Port arrival time

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
Hey

We are going to AKL then doing the three night dream cruise in December

I have been reading some people don't get there until 2.30pm

I really don't want to be arriving that late and missing lunch etc as it's only a three night cruise as it is

I have already paid for dcl transfers but would I be better changing it to airport to port and just getting a taxi to the airport

If I do that what time do buses start going from the airport.

Really don't want to be getting there to late, bit of a shame as it would have been easier from AKL

Any advice ?

What's the airport? You are going to be at AKL on the day of sailing? For a 3 day cruise, I would definitely get an earlier PAT. They start boarding around 1145am-1200pm. People have said that they walk right on after 1230ish.

As far as transportation, I would take Mears or Uber from AKL. No need to go to the airport.

The one and only time we used Disney's ground transfer from WDW, we were scheduled for a noon bus, but there were so many people being loaded, (this was when DCL buses only picked up from 2 or 3 hotels) we didn't get on a bus until after 1pm. We got on the ship around 3pm, and we were told the buffet had closed. We have always gotten ourselves to the port after that. That being said, I do believe Disney picks up at all the hotels now. Your bus will more than likely be stopping at different resorts, so that will take time, too.

I would get the transfers refunded and just Uber/Lyft from the resort. If you still choose to go the taxi to MCO then DCL bus route, they start checking in at 9 and departing continuously around 9:30, once the first bus is full. Some have reported in the last month that the first bus left a bit later, maybe around 10, so guests wouldn’t have to wait as long in the terminal.

For a 3 day cruise I would definitely want to get onboard as soon as possible. Yes, the airport to port buses leave earlier but can be hassle getting to the airport. Just book a towncar or uber, etc. from AKL right to the port and get there for 10:00 am when the port opens.

MJ

I booked to through Disney travel company here in the UK so if I lower my package I get changed a £50 admin fee just over 60 dollars so I am a bit stuck

How much roughly is a Uber from AKL to Airport or how much from AKL to PC

I’m thinking just get taxi to airport as I have already paid it. Just hope it’s not a lot of hassle at the airport

If I take transport from AKL when do u think I should expect to get in at 🤷‍♂️

How much roughly is a Uber from AKL to Airport or how much from AKL to PC

I’m thinking just get taxi to airport as I have already paid it. Just hope it’s not a lot of hassle at the airport

If I take transport from AKL when do u think I should expect to get in at 🤷‍♂️
Both Uber and Lyft offer estimates on their sites. Lyft mentions 75$ (regular) - 120$ (LyftXL) from AKL and 55$-84$ from MCO, but those are subject to price surges based on demand.

Navigating from the ride share stop to DCL check-in in MCO will not be a hassle. They are next to each other, on the same floor of the same terminal. It will be a 2 minute walk.

You can’t predict your arrival time using the DCL shuttle from the resort. The routing and pick-up time varies each cruise. Expect to arrive no sooner than 12:30 and up 2:30PM. Others may have come in sooner or later in the past, but those are exceptions.

Both Uber and Lyft offer estimates on their sites. Lyft mentions 75$ (regular) - 120$ (LyftXL) from AKL and 55$-84$ from MCO, but those are subject to price surges based on demand.

Navigating from the ride share stop to DCL check-in in MCO will not be a hassle. They are next to each other, on the same floor of the same terminal. It will be a 2 minute walk.

You can’t predict your arrival time using the DCL shuttle from the resort. The routing and pick-up time varies each cruise. Expect to arrive no sooner than 12:30 and up 2:30PM. Others may have come in sooner or later in the past, but those are exceptions.

Ok thanks

So how much roughly am I from AKL to the airport

I take it there is no way I can find out the bus time at AKL in advance then if I am not happy with the time just get it from the airport
Nope. The time is determined the day before. By then, you are expected to be on the bus from the resort since you are on their manifest. I’m not sure you can just show up at MCO by then.

Nope. The time is determined the day before. By then, you are expected to be on the bus from the resort since you are on their manifest. I’m not sure you can just show up at MCO by then.

Ok thanks for the info

Really don’t no what to do.

If you want to use your DCL transfer from MCO, you can take the Magical Express from AKL to the airport. There’s no fee for the transfer, but you’ll have to make up a flight time so you’re scheduled on a Magical Express bus that will get you to the airport as early as you’d like.

If you want to use your DCL transfer from MCO, you can take the Magical Express from AKL to the airport. There’s no fee for the transfer, but you’ll have to make up a flight time so you’re scheduled on a Magical Express bus that will get you to the airport as early as you’d like.

Good idea Never even thought of that.

How long do the reckon it will take

I booked it all as a package so disney will see I don’t have a flight that day. Will that still work 🤔

Good idea Never even thought of that.

How long do the reckon it will take

I booked it all as a package so disney will see I don’t have a flight that day. Will that still work 🤔
I think the bus is scheduled to pick up approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight. It will likely make multiple resort stops, so it could take an hour or so. It’s not the most efficient choice from a time point of view, but it is the least expensive way to get to MCO. If you want to be at MCO by 9, you may want to consider a flight time around 10:30 or so.

Whether Disney would know it’s a made up flight? I don’t know. Mears, not Disney, operates the Magical Express service, so they may not have access to your reservation details.

Last edited:

You don’t have to have a flight to use DME to the airport. Every onsite guest is allowed one trip Resort-> MCO. Just call DME and tell them what time you want to be at MCO. They will schedule you accordingly. Just know that you’ll have to schlep your bags a bit that morning (be sure your TA changes your DCL transfers to be riding from MCO).

Enjoy your cruise!

I take it there is no way I can find out the bus time at AKL in advance then if I am not happy with the time just get it from the airport
No, but the buses from WDW to Port Canaveral almost always arrive at port in the afternoon, not the morning. If you want an early arrival you should make other arrangements.

Ok think I’ll get the magical express about 8.30.

Get to the airport then get one of the first busses to the port

That way am not losing about 4 hours on the ship

Does anyone no how far away the magical express drop off at the airport is to the dcl bus to get to the port. Hopefully easy to find

Ok think I’ll get the magical express about 8.30.

Get to the airport then get one of the first busses to the port

That way am not losing about 4 hours on the ship
If your DME bus is scheduled to leave the resort at 8:30, you will not be on one of the first transfer buses to the port. It takes an hour for DME to get you to the airport, and buses will have started departing for port (with people already lined up for the next ones) by the time you arrive at the airport.

Nothing wrong with that, of course. You'll probably still board the ship before noon. But I just wanted you to be aware that you won't be among the very first onboard, & it probably will give you 2 or 3 extra hours onboard at most, not 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter