Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Holy moly! I’ve been watching flights for late April and not only are they changing/consolidating times but the prices have skyrocketed- at least for return flights!!! I might have to rethink my next 2 trips :(

ETA - I’ve been looking several times a day and this literally just happened
We have a res. for mid April and I keep putting off booking tickets. These prices + full planes may help us to decide to cancel alltogether.

My late April flights were just changed. We're now arriving 2 hours earlier & leaving 3 hours later which is fine. Is this probably because the flights are getting full? We paid $141 each way & now prices are over $400.

My late April flights were just changed. We're now arriving 2 hours earlier & leaving 3 hours later which is fine. Is this probably because the flights are getting full? We paid $141 each way & now prices are over $400.
Southwest's goal is to fly planes as full as possible. These changes often result in the consolidation of flights (i.e. they take 3 flights and consolidate them into 2). So that's a long way to say yes - that's likely what's occurring with your flights.

Yikes. I wish I already booked. But it’s not even that. Looking a week or two past our original dates the flights are rediculous with not one lower priced option. Boo.

Holy moly! I’ve been watching flights for late April and not only are they changing/consolidating times but the prices have skyrocketed- at least for return flights!!! I might have to rethink my next 2 trips :(

ETA - I’ve been looking several times a day and this literally just happened
Mine too for 5/8. I stalk it daily just to check prices (already booked) and about 6:30pm they sent me an email they moved my flight 30 minutes earlier but more importantly the price went from hovering around $110 to $350+ for all options on all days around it. Crazy! Maybe it’s a fluke and they will come back down. It was just $83 a couple days ago and $110 this morning.

Not sure it’s a fluke. I hope so. Our departing flight that I’ve been watching went from $59 to almost $400 while I went to cook some chicken nuggets!!! Worried about the future of our travel...

Southwest has posted a "Return to service" date of 03/11/2021 for placing the 737 MAX back into their fleet. If you are concerned about flying on the 737 MAX, you may want to check the aircraft scheduled to operate on your flights. The aircraft will show up when opening up the "Details" section of your confirmed reservation on the website or by searching for new flights on the website. Reminder - the 737-800 is not the same as the 737 MAX.

I believe that Southwest previously stated that they will work with customers on previously-booked travel not originally scheduled to operate with the 737 MAX, who are concerned that their flight was subsequently changed to the MAX. Of course, there always is the disclaimer that the aircraft can be changed at any time, due to weather, mechanical, or scheduling issues.

Quote from Southwest CEO Gary Kelly:

It will have been one year since the 737 MAX was pulled from service. Southwest is planning on taking delivery of 35 new 737 MAX aircraft through the end of this year.
Is the Boeing 737-700 a Boeing Max? That's what we've been switched to

Not sure it’s a fluke. I hope so. Our departing flight that I’ve been watching went from $59 to almost $400 while I went to cook some chicken nuggets!!! Worried about the future of our travel...

Holy crap you had $59 and didn't jump on that?! I haven't seen that price since 2005. Hope it comes back down for you.

We purchased flights for end of April at $49. That was last month. Got an email about flights being changed. Not a big deal, just leaving an hour earlier. I was curious so searched for same flights to see what options/prices. They are now over $500. So crazy.

Yeah, I'm seeing this on our BWI-MCO flight the end of April. Thankfullly our flight out wasn't cancelled, but I think it did get consolidated to one of the 2 current early non-stops (went from 6:15 departure to 6:45), from what looked to be 3 or 4 early flights that morning

Still waiting to see what it does for the return trip, which is a week and a half later (in May)

Yes. Crazy. I was waiting to make sure DH and work would be ok plus the emails kept saying sale thru 2/28 or something like that. Now we may just not go or try a different airline but even still it’s much more than I’m willing to pay

I decided to buy a few shares of LUV a few weeks ago. All of these consolidations and price hikes have me glad I did that, and glad I've already purchased all of my planned flights through August. I just wish I had bought more shares, it's up over 25% in just a few weeks.

Just had both my nonstop flight to MCO changed to one with a long layover AND my flight from MCO back home moved three hours earlier. 😞This does not work for our family. We used travel funds to ‘pay’ for most of the flight and paid out of pocket for some. The travel funds would have been expired soon but had the September 2022 expiration date due to a COVID cancellation last year. If we cancel these flights due to Southwest’s changes to them, what happens to those travel funds? Do we lose out?
TIA!!!!!

For those who are unhappy about a charge in a departure time for an upcoming flight, how about this change made by Southwest?

• The original itinerary had a connection in ATL on the way to the final destination of MCO
  • The revised itinerary as concocted by Southwest has the trip originating in ATL on a nonstop to final destination of MCO
To top it off, travel switched to the 737 MAX. Does this seem like some kind of a sign? :rolleyes1

High fare mystery solved. They are updating the system. This includes many changes in schedules and assignment of 737 MAX to flights. WGA fares should again be available 02/25/2021 (normal lower fares).

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 10.30.53 PM.png

Last edited:
So changed my return flight from Sat 4/24 to Sun 4/25 and added an additional day to my resort reservation after my original flight was cancelled and I was moved to a later flight...then last night I got the email that my return flight on Sun 4/25 to BWI was changed. So now trying to decide whether to just come back on the flight they changed me to on Sunday or go change back to same fight on Sat and cancel extra day I added to reservation. Anyone have any idea whether plane would be less crowded on Sat vs Sunday???

It seems like it is time for the reminder of what types of planes Southwest flies.

WN or Southwest Airlines flies three different variants of the Boeing 737.
They are:
737-700
737-800 or 738
737 Max

Each of these are a completely separate versions.

My ORD-DAL flight in April just got changed, the flight number is different, everything else is the same.

Just had both my nonstop flight to MCO changed to one with a long layover AND my flight from MCO back home moved three hours earlier. 😞This does not work for our family. We used travel funds to ‘pay’ for most of the flight and paid out of pocket for some. The travel funds would have been expired soon but had the September 2022 expiration date due to a COVID cancellation last year. If we cancel these flights due to Southwest’s changes to them, what happens to those travel funds? Do we lose out?
TIA!!!!!
We had a similar situation and they restored the finds but kept the expiry date. We called to get it handled, as I wasn’t sure what would happen if I tried to cancel online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!