• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Positive thoughts please-ups and downs p.42

Just a thought, but did they rule out Lyme disease? It can have some scary symptoms including paralysis and many many more. Many times people can test negative but really have it.
:sad2: Due to a variety of reasons, not the least of which is politics within the medical community, it's very, very difficult to get an "official" diagnosis of Lyme in Canada. It's often misdiagnosed as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, or psychiatric disorders. Many suffer and are not appropriately treated. I personally know two people who have been driven in desperation to go down to the States and pay OOP for lab-testing and then come home and beg their doctors for treatment, which unfortunately can be much less effective with a late diagnosis.

:sad2: Due to a variety of reasons, not the least of which is politics within the medical community, it's very, very difficult to get an "official" diagnosis of Lyme in Canada. It's often misdiagnosed as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, or psychiatric disorders. Many suffer and are not appropriately treated. I personally know two people who have been driven in desperation to go down to the States and pay OOP for lab-testing and then come home and beg their doctors for treatment, which unfortunately can be much less effective with a late diagnosis.

Yeah, even in the states it's not accepted as a "real" disease by some dr.'s but thankfully more and more dr.'s are getting educated and are accepting Lyme and not brushing it off as something else. I have seen people brought to their knee's and their lives destroyed by Lyme. Whenever I hear of someone with a mystery illness, I always think Lyme. Unfortunately, ticks are active year round and are not killed by the cold. The other issue is that many get a false negative. The test is less than perfect and it can come up as negative but you really have it.

It seems like Kimblebees DH is getting great treatment and hopefully they will figure out what he has soon. I'm sure they will test for it if they think he may have it, but it sounds like they are chasing other leads and will find out what is ailing him. My mind just went to lyme when they could not figure it out.

We don’t really have ticks here. They’re more in the woods and grassy areas. Plus, our bugs have been dead for a good month (it’s freezing here and snowing). Thanks for the thought though.

It is good to see some good news in your update. Here's hoping from here on out that is what you get from the doctors.

I just want to second the thoughts of the pp about Lyme, or other tick borne diseases. You only need to get bit by one that carries something, and symptoms can show up long after a bite (that you may have never known you got).
My dh had some issues 2 years ago and they never did figure out what was wrong, but one doctor was convinced it was tick related. A year later he ended up the the ER again and was diagnosed with 2 tick borne diseases.
Continued good thoughts for you and your dh :hug:

ETA Just saw the pp's post about getting a Lyme diagnosis in Canada. That is unfortunate, and maybe in your dh's case they will find it is something else.

Just saw this. So scary!!! Hoping for more positive/improving news. It's great too that you are now able to see him. Will keep you both in my prayers.

Here's hoping for a clear diagnosis today and a speedy recovery.

A diagnosis would and will be good. Even if it’s not good news, at least we’d know what we’re dealing with. Not knowing is the worst part.

I’m about to go see him and meet with his team. It will be a short visit today because I only slept for about two hours last night and I am running on fumes. With my own health issues I have to be careful to not overdo it. I can wake up blind or numb from head to toe and that would only make things worse. My brother and his girlfriend are going up to see him tonight. I know he’ll really appreciate it.

A diagnosis would and will be good. Even if it’s not good news, at least we’d know what we’re dealing with. Not knowing is the worst part.

I’m about to go see him and meet with his team. It will be a short visit today because I only slept for about two hours last night and I am running on fumes. With my own health issues I have to be careful to not overdo it. I can wake up blind or numb from head to toe and that would only make things worse. My brother and his girlfriend are going up to see him tonight. I know he’ll really appreciate it.

These good vibes are for you! :goodvibes :hug:

another member of your 24/7 internet support DIS crew checking in to send you more hugs! :dogdance: hopefully the docs figure it all out soon.

Kimblebee, :hug:.

Hope Richard continues to improve. Not having a diagnosis must be both frightening and frustrating. But way better than a misdiagnosis.

Hoping for a better day for you both.

Just saw this. Sending out positive thoughts! Hope you get a definitive answer soon so you can start on the road to recovery. Although it seems you may be on it already :)

I hope you get your diagnosis soon. I agree it's so much easier when you know what you are dealing with.

Will be thinking about you and your Richard.

Thank you so much everyone.

GOOD NEWS

We have a cause and a treatment plan. He has a bacterial infection in his blood likely from an ulcer on his foot. The antibiotics are working and he should be home in about a week.

He was able to sit up for an hour and a half and is now able to feed himself, but still with some difficulty. He is really into Star Wars and LEGO so I took him a few minifigures and he was able to grasp them and move them around which he wasn’t able to do even last night.

I’m so, so relieved. I have only slept for about three hours since Wednesday morning and I was running on fumes. I know I’ll sleep well tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter