Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to make a oct 7 lunch res at BOG at a 12-12:20 window using the link and entering in my magic band number. There were dates available for 10/10 also at 1:30 or so. I don't get any confirmation number, and it does not show up on the my Disney experience app, but I plan to print out the reservation as proof. I was even able to order the food ahead of time, which won't be finalized until you pay for it there. I had been checking this regularly, and the link didn't show up until this wk, so it
Looks like they're only booking 2wks in advance. It did not seem to affect the other fastpass+ selections for that day. Anybody experience the fastpass+ lunch service in person? Does it count towards the three selections that day, and is BOG accepting these res made on the separate site?

Good idea printing out the reservation - ours isn't showing up on MDE either, and no confirmation #. We leave in 36 days and were able to customize bands (about 3 weeks ago), book FP+, reserve BOG lunch for 11/2 last night (gave us a 15 minute window) and also The Main Street Electrical Parade. The MSEP says 'Reminder, this is not a reservation' at the bottom but it does say 'Event for 8 people, Central Plaza viewing' so I'll have to read up on that one and what to do, where to go, etc. So excited, this is our first time staying POR and really looking forward to it.
We are traveling with 3 other family members and have 2 reservations booked - I've been logging in and out of MDE under my username and then logging in under my parents' username to try and coordinate fp+ times. Sometimes it takes a couple of in-and-outs but I've been able to match us all up. My folks would not have been up for doing all of this ;)

I was able to book BOG for lunch for our trip Nov 2-9 a few days ago, and last night was able to customize our Magic Bands, as well as having FP+ open for us!!!
:cool1::cool1:

I am not really impressed with the FP+ process because even if you really only want one or two passes for a certain day/park, the system forces 3 on you.
Since this is our first adults only trip, DH and I plan of a nice relaxing laid back back approach and do not want to be scheduled out the wazoo.
It seems unfair to have to hold extra fastpasses that I don't want, when someone else who really wants them could be utilizing those spots.

BTW.....for those of Nov folks still having a hard time getting MDE to cooperate, try the modify checkin,log out, log in process.I had to mess around doing that several times before "customize"appeared for me.
I have also read that the Google Chrome browser seems to be working best.

I was able to book BOG for lunch for our trip Nov 2-9 a few days ago, and last night was able to customize our Magic Bands, as well as having FP+ open for us!!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am not really impressed with the FP+ process because even if you really only want one or two passes for a certain day/park, the system forces 3 on you.
Since this is our first adults only trip, DH and I plan of a nice relaxing laid back back approach and do not want to be scheduled out the wazoo.
It seems unfair to have to hold extra fastpasses that I don't want, when someone else who really wants them could be utilizing those spots.

BTW.....for those of Nov folks still having a hard time getting MDE to cooperate, try the modify checkin,log out, log in process.I had to mess around doing that several times before "customize"appeared for me.
I have also read that the Google Chrome browser seems to be working best.

Don't eat the cornish hen... Still having bad memories with that.

I'm checking in to POR on November 18th and I just noticed today on MDE that I can customize my magic bands! So I guess that means we will have them in November!!

We're arriving on Nov 16 and I just checked and can book FP+ and can customize my bands! Granted, one of my party members are not on my FP and I can only customize 2 (of 6) bands but, YAY!

YAY!!! Me too! Doing the Disney happy dance this morning :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I posted this on the FP+ thread, but am getting impatient so I thought I'd ask here too... ! I was able to set up my FP+ selections for November. However, I can't set up any FP+ for one linked member of our party because it says this person is not eligible for My Magic +. It is my FIL and he has a room booked with my MIL and I can get FP+ for her. Any ideas?

I was able to make a oct 7 lunch res at BOG at a 12-12:20 window using the link and entering in my magic band number. There were dates available for 10/10 also at 1:30 or so. I don't get any confirmation number, and it does not show up on the my Disney experience app, but I plan to print out the reservation as proof. I was even able to order the food ahead of time, which won't be finalized until you pay for it there. I had been checking this regularly, and the link didn't show up until this wk, so it
Looks like they're only booking 2wks in advance. It did not seem to affect the other fastpass+ selections for that day. Anybody experience the fastpass+ lunch service in person? Does it count towards the three selections that day, and is BOG accepting these res made on the separate site?

We ate ate BOG on 9/7 using a FP+. We also did not receive a confirmation number and it didn't show up on My Disney Experience. We arrived about 10 minutes early and were seated right away after confirming the orders we had placed when making the reservation. It does not count towards the other selections made that day for FP+.

Downtown Disney Questions:

How late are things open on Sunday evenings?

Is there a bus service to DTD from the parks?

Thanks!

I posted this on the FP+ thread, but am getting impatient so I thought I'd ask here too... ! I was able to set up my FP+ selections for November. However, I can't set up any FP+ for one linked member of our party because it says this person is not eligible for My Magic +. It is my FIL and he has a room booked with my MIL and I can get FP+ for her. Any ideas?

I would call tech support and see whats happening. Have both confirmation numbers handly. I had the same problem and tech support at Disney took care of it.
They are extremely helpful :)
Good Luck

Only 4 days left to check in and we just switched to a king room. I'm putting together the fax request and I wanted to know if you guys think asking for a preferred location would be too much to ask?

From what I've been reading, a lot of people prefer the second floor. Can you hear a lot of footsteps if you are on the first floor?

Only 4 days left to check in and we just switched to a king room. I'm putting together the fax request and I wanted to know if you guys think asking for a preferred location would be too much to ask?

From what I've been reading, a lot of people prefer the second floor. Can you hear a lot of footsteps if you are on the first floor?

We requested second floor but were given a ground floor room. We received an upgraded view and location though so I was fine with it. We never once heard footsteps above us or any of our neighbors for that matter.

There are King Bed rooms within buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27 (which are the buildings where the Preferred Location rooms are situated). They are all still classed as King Bed category though (not 'preferred') so you can definitely request those, and it would not even be considered an upgrade.

Heck, you could even ask for a river view if you want, which would most likely give you an even better location. See my floorplan maps (links in the first post, or via www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php) and any of the purple rooms fall within your booking category.

Andre

Downtown Disney Questions:

How late are things open on Sunday evenings?

Is there a bus service to DTD from the parks?

Thanks!

I don't know the hours of the top of my head but there is no bus service to DTD from parks you have to go to any resort and then catch a bus to DTD there. If you did catch the bus to POFQ or POR you could either catch a bus to DTD or Boat depending on the time.

There are King Bed rooms within buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27 (which are the buildings where the Preferred Location rooms are situated). They are all still classed as King Bed category though (not 'preferred') so you can definitely request those, and it would not even be considered an upgrade.

Heck, you could even ask for a river view if you want, which would most likely give you an even better location. See my floorplan maps (links in the first post, or via................. and any of the purple rooms fall within your booking category.

Andre

Thank you for being so helpful Andre!

:cool1::cool1:

A suggestion: Change the 3rd FP+ to something that doesn't really need a FP, that way your extra that you cannot get rid of will not be taking up a spot on a popular ride. Thanks for wanting to free one up for others! Can you not change the FP+ and delete it?

We stayed 9 nights in a 1st floor Oak Manor Royal Room. Twice in the morning we could hear footfalls above us. Not that irritating but definitely noticable. It didn't bother us. Probably young children getting ready to go to the parks for the first day. There would be no way to keep them quiet and still. ;) That is why I take a first floor. I wouldn't want to bother someone with my dancing about. :lmao:

Here now sitting @ boatwrights there's a lot of reading I need 2 do 2 catch up lol love the atmosphere here, we are eatin our cornbread and listening 2 yeehaw Bob and just wanted to let everybody know there is a slow cooked braised short rib on the menu....waitress said it was new as of today?!

It was Soooo gd!

Got here today, requested mansions top floor. Didn't get top floor, but we got upgraded to a royal room!!! The checkin lady said it was nice to see someone excited for it. Apparently my bouncing and ear to ear grin gave it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter