PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL Information

How much are cabana rentals at portofino bay hotel?

They were between $100-150 when we were there in March. It depends on what pool you want one at. Also, I find the price fluctuates with the season. You can call for your specific dates.

407-503-3235

Can someone recommend a car service/cab for transportation back to the airport from the portofino bay hotel?

or is it easy to just get a cab at the lobby the day of?

Can someone recommend a car service/cab for transportation back to the airport from the portofino bay hotel?

or is it easy to just get a cab at the lobby the day of?

They have luxury cars there waiting. If you want a cab, they can call you one.

Does anyone know what the pool hours are in October? Also, where are the Deluxe Queen rooms located?

We will be staying at the Portofino in about a month for the first time. Last time we stayed at the Hard Rock. Was just on tripadvisor and saw a flurry on negative reviews about the construction, worn condition of the hotel. I realize you can not take everything everyone posts on trip advisor as face value but was just wondering has anyone on here been there within the past month or two and what your thoughts were. thanks

we were there about a month ago in the west wing. they were painting the outside of the east wing while we were there. didn't really bother us. i was told they are doing all the outside work first. when that is done they are completely redoing the inside- was told they will strip the rooms bare and everything will be new.

Staying at PBH end of January into February. First time on site for US. We usually do Disney but went to US two years ago and my daughter is finally tall enough for the coasters.
1. If taking the boat, can you collapse a stroller and take it on the boat?
2. If we walk, I don't mind distance but is it flat or hilly? Hate those hills pushing a stroller?
3. I thought I read somewhere that you could get a microwave and/fridge in the room for a fee. But I can't find that info again. Can you?
4. Anyone know if it's possible to have a cake delivered the day of check in? We are going for my husband's 50th birthday which is the day we check in?

Staying at PBH end of January into February. First time on site for US. We usually do Disney but went to US two years ago and my daughter is finally tall enough for the coasters.
1. If taking the boat, can you collapse a stroller and take it on the boat?
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"[I]]yes.[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

2. If we walk, I don't mind distance but is it flat or hilly? Hate those hills pushing a stroller?
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]many push strollers. no hills on the walk.

3. I thought I read somewhere that you could get a microwave and/fridge in the room for a fee. But I can't find that info again. Can you?
when in your room, hit the star service button. you order the items through them. there is a limited number of them available. first come, first serve. at one time it was $25 per night but i do not know if that is still correct today

4. Anyone know if it's possible to have a cake delivered the day of check in? We are going for my husband's 50th birthday which is the day we check in?

you can order a cake thru the hotel restraurant.
it can be delivered to your room.
i suggest you do this in advance before you arrive at the hotel.

macraven said:
you can order a cake thru the hotel restraurant.
it can be delivered to your room.
i suggest you do this in advance before you arrive at the hotel.

Thanks for the info. Do you know which restaurant?

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from PBH to Discovery Cove? Not the cheapest, the quickest. Hoping to not rent a car.
I got the cake ordered thru concierge at PBH. They were great and able to help me with balloons and a dad gift basket.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from PBH to Discovery Cove? Not the cheapest, the quickest. Hoping to not rent a car.
I got the cake ordered thru concierge at PBH. They were great and able to help me with balloons and a dad gift basket.

Take a cab.

Does anyone know what type of bedding or mattresses they have there? It was amazing so comfortable !!!

Just wanted to give you a mini review of our recent 5 night stay at Portofino Bay Hotel. We checked in Oct 27th - Nov 1st.

Upon arrival we checked in and our room was ready. We were assigned room 1132 in the east wing with a bay view. The room was on the bottom floor and as soon as we walked in I noticed an insane amount of dust/build up all over the room. The furniture was extremely dusted, rug not vaccumed and the comforter was dingy and dirty. I immediately went to the front desk and spoke with Whitney she was wonderful. I asked her if there were any new recently renovate rooms we could be placed in. Without hesitation she apologized for the poor condition of the room. We came to find out that it was a pet friendly room and while I love my dog the thought of laying in a bed where a million other dogs once were is a serious turn off.

Whitney placed us in a newly renovated room 1220. The room was beautiful the bed was amazing!!! it was hands down the best mattress I ever slept in and we have a heavenly mattress at home. Whitney left an adorable candy display in our room and a note wishing us a wonderful stay.

The new rooms are great you can tell they changed the rugs, bedding, painted new carpets. The furniture however is still the same from the old rooms with the exception of the chairs near the table. If they were going to renovate they should have replaced the furniture as well.

The grounds were beautiful despite the construction outside we never heard noise even during the day. The walk to IOA, universal studios is not bad at all sometimes we walked, did the rickshaw took the boat it depended on our mood the majority of the time we walked and it was not bad at all.

Due to hurricane sandy we had to stay an additional night dennis at the front desk was wonderful with accomodating our extra night stay.

I would def stay at the portofino again the staff everywhere we encountered were seriously super pleasant and super duper nice.

We ate at mamma della's and the food was awesome again!

If i think of anything else I will come back and write some more overall we loved our stay there at the portofino and despite the bad first room it didnt ruin our trip at all. imo it really pays to speak up when you are not happy with a room after all you are paying alot to stay there why not get your money's worth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter