Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Am I missing something? We usually fly Sunday and Saturday, and I am looking at S.W. flights for April 18 and 24 (our res. dates) from Providence and find them extremely high (or fully booked) compared to the weeks before and after this.
Is something going on that week I'm unaware of? Thanks!

Am I missing something? We usually fly Sunday and Saturday, and I am looking at S.W. flights for April 18 and 24 (our res. dates) from Providence and find them extremely high (or fully booked) compared to the weeks before and after this.

Patriots Day holiday & Massachusetts school vacation week

It's school vacation week in Rhode Island.

Southwest has published a long list of cities which may have flights impacted this week by Winter Storm Viola. That can mean delayed or cancelled flights to/from certain cities. Even if your flights are not affected, but your city is listed, Southwest will allow a onetime change to your flights, within 14 days of the original travel date, subject to availability. Southwest is known for sometimes cancelling flights proactively, at times when bad weather is expected.

List of cities possibly impacted:
https://www.southwest.com/html/advi...nhvVa810-yr4owLYErG--I_ZjR8rdiFWSMZUeILM8EWpQ

Like others said- it's the entire NE area school vacation week. Flights were released awhile ago and they only rise during that week (hardly ever go down). Compared to years past, they were higher than normal (on release day)

This is only partially correct. If you purchase EBCI at the point of initial ticket purchase then everyone on the reservation must buy it. However if you buy it after the fact (tickets already purchased) then you can buy EBCI for individual passengers.
I couldn’t figure out how

Does anyone know if the person's points I used to book the trip, has to be the one to do the 24 hour check in? (Have to check in for our Saturday flight and have no idea which kids account I used to book the flight!)

Southwest has posted a "Return to service" date of 03/11/2021 for placing the 737 MAX back into their fleet. If you are concerned about flying on the 737 MAX, you may want to check the aircraft scheduled to operate on your flights. The aircraft will show up when opening up the "Details" section of your confirmed reservation on the website or by searching for new flights on the website. Reminder - the 737-800 is not the same as the 737 MAX.

I believe that Southwest previously stated that they will work with customers on previously-booked travel not originally scheduled to operate with the 737 MAX, who are concerned that their flight was subsequently changed to the MAX. Of course, there always is the disclaimer that the aircraft can be changed at any time, due to weather, mechanical, or scheduling issues.

Quote from Southwest CEO Gary Kelly:
"I recently had the opportunity to fly on one of our MAX operational readiness flights, which only reaffirmed my supreme confidence in Southwest's ability to operate the MAX safely. I am very proud of our many teams who are working diligently to prepare us for returning the MAX to revenue service on March 11, 2021, once all FAA requirements are met and all active pilots have received updated MAX-related training."

It will have been one year since the 737 MAX was pulled from service. Southwest is planning on taking delivery of 35 new 737 MAX aircraft through the end of this year.

How early is everyone getting to the airport for their SW flights. I know it's a pretty universal situation but I am hearing two different opinions on the matter. And I just wanted to double check, you NEED to be at the gate 30 minutes or more prior due to boarding group calling correct?

How early is everyone getting to the airport for their SW flights. I know it's a pretty universal situation but I am hearing two different opinions on the matter. And I just wanted to double check, you NEED to be at the gate 30 minutes or more prior due to boarding group calling correct?
Boarding begins about 30 minutes before the flight time. If you're in A group you should be there. If you're in C, you'll have a few more minutes to wait.

Need? I'm not sure you NEED to be there 30 minutes prior....aside from any formal or published recommendations...how would they know if you were there 15 minutes or 45 minutes before? I walk the concourse before boarding so I'm usually not there until a few min before they call my boarding group. I think it might be a comfort level type thing for folks, different people will be more comfortable than others not walking up until just before.

Boarding begins about 30 minutes before the flight time. If you're in A group you should be there. If you're in C, you'll have a few more minutes to wait.

Thank you! Has anyone used the early bird check-in? I am wondering if it really helps. Too late now but just curious.

Just curious, is there any rhyme or reason for SWs pricing changes? I purchased our flights about a week after they went on sale. About 2 months or so ago, I was able to get them MUCH cheaper, like $103 (originally around 200 each). Now that flight is $348. Just wondering why such fluctuation for the same flight, and really, really glad I follow this thread and watch the prices regularly

Thank you! Has anyone used the early bird check-in? I am wondering if it really helps. Too late now but just curious.
I always get early bird check-in for going to and from Orlando. I especially like not having to worry about checking in while on vacation. I've always gotten A group but I also usually book as soon as I can for a trip.

I always get early bird check-in for going to and from Orlando. I especially like not having to worry about checking in while on vacation. I've always gotten A group but I also usually book as soon as I can for a trip.
I can't remember, does it go by when you booked the flight or when you bought EBCI?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter