Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lurked on the board for a little while, but I thought I would make my first post to announce that my family has just booked its first Disney World vacation! We will be visiting from 5/28-6/4 and staying in the Royal Room Standard at POR. My daughter will turn 6 the week after we leave and my son will be 4. We are very excited! Thanks for providing such awesome resources to this board!

alhurricane said:
I've lurked on the board for a little while, but I thought I would make my first post to announce that my family has just booked its first Disney World vacation! We will be visiting from 5/28-6/4 and staying in the Royal Room Standard at POR. My daughter will turn 6 the week after we leave and my son will be 4. We are very excited! Thanks for providing such awesome resources to this board!

Sounds like a great trip!

Sounds like a great trip! We will be there 5/25 to 6/1. We are getting close to the double digit countdown!

It's very exciting! We haven't told our kids yet. Trying to figure out the best way to surprise them. :)

This may be a silly question, but I will ask anyway. I just logged into the 'My Disney Experience Page' and it correctly has our resort reservation details. However, I cannot find my confirmation for the 6 day park tickets. All it says is MYW Package. It is listed as a 6 day ticket in my email confirmation, so I am not too worried, but found it strange it is not explicitly listed on the webpage. Any ideas or thoughts?

Getting excited for our trip! Our flight leaves in 51 days. I am looking forwrd to our first stay at POR.

Great information on this thread:thumbsup2

Ok- headed back in may, and I'm going to be booking in the next few days. I've been pouring over the site, and I'm trying to figure out- is there such a thing as a king bed in a preferred river view corner room? If so, what category would I book, and what are the chances of being able to get that room? Lol...if not, what would I drop? Don't get me wrong, I may just book standard again. I've also thought about upgrading to a royal room, but the ab was just so nice! DGF says we should probably try something new tho...thoughts?

Just thought of another question. Since we are having to book a single night PR before our 7 night stay (PR) - no dining plan - and we have to check-out and check back in, do I need to wait to buy the refillable resort mugs until our main stay? Or will they work for all 8 nights? Don't want to have to buy two sets! Just a little freaked out because we've never had to book like this before. Thanks in advance!

alhurricane said:
It's very exciting! We haven't told our kids yet. Trying to figure out the best way to surprise them. :)

This may be a silly question, but I will ask anyway. I just logged into the 'My Disney Experience Page' and it correctly has our resort reservation details. However, I cannot find my confirmation for the 6 day park tickets. All it says is MYW Package. It is listed as a 6 day ticket in my email confirmation, so I am not too worried, but found it strange it is not explicitly listed on the webpage. Any ideas or thoughts?

When we took our 4 year old, we surprised him. We drove and I had a large Mickey doll, wearing Mickey ears and a Disney t-shirt sitting in his car seat the morning we left.

A lot of progress in one day! Good night everyone.

P.S. If you do not get back a response from your room fax then PM me and ill see what I can do to help.

When we took our 4 year old, we surprised him. We drove and I had a large Mickey doll, wearing Mickey ears and a Disney t-shirt sitting in his car seat the morning we left.

That's a great idea! I'm not sure I have the will power to hold back for 3 months, but it would make for one heck of a surprise!

I was wondering if I could get some advise please. My niece is a CM and will be booking me two nights next week at POR. She actually works there, how lucky is she.

It will be 3 of us, DH, me and our DS17. I really want to stay in one of the Mansions. She can get us a Garden View room.

Do we have any chance of being in that area. I like Alligator Bay but would really like something new since we will only be there two night. I don't even care about the walk. You will never hear me say that ever again.

Any suggestions. I usually get an accessible room but will forgo it to get into the Mansion area.

Thanks for anyone who can help.:)

Can you believe my ticker. It has taken forever to get here....now only 2 short weeks!!!!

I was wondering if I could get some advise please. My niece is a CM and will be booking me two nights next week at POR. She actually works there, how lucky is she.

It will be 3 of us, DH, me and our DS17. I really want to stay in one of the Mansions. She can get us a Garden View room.

Do we have any chance of being in that area. I like Alligator Bay but would really like something new since we will only be there two night. I don't even care about the walk. You will never hear me say that ever again.

Any suggestions. I usually get an accessible room but will forgo it to get into the Mansion area.

Thanks for anyone who can help.:)

Just request to be placed in the mansions and make it your only request.

Hello everyone. I've been stalking these boards and threads for quite some time but am finally posting.

We just now hit the 100 day mark until our Disney vacation, anniversary, and birthday celebration. We are a family of 5 and will be staying at POR and I cannot wait! :yay:

You all have been so helpful with all the information that you have provided. Thanks so much!

We have booked two adjoining rooms starting June 1st.

Is it any more difficult to get adjoining rooms in Alligator Bayou than in the mansions?

We really prefer to be in the Alligator section.

We have booked two adjoining rooms starting June 1st.

Is it any more difficult to get adjoining rooms in Alligator Bayou than in the mansions?

We really prefer to be in the Alligator section.

Do you just want adjoining rooms, meaning next to one another with no interior door between them? Or do you want connecting rooms that are next to one another with an interior door connecting the two? I'm only asking so you have a better chance of getting what you really want.

Also, adjoining and connecting rooms are only requests not a bookable category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter