Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as your reservations are linked, and you have asked for nearby rooms, they should normally put you all into the same building. You can always fax them before you arrive to confirm too.

Andre[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! I really like that this forum is always so friendly and positive.

Hmmmn, maybe I should send them in today. I figured 10 days out was too early and it might get lost in the shuffle.

Doing the single digit dance :banana::banana::banana::banana:
9 days to go and we'll be enjoying the Florida sun.

Preparing my fax this weekend to send on Tuesday. ;)
So many things to do in these last days...

When you all send it in, it is best to do it early in the morning between 8:30 AM and 1 PM. Then call in which I have the number, to confirm they have the fax and that perhaps can they please pass it on to the Room Assignment Managers Desk. Lol remember to say pretty please lol. Not Really just be nice when asking and I bet you get some magic by that.

Ok- headed back in may, and I'm going to be booking in the next few days. I've been pouring over the site, and I'm trying to figure out- is there such a thing as a king bed in a preferred river view corner room? If so, what category would I book, and what are the chances of being able to get that room? Lol...if not, what would I drop? Don't get me wrong, I may just book standard again. I've also thought about upgrading to a royal room, but the ab was just so nice! DGF says we should probably try something new tho...thoughts?

Sorry, I think some posts got away from me with all the new-thread happiness going on. :)

If you want a King Bed, you should book King Bed and then request the other stuff. If you book River View then technicallly you won't be able to get a king bed, although if they are not full then you could always try requesting it and see what happens. Both King Bed and River View override the building numbering system, so you can get either of those types in buildings 14 and 27.

Take a look at the floorplans for the Alligator Bayou buildings, there's a link in the Rooms post (#5) at the start of this thread. All of the King Bed rooms are in purple. The only room that perfectly matches what you are asking for is 2728, but there are also a couple in building 38 that would be quite nice too.

Andre

We are so clost to being at POR and I can't wait! We check in next Saturday! :cool1:

And, Andre, so happy you were able to get this up before your own vacation! Hope you enjoy!

Venomhatch, I sent you a PM, I do hope you got it!

Thank you both for all of your information, help, and dedication!

I have been reading the thread for a while now, but never post. Glad you got the new one started before your trip.

Here is my question. We are booked May 19-26 in preferred location using a PIN. We have decided to fly instead of drive, so am now trying to add a day, May 18, to my ressie. There are no preferred rooms left with the PIN. I can book a single night, preferred room, but will have to check out/back in. Or, I can upgrade all nights to river view or downgrade all nights to garden view. What are your suggestions? How difficult is check out/back in? What is the likelihood I will have to switch rooms? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AmyBaud -

We are going to be there from May 19-26 too!!! I have a 7 year old, who will be 8 on our trip! Maybe we'll run into each other.

I have a question about the buses for Port Orleans Riverside. We stayed at Coronado Springs and we were quite far from the main building. In the mornings we were able to go to the nearest bus stop and the bus would always stop at the main bus stop. We could then go to the food court for breakfast. We could then use the main bus stop to head to the parks.

Is this how the bus system for this resort works. I assume we will be far from the food court and pool since we are not getting a preferred location. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Just found this thread and love it! We are a family of 5 staying at POR in a preferred room August 7 -18. We have a special needs child so we are requesting the room get steamed\deep clean. Can any room get the special cleaning or is it limited to certain rooms? TIA

StaceyTX said:
AmyBaud -

We are going to be there from May 19-26 too!!! I have a 7 year old, who will be 8 on our trip! Maybe we'll run into each other.

How exciting to turn 8 at Disney. I am getting super excited!! This is the first time mine will get to ride the big roller coasters!! Maybe we WILL run into each other! I am hoping that since everything is planned I WON'T be the one wearing the crazed expression, but instead the one with the happy, calm one. By the way, my son is also 7. He'll be the one begging to stay longer in the pool!!

I've been trying to read every post to avoid asking the same questions that have already been asked, but I'm afraid I may have missed something I'm wondering about. Is everyone getting a response to the room requests that they are faxing in? And if so, about how long does it usually take? 3 more sleeps and then we'll be at POR!:cheer2:

msdaisy said:
I have a question about the buses for Port Orleans Riverside. We stayed at Coronado Springs and we were quite far from the main building. In the mornings we were able to go to the nearest bus stop and the bus would always stop at the main bus stop. We could then go to the food court for breakfast. We could then use the main bus stop to head to the parks.

Is this how the bus system for this resort works. I assume we will be far from the food court and pool since we are not getting a preferred location. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

The south depot is the main bus stop. Very easy to get breakfast at the food court and catch a bus after. Check out the map at the beginning of the thread.

I've been trying to read every post to avoid asking the same questions that have already been asked, but I'm afraid I may have missed something I'm wondering about. Is everyone getting a response to the room requests that they are faxing in? And if so, about how long does it usually take? 3 more sleeps and then we'll be at POR!:cheer2:

i faxed in a request and never got a response, but when i checked in i got all my requests, except the king bed (which i pretty much knew i wouldn't get). so if you don't hear from them it doesn't necessarily mean you aren't getting your requests!!

i faxed in a request and never got a response, but when i checked in i got all my requests, except the king bed (which i pretty much knew i wouldn't get). so if you don't hear from them it doesn't necessarily mean you aren't getting your requests!!

Same with us. I didn't get a reply but our requests were met.

Same with us. I didn't get a reply but our requests were met.

Thanks! I won't worry about it too much, then.

82 days to go! Don't know why but 83 sounds so close, and still so much to do!!!!

Haha! I know what you mean! I logged into my Disney account today and when I saw the "92 days to go" I had a mini panic attack! Better start making my to-do and packing lists. :banana:

We are so clost to being at POR and I can't wait! We check in next Saturday! :cool1:

And, Andre, so happy you were able to get this up before your own vacation! Hope you enjoy!

Venomhatch, I sent you a PM, I do hope you got it!

Thank you both for all of your information, help, and dedication!

I just logged on, and I am going over them now.

Grumpy Grandma said:
I'm one of those lurkers who always reads this thread but almost never posts on it. We spent 5 wonderful nights at POR in January. Always one of my favorite resorts! :thumbsup2 Great thread ... thanks!

My husband and I were also there in January (14-20) It was amazing!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter