Port Orleans FQ vs. Riverside

mebedisney

Earning My Ears
I just discovered DIS tonight and have already become addicted. We're planning a trip in Oct. '06 and are looking at the moderate Port Orleans resorts. We'll be travelling with 2 kids (8 & 5). Can anyone recommend one over the other?

We have stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside and like it!! It is very nice and there are a lot of things to do there. I think the riverside is prettier than the french quarter but they are about the same. You can fish, take carriage rides, rent a boat, the pools and walking around the trails. It is a nice place to stay. :goofy: :goofy:

We like the French Quarter. We've stayed there twice now. My sons 12 & 7 love the pool. These two resorts share buses and French Quarter guests are always picked up first on the way to the Parks and always dropped off first on the way back to the Resorts.

I love both resorts, but with the ages of your children I would recommend POFQ. It is a much smaller resort so you will be closer to the food court. The pool area is geared toward smaller children too. :)

I concur with the POFQ over POR because it is smaller it is so convenient to everything. The size of the rooms was very nice but the location of the rooms to the food court and bus stop was priceless. You are first stop to get picked up and the first dropped off, and believe me if you spend a day in any of the parks you will welcome that fact and the fact that you don't have much further to walk to relieve your feet! This year we are wearing Crocs!

Don't be in such a rush that you don't take the boat to DTD, and this won't matter if you decide on POFQ or POR. The ride is leisurely and relaxing.

Disney Crazy Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter