Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on here in a bit, but I thought I'd let you all know that I shared a bunch of pictures on the POR picture thread, including pictures of the laundry room near one of the quiet pools, and pictures of the menu boards. :)

There will be no problem in doing this. You might want to get a parking permit for her car from the Front Desk if you are worried at all (just say you've lost yours) but I've never seen these enforced (and I always forget to put mine on the dashboard for a few days anyway!).

You're also right that technically you should be paying a third-adult rate for that one night if she stays over, but I honestly can't see that anyone will be any the wiser, nor would they really care under the circumstances anyway. Make sure she's got a room key / magic band though (the kids will have them anyway, so she could use one of theirs).

It's worth remembering that two adults and two kids on a booking does NOT guarantee you an Alligator Bayou room though, so unless you have booked a Preferred Location room it's always possible you could be placed in a mansion building room.

Andre

Thanks for the info. We are booked in a Preferred Category room, so we are guaranteed to be in AB.

I haven't been on here in a bit, but I thought I'd let you all know that I shared a bunch of pictures on the POR picture thread, including pictures of the laundry room near one of the quiet pools, and pictures of the menu boards. :)

Thanks for all the great pictures. We are excited to return this April. :cool1:

Thanks! Pics of anything resort-specific and an idea of prices would be great!

Andre

I added some pictures to my last post (which is now on the last page). I forgot to get prices. I looked at the throw, and I believe it's $74.99. I'm at DHS right now in line for RnRC, but if I can get back in time, I'll get prices.

Just wanted to say I faxed POR around 9:30 this morning with my room request, following the template Venomhatch provided.

Less than 2 hours later I received an email that I had been assigned a room which meets my specifications!

Thanks so much, I haven't even packed yet and already I've been pixiedusted!

Maria :upsidedow

:thumbsup2 wow! I've faxed before every stay and never got an email back!!
Congrats!!

Thanks! Pics of anything resort-specific and an idea of prices would be great!

Andre

There's also a two-sided ornament at the gift shop. It's $14.95

16154847616_b350c7cd14.jpg

16180617475_e472a693bd.jpg

The picture in my last post comes in two sizes. The 5x7 matted to 8x10 is $35, the 3x5 matted to 5x7 is $25

The mug is $14.95

The throw is $74.95

I saw the baseball cap this morning, but they were gone tonight, so I didn't get a price on it.

The trading pin is a blue level, $8.95

The pictures you posted yesterday are the same items, now, so I didn't bother taking more pictures of those.

Cute ornament! But it looks huge. Will have to see it in person. Any tees? Also looking for fridge mag. I have a collection of them! Too bad my old CBR one broke :sad1: that was our first WDW stay!

I added some pictures to my last post (which is now on the last page). I forgot to get prices. I looked at the throw, and I believe it's $74.99. I'm at DHS right now in line for RnRC, but if I can get back in time, I'll get prices.

Thanks for all the updates, I've added your info to my news page over at portorleans.org too (with credit to you), hope that's OK. Baseball cap was $19.95 by the way.

Hope the crowds have settled down a bit now, by Monday the place will be practically deserted compared to the last few days.

Andre

We are checking in on January 9 for Marathon Weekend. This morning I faxed in a room request. I asked for corner room on the second floor in building 14 or 18 as we had a preferred room booked. I also gave a few room number examples of what I was looking for.

An hour later I received an email back giving me the exact room number I had been assigned, and it met all my requests.

Now that's what I call good customer service.

Just wanted to say I faxed POR around 9:30 this morning with my room request, following the template Venomhatch provided.

Less than 2 hours later I received an email that I had been assigned a room which meets my specifications!

Thanks so much, I haven't even packed yet and already I've been pixiedusted!

Maria :upsidedow

We are checking in on January 9 for Marathon Weekend. This morning I faxed in a room request. I asked for corner room on the second floor in building 14 or 18 as we had a preferred room booked. I also gave a few room number examples of what I was looking for.

An hour later I received an email back giving me the exact room number I had been assigned, and it met all my requests.

Glad to hear both got some extra magic!!!

They sometimes sell 24-packs of small Dasani water bottles, but it'll be a lot more expensive than the supermarkets or even the Hess gas station in Downtown Disney.

Andre

Thanks! We are only staying one night before a cruise so maybe I will just have some shipped.

A popular travel agent has good rates for POR but they are only "standard" rooms. I would normally book Preferred so we can get the murphy bed despite being a family of 4 (kids don't sleep well together). She mentioned that Disney will probably accommodate us to a three bed room upon request. Anyone have experience with this? I know nothing is guaranteed... but do any of the standard rooms have murphy beds?

Thanks for all the updates, I've added your info to my news page over at portorleans.org too (with credit to you), hope that's OK. Baseball cap was $19.95 by the way.

Hope the crowds have settled down a bit now, by Monday the place will be practically deserted compared to the last few days.

Andre

It's not a problem at all, Andre!

We're leaving today, we have to drive back and get the DDs ready for school on Monday. We're in DAK for one final hurrah, and then, heading home!

Finally Resort specific things!! Every visit we ask for them and now they arrive 12 days after we left. But we are glad "home" finally has some items again! We have Dixie Landing and Riverside items from the past.

Is anyone going soon and willing to pick us up some items and mail them to us??? I know it is asking a lot, we will pay for shipping. : )

A popular travel agent has good rates for POR but they are only "standard" rooms. I would normally book Preferred so we can get the murphy bed despite being a family of 4 (kids don't sleep well together). She mentioned that Disney will probably accommodate us to a three bed room upon request. Anyone have experience with this? I know nothing is guaranteed... but do any of the standard rooms have murphy beds?

Yes. Standard only refers to the view, the room is the same. If you want the Murphy bed request AB.

Congrats!

I've never heard of them emailing back, AND giving room # :confused3 is this something new?

Cute ornament! But it looks huge. Will have to see it in person. Any tees? Also looking for fridge mag. I have a collection of them! Too bad my old CBR one broke :sad1: that was our first WDW stay!

It's the standard 2-1/2" to 3" ornament (sorry, didn't measure), but it looks like that "normal" size for most ornaments.

Everything I saw was what I mentioned, there wasn't anything else. I hope more products come out, soon!

All of the resort-specific merchandise, except for the trading pin, are on a table near the main entrance to the gift shop. The pin is with the rest of the pins.

Oh, Andre, I have a small correction in the pin pricing. The price I gave you is correct, but I gave you the wrong pricing level. It's a silver level price, not blue.

For those unfamiliar with pin pricing at The World: there's hundreds of different styles, and thousands of pins all over the place to purchase. Trying to reprice every pin would be a mammoth undertaking. So, instead, each pin is set a price level of one of 5 colors. There are signs on the racks saying what each color costs. When the prices move, the CMs just have to replace two or three signs on the racks instead of every single pin.

Anyone else a little disappointed in the POR merchandise?

I'm not thrilled with the riverboat pictured on everything. Now if it was the boat you take to Downtown Disney, or a picture of the main building with the paddlewheel, or even a horse and carriage, something specific to POR. But a riverboat? :( I do have the matted photo in a frame, as DD bought that for me on our trip last year and I love it. Would have enjoyed the mug, Christmas ornament and throw with another picture but will pass on them this trip. :(

Anyone else a little disappointed in the POR merchandise? I'm not thrilled with the riverboat pictured on everything. Now if it was the boat you take to Downtown Disney, or a picture of the main building with the paddlewheel, or even a horse and carriage, something specific to POR. But a riverboat? :( I do have the matted photo in a frame, as DD bought that for me on our trip last year and I love it. Would have enjoyed the mug, Christmas ornament and throw with another picture but will pass on them this trip. :(

I won't say that I am disappointed (I do wish there was more), but that's because I am hoping this is just a baby step. It's been close to 15yrs since they had anything except pins, as the only resort specific merch. Really hoping they expand in the coming years. More specifically by Dec 2016 when we hope to head back "home."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter