PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

You will love that suite! The two bedroom suite is huge. It also has three bathrooms which is nice. I’ve been told by the resort that all portofino suites are in the west wing. We have stayed in six different ones and they all were in the west wing. They were on the ground, second and third floor. The two on the ground floor have patios. There is one right by the boat dock, I believe the numbers were 3133,3135 and 3137. The other ground floor suite was further from the boat dock but had a great bay view and was very private. The suites we had on the second and third floor did not have balconies but had great views of the bay or beach pool. One suite was right by the elevator and just steps from the pool. I loved that one.

You will love that suite! The two bedroom suite is huge. It also has three bathrooms which is nice. I’ve been told by the resort that all portofino suites are in the west wing. We have stayed in six different ones and they all were in the west wing. They were on the ground, second and third floor. The two on the ground floor have patios. There is one right by the boat dock, I believe the numbers were 3133,3135 and 3137. The other ground floor suite was further from the boat dock but had a great bay view and was very private. The suites we had on the second and third floor did not have balconies but had great views of the bay or beach pool. One suite was right by the elevator and just steps from the pool. I loved that one.

Were the suites on the ground floor with patios all bay views? we have garden view booked.

Yes. The two on the ground floor were bay view. Honestly, it would not hurt to ask nicely at check in if either of the ground floor suites were available. We’ve done that in the past and been upgraded to the bay view, at no extra charge, when available.

Looking for recommendations on where to request rooms for our upcoming stay. Want to stay away from the pet rooms and my mom who is 73 will be with us so looking for a quieter section. Any suggestions?

Looking for recommendations on where to request rooms for our upcoming stay. Want to stay away from the pet rooms and my mom who is 73 will be with us so looking for a quieter section. Any suggestions?

I’d consider a villa wing request, on the villa pool side. I’ve never stayed with a pet but have heard and not sure if it’s true that they like to keep pets in ground floor rooms, so maybe worth asking not to have a ground floor. I do know that they do a fabulous job cleaning rooms and have never noticed anything pet related in any room I’ve stayed in.

Switched our stay June 2-6 from Royal Pacific to Portofino Club Level. With the AP rate it was only $15 more a night to switch. I'll have to upgrade my ticket to a seasonal pass, so I hope it's worth it and I made the right decision. We've never stayed club level before. This will also be our first time staying onsite at Universal and it's been over 17 years since we've even been to Universal. It will be our daughter's first trip and she's super excited about the Harry Potter stuff. We'll be traveling with my in-laws who will be celebrating their 30th anniversary, and they're staying club level too. I'm a Disney girl at heart, but I have to admit this hotel looks amazing and I think staying here is what I'm looking forward to the most.

For those that do utilise the cars, the ODC service that sit outside the hotels are no longer going to be free for onsite guests.

There will be a flat $10 charge to go between these hotels from now on. This is down to the company not the hotels.

The free dining shuttle is also ending.

For those that do utilise the cars, the ODC service that sit outside the hotels are no longer going to be free for onsite guests.

There will be a flat $10 charge to go between these hotels from now on. This is down to the company not the hotels.

I'm assuming this is starting now and not waiting until summer to implement. $10 isnt a big deal; but when you touted this as one of the perks of staying onsite to hubby....

I'm assuming this is starting now and not waiting until summer to implement. $10 isnt a big deal; but when you touted this as one of the perks of staying onsite to hubby....

I actually forget the date it starts, to be honest I have May 1st in my head, but I think that's when Disney implement the smoking/giant stroller/ice ban

It`s a shame the company themselves have decided to do this.....it was a good perk.

I actually forget the date it starts, to be honest I have May 1st in my head, but I think that's when Disney implement the smoking/giant stroller/ice ban

It`s a shame the company themselves have decided to do this.....it was a good perk.

:rotfl2:.....GIANT strollers......it’s like they were trying to push small automobiles around or something.....I’m happy about this because it means quicker lines hopefully for guests staying at Monorail resorts and overall better everywhere IMO!........sorry I went a little :offtopic:......but we’re good Schumi!!!

Switched our stay June 2-6 from Royal Pacific to Portofino Club Level. With the AP rate it was only $15 more a night to switch. I'll have to upgrade my ticket to a seasonal pass, so I hope it's worth it and I made the right decision. We've never stayed club level before. This will also be our first time staying onsite at Universal and it's been over 17 years since we've even been to Universal. It will be our daughter's first trip and she's super excited about the Harry Potter stuff. We'll be traveling with my in-laws who will be celebrating their 30th anniversary, and they're staying club level too. I'm a Disney girl at heart, but I have to admit this hotel looks amazing and I think staying here is what I'm looking forward to the most.

Hi I think you made a great choice. We stayed PBH club level this summer and loved it. The club and the food offerings were great. The pool is really nice as is the grounds. I know some of it is objective with the theme but we enjoyed it. We use to go to Disney every year but the last several years have just been Universal. I am sure you will have a great time. Universal is so much more relaxing to do than Disney. You will be spoiled with the express pass. If you haven't you could check out some trip reports over on that board. I did one this past summer on PBH.

Have a great trip!

We're staying in a club room next month. What's the current room hold on the credit card per night? The accom is fully paid for. Reason for asking is our holds normally take a week to drop (we're from Australia.)

If your fully paid already and you do not wish to have money held on your credit card you can let them know at check in you do not want this done.

We're staying in a club room next month. What's the current room hold on the credit card per night? The accom is fully paid for. Reason for asking is our holds normally take a week to drop (we're from Australia.)

As Robo says, let them know at check in you don't want to do this.

You don't have to have room charging privileges. Some do, some don't.

This might make us lean towards HRH or PBH for our next stay. We might want to be in walking distance of The Palm

I see that you can decline to have room charging.

FWIW, when we checked in, we had a hold equal to the hotel balance, parking for all 6 nights (plus tax) and $1200 incidentals/room charging

Booked two garden view rooms at PBH for later this month, do I have any option for a balcony or patio in this category? If not what room category would have this option (if any)? TIA :)

We are probably going to hit Volcano Bay one morning. What is the best transportation for us? There are 6 of us and we wont have a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!