacked at it, and I tossed down her goodies!

DSC07433.jpg

My kids made fun of my "ghetto" pinata, but I couldn't see spending almost twenty dollars on one at Brooklynn's age. When she's old enough to know what's going on, then I will. She was quite happy with her Nemo book, coloring book, goldfish crackers, and Little Einstein fruit chews.

Anyway, we had fun - watched Three Caballeros later (it was running anyway, we were all sort of in and out of the room doing different things) - and ate too much spicy food.

On Mother's Day, we'll celebrate the girls with a Princesses theme. I'm already preparing myself for the comments I will get from the guys about the finger sandwiches.

MeMom - another wonderful idea and great pictures! We will title this one as "Mexico: Cinco De Mayo with the Caballeros"! Love these! Please keep them coming!

What about a Great Big Beautiful Carosel of Progress Party!

Attraction - Carosel of Progress!

Menu - Food choices from each time period from the ride! Buffet style (like going through the time!)

Activities - Era-specific games and trivia!

I'm sorry it's not more specific I can't remember what each eras are represented but hopefully someone finds this idea fun and if you have this party please post!!! :)

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!

Okay so this is my 2nd time reading the thread and i am soo excited. Tonight i am going ot suprise my husband and my 2 year old son and we are going to have a Disney Night. I am making mashed potatoes ( putting them to make a circle) then i bought chicken cruquets (the ears). I am going to make mickey mouse heads with construction paper and its going to read " Disney Night" I am going to try and get creative with a few more ideas in the next 2 hours :lmao: I went out and bought a popcorn bucket (im going to put disney stickers all over it) And i bought the candy boxes you would buy at a movie theater. We are actually going to watch the video we have from 4 years ago when me and dh went to disney. I figured it might get him and my son excited. Then im going to tell them all about our disney theme nights we are going to start having. I hope they are both excited. I will take some pictures. But i dont know how to post them haha. Wish me luck:)

Good Luck Belle231! I'm so glad to see you enjoying the thread! Isn't everyone super creative?? I have not personally figured it out yet, but I do know that you can get a free account at photobucket and use that to post your photos. If you can do it, I would LOVE to see your photos!

LOVE the Carousel of Progress idea (hmmm...wonder why?? Can't tell how much I like that one from my siggy, huh?!) Anyone have any suggestions? Yesterday I just heard the whole attraction on Live365, it was so cool!

okay so it def didnt turn out the way i had hopped but it was still fun. I suprised my husband pretty good and he seemed to enjoy it but said he couldnt really get crazy excited like i am :confused3 i completly understand i am just too excited to go to disney again:banana: . My son had alot of fun he thought it was a birthday party the whole time. I ended up taking an old table cloth and using permanet marker and putting mickey heads all over it for our table cloth. I bought balloons and put all my sons mickey mouse stuff animals around the table. I set the living room up like a movie theater popcorn:: and the kitchen i set up displaying all 40 disney movies so my husband could walk around and pick one. ( i wanted him to get involved) I bought a popcorn bowl at the dollar store and decorated it with mickey stickers. We watched the disney movie from when we went a few years ago and both my boys where really into it. I got sick :sad1: and we ended up not getting to watch our other movie but my husband said we would finish our fun night. :banana:

Here are a few pictures from our Mother's Day Princess meal.

DSC07496.jpg

DSC07497-1.jpg

DSC07498.jpg

DSC07499.jpg

It was just meant to be a light meal as Jill, John, and Brooklynn stopped through for a few hours as they traveled back home to Alabama from Kentucky, so it's not much. Just thought I'd share.

Our next Disney meal will likely be a Pop Century party in June as we get ready to take off on our next trip.

MeMom,
I just love your idea of a Princess Mother's Day Tea. How creative! Did you have real tea or did you substitue with juice or milk? (I can't get DD6 to go near a "real cuppa"!) I will add this to the index!

We did a little Toy Story Mania theme for a meal recently, in anticipation of getting to ride it on our upcoming trip. I thought I'd share with you guys.

DSC07526.jpg

Wait! Move the cakes and make way for the hot dogs, chicken fingers, and fries.

DSC07530.jpg

DSC07525.jpg

DSC07524.jpg

Disney parties make us happy, so even the fries were smilin'!

DSC07533.jpg

We watched Toy Story 2 and played Disney Pixar Monopoly.

Right now, we're counting down with this:

DSC07619.jpg

Brooklynn pulls off a Mickey head to reveal a picture from one of our past trips.

As you can see, we're getting close!

That is SOOOOO CUTE MeMom!!!! I love :love: your ideas!
We're planning a Toy Story night soon so thanks for the inspiration!

I also loved your countdown calendar! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

MeMom, LOVE LOVE LOVE the Toy Story Mania night!!! My son would go nuts, he says he is going to grow up to be Buzz. I can't tell you how much we love seeing your pictues.

That is the best countdown calendar I've seen! How cool!

Thanks for breathing new life to the thread!

Movie - Chronicles of Narnia

Menu - Beaver Dam Beef Stew (see recipe below)
Pevensie Children Rolls
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1941,155171-244205,00.html
White Witch Turkish Delight
http://life.familyeducation.com/foods/recipes/36500.html

Activities - White Witch Freeze Tag
Make a snowglobe! (Use clean baby food jars, hot glue a small plastic toy to the inside of a baby food jar lid. Sprinkle a liberal amount of glitter in jar for "snow", then fill with water or mineral oil. Mineral oil is best as it allows the snow to "drift and float" down. Screw on jar lid and seal with some bathroom or shower acrylic sealant, it's waterproof. Enjoy your own snowy Narnian scene!)

Beaver Dam Beef Stew Recipe
1-1 1/2# round steak
4-5 large potatoes
1# carrots
1 med onion
salt & pepper to taste
garlic
Large can V8 juice

Cut round steak, potatoes, and carrots into bite sized pieces. Cut up onion. Combine all ingredients and cook at 350 for one hour.

How many of you out there have tried a theme family night from this thread? Have any of you adopted this as a regular family event?

Any ideas for future family night themes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter