Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Woot Woot!! Got em!!! $94 each way direct from Buffalo to/from Orlando! Great times also.

VERY happy!!!

I‘m from Buffalo & I’m happy they kept the nonstops each way. I left the house about 8:15 & didn’t check again til 10:30. Luckily I got $94 each way too. Actually, I paid with points, it was 11466 each round trip. Pretty good price!

how does one become an A-lister? And do you have to be an A-lister before the flights are purchased or can that happen as long as you haven't flown on that flight yet?

I was super randomly given A-List status earlier this year. I have no idea why! Credit card holder maybe? But thanks SWA!

I got my return flight this morning on points. Not too bad.

Am I the only person on the thread this morning NOT from Buffalo???

I was super randomly given A-List status earlier this year. I have no idea why! Credit card holder maybe? But thanks SWA!

I'm from KC but we aren't looking to book fights at the moment lol

And the funny thing is a lot of us 'Buffalo' people are Canadians who hop across the border for the cheaper flights! We're not even from Buffalo!

I just checked in for our flight tomorrow. We didn't purchase EBCI. We got Boarding Group B Positions 30-33. There are so many knowledgeable people on this thread...how is that for a boarding position?

I just checked in for our flight tomorrow. We didn't purchase EBCI. We got Boarding Group B Positions 30-33. There are so many knowledgeable people on this thread...how is that for a boarding position?
If you are flying on a 737-700, there are 143 seats on the plane. So, you will be boarding after preboards and approximately 75 or so others.

There are 175 seats on the 737-800, so you will be about halfway in the boarding process.

Either way, you should be able to find seats together - either 3+1 or 2+2.

Without purchasing EBCI, that is not bad at all.

It honestly depends on how many family boarders and pre boarders there are. We've been on flights with approximately that seating position and been fine but have been on flights with boarding group B2 and had to go all the way to the back, last seat to find a row together. So hope for low family boarding numbers.

I just rebooked some of our flights and got back 2000 points. Not as cheap as I hoped but I booked 6 round trip direct flights from Islip for about 90,000 points. I can always watch for them to lower again.

Got my flights for Oct. 13-20 for $81 going down and $112 coming home. Nashville to MCO! Great times too, very happy

My sister and I are flying BNA to MCO on those dates! I got the same rates. Wonder if we're going to be flying together. :wave2:

I'm trying to change my flights to Sep but SW website keeps giving me an error. I'm on a 90 minute hold with SW. Any suggestions? Are folks changing their flights, or canceling and then rebooking? Thanks

I'm trying to change my flights to Sep but SW website keeps giving me an error. I'm on a 90 minute hold with SW. Any suggestions? Are folks changing their flights, or canceling and then rebooking? Thanks
I kept getting errors when trying to change my flight yesterday. I called SW and right away the system gave me the option for them to call me back in 20 minutes. Well, got a call back 2 1/2 hours later (was better than sitting on hold I guess). The rep said error was because of all the different types of payments I used (gift card and credit card, etc.) and because of changing flight a few times. Not sure if it is true but that is what she told me.

I'm guessing their website and phone lines are being absolutely slammed right now with people altering flights that are scheduled today or over the next couple of weeks. I would keep trying but be ready for a very long wait for a callback if you need to make changes by phone.

Unless it's something complicated, such as different forms of payment or using a Companion Pass, I find that going into a private window or incognito mode sometimes resolves the issue.

Regarding a separate matter, someone posted yesterday that they were on hold for a very long time to reach a CSR at Southwest. After the call was finally picked up and the agent provided the requested assistance, the CSR thanked the caller for not yelling at her.

The employees at airlines and hotels (especially those working the phones) are doing their best to assist their customers. For those who need to contact someone to change or cancel reservations, please muster your patience and be as understanding, as possible, for any delays. We are all in this together, and long delays on hold should be the least of our concerns, right now.

Last edited:
For anyone changing their Southwest plans and cancelling a flight that has EBCI, keep in mind that the EBCI fee will not be refunded, if you cancel your flight. Instead of cancelling, "change" your reservation, which will allow the EBCI to be transferred to your new flight.

Southwest is stating that EBCI is not refundable.

You are correct. The 737-800 is not the Max8. I just read an article in USA Today explaining that. I tried to link it, but can’t get it to work.
This may have been posted elsewhere on this thread but I thought I would show [or refresh] how you can check what type of aircraft you're on and specifically how a 737-800 vs a 737-800 Max appear for your flight. If you click on the flight number for your specific flight the following will appear. This is for a 10/29 MCO-BDL flight, 2 flight numbers with a stop in BWI.

https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/...makes-a-major-change-to-its-boarding-pol.aspx
I wonder how this applies to buying the upgraded boarding at the gate. Will there be less spots available to buy because 1 A-lister could take more than 1 spot with his family? I was planning to upgrade at the gate because I have the card that gives you 4 free upgrades a year and I was going to use that for my family of 4 instead of doing EBCI for one of our flights.

Need some help from the Southwest Gurus here. I had to cancel a cash flight for my family of 4 due to a death in the family. I got back travel funds in each of our names to be used within a year of original purchase. There is probably no way I'm getting my wife and kids on another plane in the next 6 months. When I go to get the residual value of the tickets late this year or early next, is it going to be $100 off each ticket or $100 off the total? Right now between the three of them there is $342 in TF, am I going to be able to use $242 of that or only $42?

I am sure this info is posted somewhere but I cannot find it. If I booked on points and rebook using less point (due to drop in cost), do the points that go back into my Rapid Rewards expire within the year from original booking as cash/credit purchase do or are they put back into my account without expiration? TIA

I am sure this info is posted somewhere but I cannot find it. If I booked on points and rebook using less point (due to drop in cost), do the points that go back into my Rapid Rewards expire within the year from original booking as cash/credit purchase do or are they put back into my account without expiration? TIA

Points go back into your account and don't expire as long as you... (travel once every 2 years at least? not completely sure what the caveat is, but I know it's pretty generous)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter