• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Hello, does anyone know if there is outdoor seating near the club lounge? I am interested in club level, but not comfortable with indoor dining right now.

I’ve heard the CL lounge will be undergoing some renovations and will be temporarily moved to the Tuscan Ballroom from August 2-December. (If I have that correct.) Does anyone know if this ballroom has a balcony/patio?

Also, the CL overlooks the whole Harbor Piazza and Portofino Bay. Access should be quick and easy. Exit the front door to the CL, turn right, walk about 100 ft and walk down a flight of stairs and you are in the Harbor Piazza and Portofino Bay outdoor area. You could easily take your food/drinks down to all the outside seating there.

What's up with the bathrooms at this resort? Why is the toilet out in the open like that? Also, how can you get a room with a bathtub and shower curtain vs a glass door shower? We will be 2 friends traveling and I'm not sure how this bathroom layout can work since the sinks are inside and it seems like the entire bathroom is off limits if one person is in there using the toilet or shower. Are all the rooms like this? Are there any that offer a bit more privacy in the bathroom while not closing it off to everyone else?

We can get a great rate here next month because we are ready to switch hotels after numerous terrible Cabana Bay reviews recently, but this layout will not work for us for 5 nights.

What's up with the bathrooms at this resort? Why is the toilet out in the open like that? Also, how can you get a room with a bathtub and shower curtain vs a glass door shower? We will be 2 friends traveling and I'm not sure how this bathroom layout can work since the sinks are inside and it seems like the entire bathroom is off limits if one person is in there using the toilet or shower. Are all the rooms like this? Are there any that offer a bit more privacy in the bathroom while not closing it off to everyone else?

We can get a great rate here next month because we are ready to switch hotels after numerous terrible Cabana Bay reviews recently, but this layout will not work for us for 5 nights.

PBH is the only one of the three deluxe hotels with a sink inside of the toilet/bathtub area,

Yes, I know that. It's also over $100 less per night than the other 2 premiere hotels for our dates. 😞

I betcha if someone said, "I'll give you $500 to stay in this room and figure out a way to share the bathroom." you'd go for it.

We never seem to have an issue. There are two sinks. Nobody takes forever in the shower or on the potty.

I betcha if someone said, "I'll give you $500 to stay in this room and figure out a way to share the bathroom." you'd go for it.

We never seem to have an issue. There are two sinks. Nobody takes forever in the shower or on the potty.

This statement isn't true in my family...for medical reasons. But, luckily I'm not traveling with my family this time.

It's just an annoyance that I wish hotel designers would think about more carefully. At least close off the toilet with a door...

If it’s $100 less per night, I happily take it and do the banana dance. :banana:

It is. It's the only premier hotel during our dates that still has rooms under the special offer. The rest start at rack rate, which is technically $104 more per night than the cheapest option at PBR.

It is. It's the only premier hotel during our dates that still has rooms under the special offer. The rest start at rack rate, which is technically $104 more per night than the cheapest option at PBR.

I advise booking it, and then check back daily to see if the other premier hotels offer a discounted rate. We’re booked at PBH in September, and although RPH is our favorite hotel, the bigger PBH rooms will be better for us this trip as we’ll have 5 adults in the room.

I advise booking it, and then check back daily to see if the other premier hotels offer a discounted rate. We’re booked at PBH in September, and although RPH is our favorite hotel, the bigger PBH rooms will be better for us this trip as we’ll have 5 adults in the room.

Will do. I am also going to call and ask about military discount rates. Glad to hear RPH is your favorite...that's the one I'm leaning towards.

Maybe not. My friend just told me "we don't have to take the cheapest option." I agree. We want to enjoy this trip and money isn't the only consideration, although initially we always look at what is coming up cheapest. But she was weirded out by the bathroom layout as well, so looks like we will be staying elsewhere.

Just snagged Hard Rock for $18 less per night. I took that for now until I can call in tomorrow about military rates. Cancelled Cabana Bay.

Does anyone know if the club level queen rooms all have bay view? Also, are these rooms spread throughout the resort… west wing, east wing and villa? I also saw a video on one of these rooms with a door to the toilet area, somewhat compartmentalized. Do all of the club rooms have this feature or just certain areas of the resort?

Does anyone know if the club level queen rooms all have bay view? Also, are these rooms spread throughout the resort… west wing, east wing and villa? I also saw a video on one of these rooms with a door to the toilet area, somewhat compartmentalized. Do all of the club rooms have this feature or just certain areas of the resort?

Your club room can be all over the hotel but they try to keep you in the Villa Wing. It is closest to the club room.

I have never seen a compartmentalized bathroom at PBH. That doesn't mean they don't exist but I've never heard of one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter