Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I've got kids who will have to go to school the next day; so I want the 10 am flight in case we get delayed. We do better overall if we have morning flights.
Oh yes - that makes sense! I did ask DH if he wanted to take the 8:45pm direct flight home since it was later than our 10:20am, but he said "NOPE, too late, since its a work night!"
HA!

chicken...:squirrel:....ok - all they had was a squirrel emoji!

1. If I want to book a revenue flight for me (and CP for DH) but want to use points for my kids do I have to make separate reservations or can I do it all together?
2. If it has to be separately is there a way to link the reservations for if/when I earn A list status? Or even just for regular check in purposes

Non-stops are direct. They are all one flight number and you don't have to change planes anywhere. All non-stops are direct but not all directs are non-stops.
Non-stop flights are not the same as direct flights by definition. That's why booking sites have the option to filter your choices if you want to only look at non-stop flights. This is why I don't book Delta out of Rhode island since they only offer direct flights out of Providence. If I want non-stop, I would have to fly out of Boston.

Non-stop flights are not the same as direct flights by definition. That's why booking sites have the option to filter your choices if you want to only look at non-stop flights. This is why I don't book Delta out of Rhode island since they only offer direct flights out of Providence. If I want non-stop, I would have to fly out of Boston.
A non-stop is a direct flight by definition. The definition of a direct flight is one that uses a single flight number to go from one place to another and does not require a plane change and may include other stops. A non-stop is a subset of a direct flight.

A non-stop is a direct flight by definition. The definition of a direct flight is one that uses a single flight number to go from one place to another and does not require a plane change and may include other stops. A non-stop is a subset of a direct flight.
I understand what you're saying but to the original poster I was posting to, I was correct also. My answer is based on booking and it is good to know the difference between the 2 when booking it.

The BIG announcement for June 15 (part of the 50th birthday celebration) is a sale running from mid-September until first week of November. There are heavily discounted cash fares, subject to availability. If points fares have been discounted, as well, it's not readily apparent. The fares have already been loaded and are available for booking now! You will see the "normal" cash fare, as well as the discounted fare, during your search. If you can book now, I suggest doing so, while availability is the best and before the site crashes, due to demand.

For those who bought Southwest gift cards on June 11, now is the time to use them, for double savings.

You can also change existing flights to the new lower fares, if applicable.

Oh man, I hope they do it for points too!

Checking quite a few points bookings, against the BIG sale fares, all were at increased costs over existing; so, it looks like only cash fares are discounted. Reminder to those who are able to modify cash bookings for savings, any savings go into your travel funds, which must be used for travel completed within one year, from date of original booking. If you use more than one credit from your travel funds on a new reservation, all travel funds used on that booking will inherit the oldest expiration date.

I just rebooked my October flight. Since I’m not planning on a trip next year, I opted to rebook and get Business Select for our one way flights to Orlando. And I still ended up with a credit, which I may or may not be able to use next year.

So question about the Fly By lane? I’m not familiar with it since I’ve never flown Business Select. What is this perk?

Also, it’s too bad that this isn’t on points flights. Our one way flight back from Orlando to BWI was booked on points and there’s no savings there. Oh well.

I just rebooked my October flight. Since I’m not planning on a trip next year, I opted to rebook and get Business Select for our one way flights to Orlando. And I still ended up with a credit, which I may or may not be able to use next year.

So question about the Fly By lane? I’m not familiar with it since I’ve never flown Business Select. What is this perk?

What is a Fly By Lane?
Fly By Lanes are priority check-in and security lanes that give Business Select™ Customers and Members of the Rapid Rewards® A-List direct access to the front of the ticket counter and security checkpoints at select airports. Less time in line means you can spend more time doing what you want before your flight. Note: MCO does not have Fly By Security

Who can use Fly By Priority Lanes?
Only Customers who purchase a Business Select Fare and Rapid Rewards A-List, and A-List Preferred Members are eligible to use the Fly By Lanes. Customers who wish to upgrade to Business Select may do so through the Fly By Priority Check-in Lanes at the ticket counter; however, family members or other Customers traveling with Business Select Customers, A-List Members, or A-List Preferred Members are not allowed to piggyback with Fly By-eligible Customers.

How will I know which lane to enter?
The Fly By Priority Check-in Lane will be set off by silver lane belts. Gold and silver signs and carpet will also help distinguish the lane in most locations.
Gold and silver Fly By signs or the Fly By logo will direct you to the priority security lanes.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that you will be assigned a boarding number between A-1 and A-15; however, you still need to check-in at T-24 to get your boarding number, so the earlier you check-in, the lower the boarding number.

So, the Fly By lane helps get through security faster? Am I understanding that correctly? I know I’ll still have to go through the regular security procedures, but we’ll enter a quicker line to speed up the process?

And thanks for the tip about checkin. That was the main reason I opted for this upgrade, the guaranteed A-1 to A-15.

So, the Fly By lane helps get through security faster? Am I understanding that correctly? I know I’ll still have to go through the regular security procedures, but we’ll enter a quicker line to speed up the process?

I have never used the Fly By Lane, as I have PreCheck, but it looks like it gets you through security faster, when showing your BS boarding pass. I would ask when checking in at the counter, unless someone here can offer further info.

List of airports with Fly By Security

The BIG announcement for June 15 (part of the 50th birthday celebration) is a sale running from mid-September until first week of November. There are heavily discounted cash fares, subject to availability. If points fares have been discounted, as well, it's not readily apparent. The fares have already been loaded and are available for booking now! You will see the "normal" cash fare, as well as the discounted fare, during your search. If you can book now, I suggest doing so, while availability is the best and before the site crashes, due to demand.

For those who bought Southwest gift cards on June 11, now is the time to use them, for double savings.
Thank you for posting this! I went to check my flights and I was able to switch to nonstop flight they added AND I got $575 back as a credit

I just got R/T flight BWI/MCO for $116!!! Thank you!!!

Use promotion code SAVE50 from 6/15-6/17 for travel 9/15-11/3/21. If you booked on points check and double check. If we had paid cash we would have saved. With points, our fares increased significantly.

Use promotion code SAVE50 from 6/15-6/17 for travel 9/15-11/3/21. If you booked on points check and double check. If we had paid cash we would have saved. With points, our fares increased significantly.
Is there a way to use the promo code when doing a change flight on points or do you have to cancel the old reservation and make new one?

Checked in today (well technically we are early bird). We have separated boarding positions by a few numbers. Weird since purchased tickets together. Oh well, I will give up my closer one to move back with the kid to board. There are clearly a lot more A list on this flight as I assume most purchases wanna get away since that fare is still available. We bought tickets as soon as they went on sale and got late A. Luckily they are still A. Once my kid got A 60 and I got B 1. Not worried as I can buy 8 tickets for wanna get away fare now if I wanted to so I know the flight isn’t full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter