Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I qualified for A-List. . .what does this mean exactly?? From what I understand, I get to board sooner. So when I do check-in 24 hours prior, do I still get a boarding number? Do I need to enter anything anywhere to get this perk?

In the future, you can call and link your reservations (so that you are changed together).

For this flight, I'd (kindly and without expectation) ask if the person in the aisle beside the one of you with the middle seat would move to the aisle seat that you have (hopefully the aisle seat is in front or very nearby) the middle seat. They might be flying with the person in the other aisle seat (or be particular about the row that they sit in), but otherwise would likely be willing to move. The person in the window might prefer your aisle seat to their window, but better to try a like-for-like trade first.
We didn't bother to even try. Apparently American had shifted everyone around, it seemed there were a lot of split up groups. Plus we had a 5 hour delay in Miami on our way there and a 15 hour delay in Charlotte on our way home. Really hating American right now. Have contacted them about a hotel reimbursement but they are really busy right now with many of these issues! Definitely prefer Southwest.

Opinions requested...

Due to the possibility of a pilot's strike, would you book a refundable flight on American or Delta for a flight in October as a backup? Right now, the one-way fare for a refundable flight is between $180-$230, but the flights are scheduled to depart before the SW flight we are booked on. The SW flight departs at 7:55am and the "backups" are scheduled for times between 5:30 and 6:45am. Would we even know if the SW flight would be cancelled before we would have to cancel the backup plans? There are a few, slightly more expensive, backup options that depart later which would also work.

Opinions requested...

Due to the possibility of a pilot's strike, would you book a refundable flight on American or Delta for a flight in October as a backup? Right now, the one-way fare for a refundable flight is between $180-$230, but the flights are scheduled to depart before the SW flight we are booked on. The SW flight departs at 7:55am and the "backups" are scheduled for times between 5:30 and 6:45am. Would we even know if the SW flight would be cancelled before we would have to cancel the backup plans? There are a few, slightly more expensive, backup options that depart later which would also work.
Personally, I wouldn't book a back up because there's no way this actually goes to a strike. There are so many steps between strike authorization vote and negotiations having broken down enough for a strike to occur and the president can intervene to keep air travel moving.

That said, it's also true that you would know well before heading to the airport if a strike were going to impact your flight. In the extremely unlikely chance that SW strikes, you would know in enough time to take the backup flight earlier that day. Since it's fully refundable and you presumably don't mind being out that cash for the summer, you can certainly book it for your peace of mind. (Although, those pilots are union too and I don't know that they'd cross a SW picket line to enter the airport. Truly, any airline strike would be so disruptive to travel that everyone is going to do what needs to be done to keep it from actually happening.)

Personally, I wouldn't book a back up because there's no way this actually goes to a strike. There are so many steps between strike authorization vote and negotiations having broken down enough for a strike to occur and the president can intervene to keep air travel moving.

That said, it's also true that you would know well before heading to the airport if a strike were going to impact your flight. In the extremely unlikely chance that SW strikes, you would know in enough time to take the backup flight earlier that day. Since it's fully refundable and you presumably don't mind being out that cash for the summer, you can certainly book it for your peace of mind. (Although, those pilots are union too and I don't know that they'd cross a SW picket line to enter the airport. Truly, any airline strike would be so disruptive to travel that everyone is going to do what needs to be done to keep it from actually happening.)
That's exactly the info I wanted to hear. I am a bit paranoid and I like to have backup plans for my backup plans :rotfl: .

There's a post that lists the drop times for the last bunch of schedule releases but I can't find my bookmark.. anyone else have it?

Here's the release date info from March:

Release Date | Time (eastern)
03/09/23 | 7:10am
02/09/23 | 7:15am
12/15/22 | 7:15am
10/27/22 | 7:25am
09/08/22 | 7:25am
07/21/22 | 7:20am
06/16/22 | 7:30am
03/30/22 | 7:30am
12/16/21 | 7:50am
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am

I want to book a flight tomorrow for a short WDW weekend visit in December, but I don’t have a trip booked yet. DVC is pretty full in Dec. I’m torn on what to do. I may just book some kind of flight and hope some DVC dates become available soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter