Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following again.

Hoping to get some insights I don't know about and share some experiences that might help people.

Does anyone know how late the buses run from Downtown Disney compared to the water taxi?

I'm wondering in case we miss the last boat.

If you book an extra night then yes you will have to checkout/checkin at the front desk sometime during your changeover day, but if you make sure that your two reservations are listed as linked/continuing, then it's most unlikely they will ask you to change rooms, you'll just need to have your keycards updated. The only possible problem is if you are on a dining plan, etc. as that won't carry over in the second reservation.

38 sounds like a good choice, it's really not that long a walk to the main buildings (5 minutes tops, probably less). You can get buses from the South Depot or the outer ones, but personally I've always taken EMH buses from South. You should be OK at the other stops though if you want to try that.

As long as your reservations are linked, and you have asked for nearby rooms, they should normally put you all into the same building. You can always fax them before you arrive to confirm too.

Andre

Thanks Andre. I am not on the dining plan so that shouldn't be a problem. So, if the check-out/ check-in isn't a big deal. I think I will risk having to switch rooms, so I can keep my preferred location ressie. I would hate to be FAR from the main building for 9 days and with my luck, that's exactly what would happen. Such a quick response too. You guys are great!! Thanks Now, I just have to count down my remaining days. I will probably have more questions as it gets closer. We have never stayed here before. Getting so excited.

Just discovered this thread! It's so very helpful! :)

My family will be staying at POR April 1-6, and this is really our first full vacation stay here! I have a quick question about the bus system. We have never stayed at a Disney resort that has multiple bus stops within the same resort. I am wondering how that works? Do you find that it is best to walk to the main bus stop, if it's not too far? Will you usually be able to get a seat on the bus if you are waiting at the last stop on the bus route through the resort?

We normally stay at the Swan and Dolphin, and we've had rough experiences with the bus system there. Basically - you never really can tell if you will get a seat on the bus because the Swan&Dolphin are picked up last. Frequently, the resort is skipped over entirely if the bus fills up before getting there.

This may have already been answered - and if so, please excuse my newbie-ness! Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

Thank you for the new home!!

We are officially at 9 more sleeps to go today:cool1:
I think I read it is best to fax in requests around 5 days out? That's my plan anyway. Our request is just to hopefully be on a higher floor and in one of the Standard rooms that doesn't face the parking lot. I'll be fine no matter what happens though. Just thought I would try. I am getting so excited!!
You'd think that would mean I was packing already but that daunting task is still ahead of me;)

So excited after looking at all the photos of POR on the photo thread!!! The hotel and grounds look awesome!!!

I missed page 1; perhaps because I'm having too much fun at EPCOT! It is so civilized here today, especially when compared to the chaos of the MK yesterday.

Sitting here by Miyuki's candy art demonstration spot ready to watch her do her magic with taffy in a few minutes.

I'm one of those lurkers who always reads this thread but almost never posts on it. We spent 5 wonderful nights at POR in January. Always one of my favorite resorts! :thumbsup2 Great thread ... thanks!

Yay!! A new thread! Thanks, Andre :worship::worship:

We still have 114 days to go :eek: So I love having this thread to keep me excited while I wait! I did NOT know about the POR photo thread mentioned by a PP, so I'll definitely have to go find it now :thumbsup2

Thanks for the new thread Andre!! I'm so jealous of all of you who are going soon. Have a great trip.

If this thread keeps up the way the other one ended, Andre may have to create another one when he back from WDW. :)

looking for some advice - we are staying in a RR in May. We really can't afford to upgrade any more than a standard. My mom is coming with us and has arthritis in her legs, we originally going to do a preferred room to make things easier for her but she insisted we get the RR for the kids. What should we request in order to get as close as possible to main building? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter