Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so happy we are going next August. It will probably be our last, My kids are pretty much grown. :woohoo:

Here now sitting @ boatwrights there's a lot of reading I need 2 do 2 catch up lol love the atmosphere here, we are eatin our cornbread and listening 2 yeehaw Bob and just wanted to let everybody know there is a slow cooked braised short rib on the menu....waitress said it was new as of today?!

Sounds great, I assume it's a variant of the Slow-roasted Prime Rib that was on the menu before? If you could maybe pop by at some point in your trip and get a few photos of the current menu, that'd be really helpful for me (main adult menu, the smaller desert menu if they still have that, and kids menu choices). Thanks!

Andre

So what? DH and I went to WDW 6 times in the 7 years after our youngest graduated from college. We actually had more fun without the kids.

Yeah, so what....we go more now than when are children were with us..... Mid 60's and we went 3 times this year.....you're only as young as you feel and Disney is so relaxing....we can relax at the resort and pool or visit a park for a few hours, with AP's we can breeze into a park, grab some food and leave...

And your point is...? :) I plan to continue going to WDW for a long, long time - whether or not DD Lucy still wants to come with us!

Andre

We took our kids their whole youth the first time dh and I went without them was nov 2011 I was afraid I would be sad but it was the opposite. We had a BLAST with an adult trip and went back nov 2012 well now it's a third no kid trip because we couldn't get enough. So nov 2013 now lol. We went to Fultons at dd disney and had the best Bloody Mary I ever tasted. Can't wait to have another of those

At POR right now and wanted to update everyone on what we saw. Our room in the bayou had a fridge but my sisters right beside us did not. They said they have some in stock for medical reasons and are expecting more in a couple weeks. At one point we had 2 of them in the room because they accidentally delivered a second one. We also ate at Boatwrights and they said there were 2new items on the menu and that they updated the kids desserts. I had the short ribs and cheesy grits and loved it (its naturally gluten free BTW). I think Boatwrights is one if our new favorites!

andrewilley said:
I think I see a new favourite menu item in the making...

Andre

I'm telling you it was Sooo gd! I think I'm going to eat there again! I will try to get some pics of the menu but i don't know how to upload them!

mrsmomo said:
I will try to get some pics of the menu but i don't know how to upload them!

You have to upload them to a pic sharing website like photobucket. Then copy the img link and paste it here in a post.

I will try to get some pics of the menu but i don't know how to upload them!

If you have a smart phone, just snap a few pics on that and email them to me - admin(atsign)portorleans.org - via the free resort wi-fi.

Andre

andrewilley said:
If you have a smart phone, just snap a few pics on that and email them to me - admin(atsign)portorleans.org - via the free resort wi-fi.

Andre

Yup I always use my smart phone I will try to get them to u after pool time @ ol man island today!

Our kids are still in school and we have managed two trips without them! LOL We take them pretty much every year so we didn't feel bad sneaking in a couple of long weekends alone! But, I agree...soooo much fun with no kids!

Yup I always use my smart phone I will try to get them to u after pool time @ ol man island today!

Thanks, that'd be great. Just ask at the podium to borrow one of each menu card and I'm sure they'll let you photograph them.

Andre <not jealous, not jealous, not jealous... if I keep saying it often enough I might even believe it!>

I know you can make reservations at 180 days out but what are the chances of walking up and getting seats at Boatwrights? Since we are driving down 365 days from today, driving all night and will probably arrive sometime in the afternoon I was thinking of having my family eat here for supper our first night in but since we don't know what time we would arrive I don't want to make a reservation in case we aren't there in time.

I know you can make reservations at 180 days out but what are the chances of walking up and getting seats at Boatwrights? Since we are driving down 365 days from today, driving all night and will probably arrive sometime in the afternoon I was thinking of having my family eat here for supper our first night in but since we don't know what time we would arrive I don't want to make a reservation in case we aren't there in time.

I have never had an issue walking up to any of the TS restaurants at any of the moderates. Now walking up to Kona, 'Ohana, Citricos, etc is not recommended. I have not found many people not staying at POR traveling there to eat at Boatwrights, even though the food is very good. It's just not a destination dining spot.

I don't think you will have a problem getting a table. Don't get me wrong as I like the food at Boatwright's, however, it isn't a high up on the list signature restaurant that people from other resorts come to as well. If you were trying for the California Grill, or Ohana without a reservation you would be disappointed. But, unless you arrive exactly at 6pm and expect to be seated at 6:01, I don't think you will have a problem. I've eaten there several times and I don't think I have ever seen it completely filled -- although we tended to wait until later, say 745 so it would be quieter -- it is right off the main walkway in the Sassagoula Steamboat Building (aka the main building) so there is a lot of ambient noise with people coming and going to Riverside Mill (food court) and Fulton's (gift shop).

Tom

Can you do online check in for multiple linked rooms, or must you make an online profile for a guest staying in each room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter