Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked POR for our arrival night on our May trip (we are using DSis' DVC points to stay at OKW for the rest of the trip). I am very excited! I have stayed at POR once before, in the Alligator Bayou section. My traveling companion for the night is my mom, who has never stayed at POR. I am looking forward to spending time at the pool and seeing Yeeha Bob.

We are booked for a garden view room, but I'm wondering if I should enter any additional room requests. I'll be 7 months pregnant when we travel, so it would be nice to have a room that isn't too far from the lobby/pool. Any suggestions?

After months of planning, unplanning, replanning, reserving, unreserving, unbirthdays (Get out of here, Alice!), and driving for nearly 24 hours... Look where I am!

a4B6adZh.jpg

This resort is BEAUTIFUL! I was just in awe as to all of the details taken to make this hotel.

I haven't gotten into my room, yet, I will, soon.

After months of planning, unplanning, replanning, reserving, unreserving, unbirthdays (Get out of here, Alice!), and driving for nearly 24 hours... Look where I am!

a4B6adZh.jpg

This resort is BEAUTIFUL! I was just in awe as to all of the details taken to make this hotel.

Congrats!!

I cannot open my Subscribed to Threads on my iPad Air but my husband can open them on his iPad2. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem even after being logged in. Thanks.

Not really a Port Orleans visitors question so you'll probably get a quicker answer in the Technical Support forum. Post the full details there and I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Andre

Thanks I am new to posting and knew someone would have an idea. Thanks so much and Happy Holidays!

POR has been my "home" resort since 2004. I have enjoyed many solo and group trips, including one with my Mom who I lost suddenly this year. Wonderful memories.

My stepbrother, sister-in-law, and niece and nephew (age 14 and 17) just got back from their third trip to WDW - second on-site. First time was All Star Movies and this time was All Star Music.

They grew weary of getting ready with basically 4 adults in a value room.

They brought their new puppy, Barney, and kept him at Best Friends. They were there from December 21 to the 27th. Afternoons, my stepbrother would take the car and go over to Best Friends and back again.

One day the parking lot was particularly crowded and he didn't want to lose his spot, so he to try out the bus. After finding out from a Cast Member, the most efficient way to get there was the POR bus, my sister-in-law decided to go with him.

They ended up not only going over to Best Friends, but having a late lunch in the food court and walking around. They realized they were at a different part of the resort and thought they had to walk all the way back to the Main Building, when they noticed the bus loop. While walking to the bus stop, a door was open where the maid was cleaning up a room and they got to see the layout, etc.

Needless to say, they said next trip, it is POR - no more values for them! I am so excited. :thumbsup2

I booked a seven night POR stay and was recently able to add an additional 4 nights!:cool1:
Now I am slightly nervous about all the expenditures that four more nights will incur (not the actual room, but everything else). If I check in online, will I be able to cancel some of the days? Or will I be liable for the early cancellation fees?
TIA

I booked a seven night POR stay and was recently able to add an additional 4 nights!:cool1:
Now I am slightly nervous about all the expenditures that four more nights will incur (not the actual room, but everything else). If I check in online, will I be able to cancel some of the days? Or will I be liable for the early cancellation fees?
TIA

If you book a package, you pay a cancellation fee up to 44 days before check-in; room only, it is 5 days before check-in.

Any changes made 14 days in advance also carry a $15.00 fee.

Well I did it.

I couldn't stand not staying at my favorite moderate resort so I changed my April bounceback reservation from Caribbean Beach Resort to Port Orleans Riverside.
The only thing available for bounceback rooms was the Royal Room Garden View according to the very hard to understand customer service person but I booked it anyway.
According to her even the new spring offer only had Royal Rooms Garden View rooms left already.
That surprised me since it just started yesterday. I guess they had a smaller amount of rooms in the discount pool.

a4B6adZh.jpg

:banana: do you like your room?

:love: nice!!

:banana: do you like your room?

Oh, yes, it's a very nice-a.

No, seriously, the room is gorgeous. We did suffer from the criticism of a moderate with 5 people in it: it's a touch cramped in there. However, the room is beautiful! I just love all the little details that were put in, around the hotel, in the room, and just overall around the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter