Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Thanks! I checked earlier today, and they were the same price. I just checked again now, and they've dropped. Is it too early to buy for September? Should I just bite the bullet?

We have already bought for September for our trip. I bought on release day. And ours have only gone higher. If yours have dropped, I personally would consider it.

Last year, I also bought on release day for our Sept/Oct trip, and the flights were never cheaper than what we bought on that first day. They only went up. I think it depends on where you are flying out of. For us, the cheapest is $151 each per flight, and incredibly the nonstop was the cheapest which was what we wanted anyways. This price was cheaper than last years, so I had no hesitation on booking right away. I would say, if it's a price you can live with, book it!

I wish we had an airport near us that flew southwest that offered some of the prices I see people booking on here! I wish we could get ours so cheap, but I think it really depends on your airport.

I agree, If you have plans made in advance it is usually best to buy tickets early for the best price if it is a price you can live with. It seems they mostly increase in prices.

My prices on flights seem on the lower side. I think this is because I am flying on off days: Saturday and Tuesday.

my flight prices for june have fluctuated between $69 and $377! They keep going up and down like a yo-yo I missed opening but prices just kept going up so I panicked and booked. we are up to a $98 credit for each person in our party of 5. Thats a ton of money wasted, not sure we will travel again within the next year.

my flight prices for june have fluctuated between $69 and $377! They keep going up and down like a yo-yo I missed opening but prices just kept going up so I panicked and booked. we are up to a $98 credit for each person in our party of 5. Thats a ton of money wasted, not sure we will travel again within the next year.

I wonder if that is SW's new strategy. Get people to pay inflated prices, and then lower prices to lock people into flying SW on their next price through these credits.

I wonder if that is SW's new strategy. Get people to pay inflated prices, and then lower prices to lock people into flying SW on their next price through these credits.

It's never been at it's cheapest for me on opening day. I always wait it out

The thing to remember is that there is no truly global strategy in play here. The pricing patterns are dependent on the city pairings, time of year, holidays, events in those cities on those dates, booking volume after release, promotions (both announced and hidden), and a whole bunch of other factors. People try to post anecdotal evidence as gospel and it's just not applicable to somebody with even one difference in those variables. I'm very well versed in how Southwest prices flights to Orlando from Pittsburgh in Jan/Feb and Oct/Nov (see my signature) but that knowledge means nothing to somebody traveling from Chicago to Orlando in July. Heck my knowledge probably means nothing to somebody traveling from Pittsburgh to Orlando in March (just the difference of one month).

That being said - In tracking hundreds of Southwest flights (and watching them daily from release to my travel date) I'd say they are typically cheapest about 6-8 weeks ahead of the flight. This evidence is based on leisure and business travel over the last decade. BUT based on my earlier statement...that comment MEANS NOTHING because if your situation is different than mine your outcome will also be entirely different, lol!

Wish Southwest had more non stop flights from Philadelphia to Orlando. Not happy with their changes.

Wish Southwest had more non stop flights from Philadelphia to Orlando. Not happy with their changes.

I agree! They went down to one nonstop flight in the middle of the afternoon both there and back! We loved flying out first thing in the morning and coming home late in the evening. It looks like those days may be over :worried:.

I'm really bummed flights from Austin are so high for early Nov. $340/pp! Hoping they'll come down a bit. I have a $76 credit to use, but even with that, it's too high. I think I paid under $200/pp last November.

Probably a silly question, but I have only flown once and only had a carry-on, then. We have Magical Express tags to put on our checked luggage. I received an email about "self tagging" for our flight with SW. So do we print another tag to put on our checked bags at the airport plus the ME tag?

Probably a silly question, but I have only flown once and only had a carry-on, then. We have Magical Express tags to put on our checked luggage. I received an email about "self tagging" for our flight with SW. So do we print another tag to put on our checked bags at the airport plus the ME tag?
Yes - you will need the official airport tag to get the bag to MCO (Orlando airport) and the ME tag to send them on to your resort.

I have been checking the SW website almost daily :coffee: since I bought our tickets for our October trip on the day SW released them. They have fluctuated up and down over $100 per ticket. It is crazy. They have not gone down to the $133 per ticket I paid; the closest I have seen is $156. But right now they are $231 which they have been before for a day or so and then they go back down. It just doesn't seem right :confused3

I have been checking the SW website almost daily :coffee: since I bought our tickets for our October trip on the day SW released them. They have fluctuated up and down over $100 per ticket. It is crazy. They have not gone down to the $133 per ticket I paid; the closest I have seen is $156. But right now they are $231 which they have been before for a day or so and then they go back down. It just doesn't seem right :confused3

I've also been checking SW daily for our October trip and our flights have not gone down at all either. In fact, they are listed as "Sold Out," which I understand is not the entire flight sold out, but just tickets at those prices. It's crazy. Still hoping prices will go down in June when SW has their "sale."

I've also been checking SW daily for our October trip and our flights have not gone down at all either. In fact, they are listed as "Sold Out," which I understand is not the entire flight sold out, but just tickets at those prices. It's crazy. Still hoping prices will go down in June when SW has their "sale."

Last year the Oct flights were crazy! I ended up changing my arrival day 1 day earlier for a price I could live with and then extended my stay for a price I could live with. But I didn't get them bought till mid to late summer as they were high constantly and they when they went lower it was like for an hour and then went right back up.

Is there a limit to how many times you can change your tickets? My return flight has decreased again to $109 but when I try to change it online for a credit it says "flight cannot be changed online, please call Southwest".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter