Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I've got 200,000 SkyPesos, but then I have to pay for a bag. I'll see how much SW wants and at what times.

If that was a flight I was scheduled on, I couldn't have been happier to be the last on the plane or even moved to another flight if they needed me to. A flight like that quickly puts life into perspective!!

I will say friends were once travelling home and were on a flight with a wheelchair basketball team. Due to the weight of the chairs their luggage needed to be sent on a separate flight the next day. This friend and I have a fun tradition of bringing chocolate to each other when we travel. His wife laughed when he looked at her mid-flight and said, 'We don't have any luggage but, we have 'scrappintinontario's' chocolate in our carry-on! :) Glad he knew to bring what was important! :rotfl2:
I hope people aren't thinking I'm angry about this or that I would want to go ahead of the children. No way! I'm happy they are able to make the trip and gladly waited. I was just recounting what happened since there had been an instance where being in A group can still put you on last even though it's very rare.

How often is SW changing/consolidating flights? They just consolidated both our flights for end of April/beginning of May. I changed my return flight to a nonstop because they changed it to a connecting way out of the way that added quite a few hours. I guess I am getting nervous that they may do more consolidating. Should I be too worried?

How often is SW changing/consolidating flights? They just consolidated both our flights for end of April/beginning of May. I changed my return flight to a nonstop because they changed it to a connecting way out of the way that added quite a few hours. I guess I am getting nervous that they may do more consolidating. Should I be too worried?
SW Is changing and consolidating flights often. Many flights are flying full after flight consolidation. As you’re not flying for 2 months I would be prepared for more flight changes and quite likely more than once. Until you are sitting on your flight there is a possibility right now it will be changed.

Our Southwest flights we have reserved for April 2021 (spring break) for 6 people have changed multiple times (at least 4 times so far, that I can remember). I am grateful to this thread helping us get ahead of the changes. It is difficult for us to get 6 reservations to stick together during the peak dates that we are flying. One of our flights went from non-stop to a layover then a non-stop and then to an additional later non-stop that was added once they overbooked the first one (and only some of us were moved). Keep an eye on your flights!

Also, just saw this on the Southwest website:
We are currently accepting air reservations through August 16, 2021.
On April 22, 2021 we will open our schedule for sale through November 6, 2021. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently

Also, just saw this on the Southwest website:
We are currently accepting air reservations through August 16, 2021.
On April 22, 2021 we will open our schedule for sale through November 6, 2021. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently
Thanks for the intel!

We are departing November 5th and returning November 12th. I just saw that they will open up flights through November 6th on April 22nd. Can I still book our departure flight on the 22nd and then our return flight once it becomes available? How does that work? I've never had that happen before while booking flights

We are departing November 5th and returning November 12th. I just saw that they will open up flights through November 6th on April 22nd. Can I still book our departure flight on the 22nd and then our return flight once it becomes available? How does that work? I've never had that happen before while booking flights

Yes, absolutely! I can't even remember the last time I booked an actual round-trip on SW. We like to have the flexibility to change stuff anyway. No problem for you to book your outbound and then your return later on. Have fun planning!

Yes, absolutely! I can't even remember the last time I booked an actual round-trip on SW. We like to have the flexibility to change stuff anyway. No problem for you to book your outbound and then your return later on. Have fun planning!

So you just book 2 one way flights?

Southwest has a sale with fares starting at $29 (extremely limited routes qualify for $29 fare). Randomly searching, I did manage to find availability LAS-RNO @ $29 each way, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Most routes still price in normal range of fares - not at $29. The $29 fare must be booked by 03/04/2021.

The $29 fare = 1058 RR points. Combine that with CP, and that is really a steal!

The easiest and quickest way to check is with the Low Fare Calendar.

Last edited:
Southwest is at it again. Check your April thru early May reservations for flight changes. This also is the time to take advantage of no change in fare for switching to another flight or date within a 30 day change window, if the "You may change your trip date/time at no additional cost if you stay inside the restrictions below" banner appears for your itinerary.

Southwest is at it again. Check your April thru early May reservations for flight changes. This also is the time to take advantage of no change in fare for switching to another flight or date within a 30 day change window, if the "You may change your trip date/time at no additional cost if you stay inside the restrictions below" banner appears for your itinerary.

Yes. Unfortunately that works both ways I had paid extra and changed my flight then several hours later I got the email from SWA changing my flight back to the flight I had to begin with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter