POR or Value Resorts?

Kristina685

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm hoping that you pros on this board can help me out a bit. I am trying to plan a fun extended weekend trip in Jan '14 for the BF and I. Neither of us have been to Disney in YEARS. The last time I was there I was in the 5th grade (I am now 28) so I am not quite sure what the pros/cons are of the resorts. :confused3

We're thinking of either staying at the All Star Movies resort or the Port Orleans Riverside resort. What are the pros/cons between these 2 resorts?? There's not a terrible difference in price for the 4 nights we'll be spending there so we're really up in the air. Can anyone help??? :) Much thanks!!

-Kristina

Having stayed at both places and the money angle isn't an issue, I would go with Port Orleans Riverside hands down. Port Orleans is a much prettier resort and feels much more quiet and relaxing to come back to after a day at the parks. A nice plus is that you can take a boat to Downtown Disney from POR; one place you don't have to take a bus to.

A couple without kids, definitely POR. Its GORGEOUS! Plus I love that boat to DTD....and the hot tub! The pool is more adult oriented, and the food court is better. If thats not enough, they have horse and carriage ride and bike rentals!

A big plus for me is the theme (I consider the All-Stars) garish and the lounge acts (Bob Jackson at PO-Riverside and Elliott Dyson @ PO-FQ. It is nice to come back from the parks and have live entertainment. Even the deluxes don't have this and it is a must every time we go. My wife and daughter just went to Braves spring training (no parks) and made a special trip to se Bob.

We're thinking of either staying at the All Star Movies resort or the Port Orleans Riverside resort. What are the pros/cons between these 2 resorts?? There's not a terrible difference in price for the 4 nights we'll be spending there so we're really up in the air.

-Kristina

187 pref at pOFQ
101 pref at asmo

w/tax - plus these are 2013 - 2014 rates will be higher

that to me is a difference.

por will have 2 queen beds - ASMO will have 2 double beds
POR will have a hot tub in the main pool. It also has several community pools. plus it is a sister resort to POFQ - so you can use their stuff too. It has a restuarant plus quick service (love it)

ASMO has one main pool and community pool - it is a sister resort to both ASMU & AS ST - that say everything is about the same in each. only quick service at value resorts. there is a Macdonald's you can walk too here. (miss the one in DD)

There is a big difference between moderate and value resorts..if the money isn't a huge difference go with moderate. There can be large tour groups in January so PO or POFQ would be a better choice for avoiding these groups!

Thanks so much for all your help! I think that since it's our first time back in years and we're a couple without kids, we are going to spend the extra money to stay at POR. The boat ride to DD sounds awesome! And having a quieter resort at the end of the day won't be so bad either. :) Again, thank you! You guys are great!

POR. Book now and when the discounts come out change the reservations to that offer. The discounts for a moderate is a little more than a value resort so you be saving a little more than you expected.

I agree with other posters - go with POR. We stayed at a value for two nights last week and I have to say I won't be signing up to do that again any time soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter