PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

We just returned from a 7-night club level stay. I had requested via email about a week prior, and provided three different desired options. When we checked-in I enquired if any of them were able to be met. To my delight one of my choices was accommodated and we ended up in a lovely room with a patio facing the Villa pool in the Villa wing.
I think if you can have a few options, they will try meet one of them. Otherwise if you only have one request and they can’t meet that, then you may just end up wherever.
What three options did you ask for if you dont mind sharing? What email did you send it to?

We just returned from a 7-night club level stay. I had requested via email about a week prior, and provided three different desired options. When we checked-in I enquired if any of them were able to be met. To my delight one of my choices was accommodated and we ended up in a lovely room with a patio facing the Villa pool in the Villa wing.
I think if you can have a few options, they will try meet one of them. Otherwise if you only have one request and they can’t meet that, then you may just end up wherever.
Is the "Villa wing" the same as the "west wing"? Thanks.

While we are on the topic of room location, we will be there in a few weeks and I haven’t requested any specific location yet. We have kids with us though so trying to minimize walking. We have club access. Do we will want to request west wing? Does anyone know where they generally assign the club rooms? I know from this thread that the club rooms generally have the upgraded bathrooms with the separate toilet area - I just dont know where those are.
Club guests are normally in the villa wing. In your case I’d be tempted to ask for “close to lobby” as that’ll put you nearer the club lounge itself (and I assume you’ll be going there at least twice a day so it’ll reduce some walking that way).

I have my heart set on staying there December 22-24 but rates are $900/night. Ooof. We may still do it but any chance of finding a better rate? Better to just book now and rebook if we find a better rate?

I have my heart set on staying there December 22-24 but rates are $900/night. Ooof. We may still do it but any chance of finding a better rate? Better to just book now and rebook if we find a better rate?
We book as soon as we know our dates. That way we know the rate is guaranteed and won't go higher. If the prices go down, you can always call and have the rate changed. Just know that you need to provide the first night charge at the time of booking. Canceling can take a week or so to see the funds returned to your account.

Is it easy to shorten a stay and keep your rate?
If I’m not totally sure which dates we’re going can I book 4 nights now and later shorten it to 2 nights for same rate?

Is it easy to shorten a stay and keep your rate?
If I’m not totally sure which dates we’re going can I book 4 nights now and later shorten it to 2 nights for same rate?

Only if the rate is still available which it usually isn't especially if it's a discounted rate. I tried to shorten a stay last November and they told me they couldn't if I wanted to keep my discount.

I tried to modify my upcoming February trip by getting rid of the last night because we were going to try and do a night at an Epcot resort, but I couldn't keep my AP rate so I left my reservation as is.

Only if the rate is still available which it usually isn't especially if it's a discounted rate. I tried to shorten a stay last November and they told me they couldn't if I wanted to keep my discount.

I tried to modify my upcoming February trip by getting rid of the last night because we were going to try and do a night at an Epcot resort, but I couldn't keep my AP rate so I left my reservation as is.
Hmmm not sure this is special rate or not. Definitely not AP rate. It’s about $465 for next December. I just want to get something booked and worried it could go up or sell out.

If we’re either going a certain 2 nights or another different 2 nights I wonder if it’s better to book separately (and pay 2 deposits) so I can just cancel one reservation instead of trying to modify.

I can’t remember if there is an excursion desk at portofino and if there is what sort of things do they have?? Any day trips to space center or even sea world? Thanks

Is club level worth an addtional 250 a night for 4
How much will you utilize the breakfast, snacks, drinks, dinner, desserts? Are you planning to eat dinner elsewhere on property? $250 would buy an awful lot of breakfast / drinks, if you're not going to be back and take advantage of dinner also. And it is probably iffy even then.

How many nights? If one night, it might be a better deal - you can check in early enough for breakfast, come back for dinner / drinks, get desserts before bed, then get breakfast the next day. Plus however many drinks you can carry back to the room / parks. Multiple nights, I'd probably want to enjoy some of the other restaurants around and/or it might get old going back for club dinner offerings, then going back out or calling it a night early.

Of course, if it's 4 adults & you are all going to partake in the evening booze, then you can make it "worth it" much more easily. Or if you have no problem bringing back 2-4 drinks/person each time you visit the lounge (this is what we did the one night we stayed club - the 2 of us racked up a fairly impressive/embarrassing pile of beverages to stuff into our suitcase for the next few nights at Sapphire Falls).

How much will you utilize the breakfast, snacks, drinks, dinner, desserts? Are you planning to eat dinner elsewhere on property? $250 would buy an awful lot of breakfast / drinks, if you're not going to be back and take advantage of dinner also. And it is probably iffy even then.

How many nights? If one night, it might be a better deal - you can check in early enough for breakfast, come back for dinner / drinks, get desserts before bed, then get breakfast the next day. Plus however many drinks you can carry back to the room / parks. Multiple nights, I'd probably want to enjoy some of the other restaurants around and/or it might get old going back for club dinner offerings, then going back out or calling it a night early.

Of course, if it's 4 adults & you are all going to partake in the evening booze, then you can make it "worth it" much more easily. Or if you have no problem bringing back 2-4 drinks/person each time you visit the lounge (this is what we did the one night we stayed club - the 2 of us racked up a fairly impressive/embarrassing pile of beverages to stuff into our suitcase for the next few nights at Sapphire Falls).
Yes 2 nights,,3 days,,,only one drinker. If we could go back after checkout 3rd day then maybe,,,but reading not allowed after checkout.

We just got back from a week at PBH club level. $250 a night is not worth it in my opinion. Breakfast is satisfactory but it will prevent you from rope-dropping. Depending on what time the parks close, you will have to decide on whether to eat dinner in the club or stay in the parks. Desserts were not all that thrilling. Mediocre chocolate chip cookies and bite size desserts.

So even though we booked through a third party, we requested West Wing near the boats and...somehow got upgraded from a garden view to a bay view in room 3133, which is one room away from the building exit directly next to the water taxis. The only room closer to the boats was 3131. Hopefully useful info for others!

Is club level worth an addtional 250 a night for 4
This questions gets asked all the time on the forums.

IMO club level is a convenience and a luxury. It's not advertised or designed that you will "get your money's worth".
It's highly unlikely that many people would get $150-$250 a day of food & drinks out of the experience.

It's a luxury that some people want and will pay for. Just like staying in a bigger room or a nicer hotel.

So if your only reason for considering it is from a value perspective than I wouldn't pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter