Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow crew. Back after needing some time to recoup them my stroke. I an home now and I have been doing a lot of recovery and relearning some items but I am nearly back to 100%. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Tomorrow in my birthday (35), so I maybe up off and on!

Wow crew. Back after needing some time to recoup them my stroke. I an home now and I have been doing a lot of recovery and relearning some items but I am nearly back to 100%. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Tomorrow in my birthday (35), so I maybe up off and on!

So good to see you on here! Very happy to know that your recovery is going well :) Happy Holidays to you and a very Happy Birthday too!! pixiedust:

Glad to see you back, Venom! Merry Christmas, and happy birthday!

:cheer2: glad to hear you are recovering! Merry Christmas & :bday:

Happy Birthday Venom!

The Sassagoula
by KC MikeD, on Flickr

Lovely

I hope you are getting to relax and recovery is going well! Prayers to you! Happy Birthday too!

Welcome back! Good health in your recovery!

Santa just booked us a surprise trip to Port Orleans!
First time to this resort and slowly working our way through the thread.

We will have a king room but there was no option for views preference. Is there any chance we will end up overlooking the parking lot?

Also, I got to the page about tree frogs on a guest's door! Does this happen often? Is it more likely on the bottom floor than a higher floor?

Santa just booked us a surprise trip to Port Orleans!
First time to this resort and slowly working our way through the thread.

We will have a king room but there was no option for views preference. Is there any chance we will end up overlooking the parking lot?

Also, I got to the page about tree frogs on a guest's door! Does this happen often? Is it more likely on the bottom floor than a higher floor?

Have a look on first page, on resort map you can click on buildings to see locations of King rooms. Then you can add a location request on your reservation.
I've never seen tree frogs at POR on any floor we've been on, including 1st floor. But we always stay in the mansion section, maybe they're more in the Bayou section ?

Enjoy your first stay at POR!

We will be traveling to Disney in August 2015. My mother always joins our family of 4 on our Disney trips. In the past, we have booked two rooms at All Star Sports, but on our last trip, we were given rooms in two different buildings. My mom didn't like staying by herself and it feels like a waste having a second room for one person. We are considering staying at AB in POR in one room. I know we'll have enough sleeping space, but is there enough room for 3 adults and 2 children to move around with luggage? We don't spend much time in the room, but I don't want to be tripping over each other when we do. Thanks.

We will be traveling to Disney in August 2015. My mother always joins our family of 4 on our Disney trips. In the past, we have booked two rooms at All Star Sports, but on our last trip, we were given rooms in two different buildings. My mom didn't like staying by herself and it feels like a waste having a second room for one person. We are considering staying at AB in POR in one room. I know we'll have enough sleeping space, but is there enough room for 3 adults and 2 children to move around with luggage? We don't spend much time in the room, but I don't want to be tripping over each other when we do. Thanks.

We always stay at pors with 3a and 2c. We bring several hanging organizers and fabric bins to store our belongings in and I don't overpack. We have plenty of space. We use our luggage to keep dirty laundry in. Try to stay organized and I'm sure you will be fine. As you said you're not in the room much anyways

We always stay at pors with 3a and 2c. We bring several hanging organizers and fabric bins to store our belongings in and I don't overpack. We have plenty of space. We use our luggage to keep dirty laundry in. Try to stay organized and I'm sure you will be fine. As you said you're not in the room much anyways

Thanks for the reply and helpful hints! We're all excited to try POR.

We're booked at POR for our second visit Easter week. Not my choice time to go but DD is getting married on the 7th at the Wedding Pavilion and we'll be celebrating out 30th anniversary on Easter Sunday. We're booked in standard just me, DH and youngest DD. The grooms parents are in a Royal room with the groom's 4 year old daughter. Bride and Groom are booked at COR. I'm really torn on if I should fax a request in. Last stay was in 2012 and we really wanted Mansions and got it. Booked standard but ended up in 8056 in Acadian House which is listed as GV. There's a part of me that would really like to try Bayou, just to try something new. I also really love the mansions and this would put us closer to groom's family. I'm not happy that we'll be there at such a busy time but trilled by daughter chose a Disney wedding.:cloud9::bride:

Quick question. We're going to be staying at POR for marathon weekend next week.

DW and I will be running the half marathon, and we would like my mother in law to come watch the kids in the room while we run the race. With her not being a guest of the hotel, would there be any issue with her coming to watch the kids and parking? I see this as being no different than a guest using one of the off-site babysitting services that come to your room. Do I need to request anything at check in?

We are also in an AB room, so would it just be easier to have her stay the night with us rather than try to get to the hotel at 2:30 in the morning? I am not sure if we would need to add an extra adult to the reservation for just one night or how that might work at this juncture.

DW and I will be running the half marathon, and we would like my mother in law to come watch the kids in the room while we run the race.

We are also in an AB room, so would it just be easier to have her stay the night with us rather than try to get to the hotel at 2:30 in the morning? I am not sure if we would need to add an extra adult to the reservation for just one night or how that might work at this juncture.

There will be no problem in doing this. You might want to get a parking permit for her car from the Front Desk if you are worried at all (just say you've lost yours) but I've never seen these enforced (and I always forget to put mine on the dashboard for a few days anyway!).

You're also right that technically you should be paying a third-adult rate for that one night if she stays over, but I honestly can't see that anyone will be any the wiser, nor would they really care under the circumstances anyway. Make sure she's got a room key / magic band though (the kids will have them anyway, so she could use one of theirs).

It's worth remembering that two adults and two kids on a booking does NOT guarantee you an Alligator Bayou room though, so unless you have booked a Preferred Location room it's always possible you could be placed in a mansion building room.

Andre

We arrive at POR on New Years day! Our first time staying there and we are sooo excited! Just wanted to take a moment and send out a big "thank you" to everyone on this thread for all of the great info, but particularly Andre, Sue, and Venom :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter