Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are hyper sensitive and always pay attention to who was there before us and make sure to make a point of letting them on before us. However, I would say MOST people aren't like us. I am not a glass half empty person, at all, but it was a little frustrating to have been standing there for 20 minutes and have someone walk up as a bus was arriving and just push up to the front without any regard for people already there (especially when the bus arriving was almost full and we knew their pushing to the front meant we'd be waiting 20 more minutes for another bus :( )

We are the same way, and people are quite often surprised when we let people who were there before us get on before us. But thats how it can be if there is a horizontal line of people, or just a kinda weird group, depending where the bus stops and where its doors are especially.

Glad there are other people like us out there ;)

I guess we just don't care all that much though, we are still going to get there, and I would rather not add the stress of worrying whether we will get a "good spot" on the bus .... meh.

I guess the trick is to stay near the kerbside where the bus will pull up. If you decide to take the weight off your feet (very tempting!) and sit on the benches, people will naturally get in front of you.

It's like waiting for a Disney parade - if you want to be at the front, you have to sit right there on the kerbside, not on the benches a few yards back, because people will fill in all the gaps.

Andre

Oh, trust me, we don't sit on the benches, but it's still a tricky situation. Example: We walk up and there are people sitting on the benches, so we hang back, not wanting to stand on the curb and cut in front of them. We wait a while and then a bus pulls up. People walk right up, past us, past the people on the benches, and get on the bus.

We are the same way, and people are quite often surprised when we let people who were there before us get on before us. But thats how it can be if there is a horizontal line of people, or just a kinda weird group, depending where the bus stops and where its doors are especially.

Glad there are other people like us out there ;)

I guess we just don't care all that much though, we are still going to get there, and I would rather not add the stress of worrying whether we will get a "good spot" on the bus .... meh.

Aw, Yay! :grouphug: I'm so glad to know there are other caring people out there like us! We don't really let it get to us too much and actually prefer to stand on the bus, but when it's happened SO many times and there have been some really rude incidents it creates that negative connotation when someone brings it up, you know? ;)

So excited to have my first disboards post!

My daughter and I are leaving in 2 weeks for POR, and have booked a royal room. I have a room request question, and hope someone can help me out.

We've booked a standard view room, but I'm going to try and request a quiet room away from the stairs (my daughter is the world's lightest sleeper) - does anyone have any specific room or location suggestions?

Thanks so much!

My daughter and I are leaving in 2 weeks for POR, and have booked a royal room. I have a room request question, and hope someone can help me out.

We've booked a standard view room, but I'm going to try and request a quiet room away from the stairs (my daughter is the world's lightest sleeper) - does anyone have any specific room or location suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Welcome to DIS Boards pixiedust:

I am a little jealous I still have a month to wait !!!

If you head to portorleans.org they have full maps it room numbers and stair locations I think !!!

Friday or Saturday morning would be fine. It's not a science or a military operation though, don't overthink it

Andre

:lmao: You don't know me!! LOL I'm type A and I overthink and over plan like crazy!! Thanks! I'll send it Saturday. I appreciate all of your great advice!

But stephyarcouette got 6 hard tags for a group of 4, which isn't 2 tags per person.

I think I understand what happened...my kids' ages were mixed up so when I called to inquire about something I had them change the mix up, but now my info on my Mickey Mail says I have 4 kids!! On my online reservation it still says 2 adults 2 kids so I should be ok right?

Thanks so much!

Very exciting! We go to POR for our first time in 3 weeks! I just wanted to add that my son is also a very light sleeper as am I and last year at Wilderness Lodge I just requested a room in a quiet location for naps and early bedtimes. We got the perfect quiet room there! It might be best to request a quiet room and maybe top floor so no one is above you......the POR experts might have better advice with more specifics though!

All resorts have ice machines. Check out the maps here and click on each individual building and you'll be able to see where the machines are located.

Perfect! Thanks!! I can't believe that all this time I didn't realize you could click on the building for the floor plan!!! Duh! I was wondering how people could request certain rooms!! Thanks a bunch!! :cheer2:

I stayed at Old Key West ... they had a wonderful Jetted tub in the master room. It was really more like a jaccuzzi. After a long day at the parks myself and the dd's sat there, myself inside the girls with their feet in. It was heavenly
old-key-west-resort-villa-g23-sq.jpg

Thank you ;)
I will look into that for my next trip hoping to go when it is all decorated for Christmas

Oh, trust me, we don't sit on the benches, but it's still a tricky situation. Example: We walk up and there are people sitting on the benches, so we hang back, not wanting to stand on the curb and cut in front of them. We wait a while and then a bus pulls up. People walk right up, past us, past the people on the benches, and get on the bus.

Aw, Yay! :grouphug: I'm so glad to know there are other caring people out there like us! We don't really let it get to us too much and actually prefer to stand on the bus, but when it's happened SO many times and there have been some really rude incidents it creates that negative connotation when someone brings it up, you know? ;)

I take the train to work and this is pretty much a daily occurance for me. So that's probably why we don't use the buses at Disney and we always have a rental car.

Please help me decide. The summer sale would save us about $400 if we switched from our current reservation at POFQ to a "preferred" room reservation at POR. Need advice on the rooms, location, etc that would help me decide. Is POFQ nicer? updated? more convenient? Please help!!!!!

This would be an easy decision for me: POR preferred view.

I like POR due to its beautiful grounds and serene atmoshpere, which IMHO is not there at at POFQ. And with a preferred view, you are close to the main pool, Riverside Mill food court, and the building with the hotel front desk.

I have stayed at many Disney resorts, from value to moderate to deluxe to villas, and POR is my favorite resort for the reasons cited above.

Perfect! Thanks!! I can't believe that all this time I didn't realize you could click on the building for the floor plan!!! Duh! I was wondering how people could request certain rooms!! Thanks a bunch!! :cheer2:

I wouldn't recommend it because if the room you want isn't available they're not going to know why you wanted it and therefore aren't going to know what a suitable substitute would be. (And actually, Andre just recently added the floor plans.)

I wouldn't recommend it because if the room you want isn't available they're not going to know why you wanted it and therefore aren't going to know what a suitable substitute would be. (And actually, Andre just recently added the floor plans.)

Though you can do both, request your general requests and then add specific rooms with "If it would be at all possible, we would especially love room --- --- or --- "

:)

I wasn't going to ask for a specific room. It doesn't really matter to me. I will just request a building.

Hi all - I have a random question about an upcoming trip. I've booked the 'Magic your Way' program which includes free disney quest admission, free mini golf, that kinda stuff. I was wondering if anyone knows when we get those passes/discounts? Is it when we check in at POR?

thanks!

It took 28 minutes and 25 gift cards, but my package is paid off AND we applied the summer discount. Woohoo! 107 days out! I hate that the website is so janky I couldn't make payments on it. I just put a poor phone rep through adding in all those giftcards. She sure was cheerful about it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter