POR king bed question

joanng

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if both AB and Mansions sections both have king beds? I requested a king bed but want to be in AB section thought about it after the request?:confused3

When we stayed there, we had a king bed and stayed in the Magnolia Bend - Parterre Place. Not sure about other areas. I would call and ask.

Ya I've seen alot of the posts where the mansion section as it - I forgot to ask my TA - I'll give the resort a call- just wondered if anyone out there knew- thanks

AB does have some rooms w/ king beds. I know this because POR accidentally put me, DH, DS and other DS in a room with a king bed. We're a close family, but not that close. :rotfl:

And to POR's credit, they were able to immediately correct the problem and keep us in AB section which was where I really wanted to be.

Thanks Tink88 - glad to hear that they have the kings in that section and also glad they could move your fast. How did you like this resort? !st time staying here, have stayed at CBR, and AllStars but never POR. From all the reviews everyone seems to like it- Will be our 25th anniversary no kids this time, so looking forward to a quiet like resort after the parks all day.

Thanks Tink88 - glad to hear that they have the kings in that section and also glad they could move your fast. How did you like this resort? !st time staying here, have stayed at CBR, and AllStars but never POR. From all the reviews everyone seems to like it- Will be our 25th anniversary no kids this time, so looking forward to a quiet like resort after the parks all day.

We loved it here, DH & I stayed in Magnolia Bend back when this was Dixie Landings before our kids were born so we chose the AB section for something different. The rooms have a very rustic feel to them which I liked. I just love this resort - it IS really peaceful and quiet and the grounds are so pretty. I think this is a perfect resort for an anniversary trip. The walk from POR to POFQ would make a nice, scenic stroll. We also did the carriage ride (went from POR to POFQ and back for 35.00). We had our boys with us but it would definately be nice for you & your DH. There's also a piano player in the lounge (can't remember which night) that was a lot of fun. We caught the buses at the south depot by the main bldg and had no problems. If you get a chance, definately walk over to the food court at POFQ and try the beingets.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. I think you will really love it at POR. Can't say enough good things about it. :)

Thanks for the tips, we plan on doing the carriage ride , will call 90 days before to reserve according to other posts best way yo do it. Hate to ask but what is a beinget??? Thats why I picked this resort everyone says it is a good resort for couples, can't wait!!!

Beignets are a pastry specific to New Orleans. It's fried dough that puffs up when it's fried so it's hollow on the inside and then they put powdered sugar on them. Light, airy and sugary. Messy to eat but SO good and POFQ is the only place that I know of at Disney where you can get them. The bakery makes them fresh so sometimes you have to wait a little but so yummy. You can use a snack credit for either 3 or 6. Highly addictive - I couldn't get enough. We're going back down in Sept and I plan on making a special trip to POFQ to get some more. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter