POR answers directly from Kim at POR...

Dh called today we will be getting to POR 5/5 and they at POR said it is just the mansions that will be done first and all else, the main pool, food court, DTD boat and the buses will be fine and the guests will not be effected at all. He called CRO after and they said nothing was going on at POR just POFQ. He told the girl what he knew and she said"OH that explains the no availability!" She called someone else and said that what dh said was right and guests at POR would not notice a thing. So since even after Dh told them about our traveling with an Autistic child we were offered no upgrade ( it is true my nephew is autistic and the pool and food court are big issues for him.) I am thinking it may be a good thing - less crowded! So we are going with a hope for the best attitude!

I was told today that the two AB buildings that are next to the mansions will be closed so that the people staying at Riverside will not hear the working going on in the mansions. I think it is funny how many different stories we hear over one topic. We are booked for the AB rooms June 10-17. If they are going to move me, I hope they call soon.

Where can we learn the truth from Disney? I was going to write to Guest Relations myself and someone said they already did and received a generic letter back about POFQ.

I feel sorry for the CRO's because they are just doing what they are told to say or not to say. The lady I spoke to yesterday really did not know very much until I told her. She put me on hold for
about fifteen minutes at this point and I had to hang up.

We want to stay at POR on our July visit that is why we choose this resort. We really want to stay in Oak Manor because we love it...but if I have to listen to hammering all day long I don't want to stay there.

We will be spending a lot of time at the resort and not in the parks this trip.

The worst part of this whole thing is that I am the trip planner and my SIL is mad we are not staying at WL where we usually do, but my daughter has a baby and can't afford WL at this time. My daughter and her husband want to pay for their child's first vacation; it is important to them.

I am now starting to stress that she will be unhappy the whole week if something upsets her plans... and so will the rest of us.

If we could only find the truth we could go from there!

I understand how you feel Nathan's Grandma, We are planning the trip for our family and while no one acts like your SIL. My SIS has an autistic 3 year old and his sister is 3 also, and is worried about it being too hard to take them. I assured her with good planning it will be great. Max doesn't do well with chaos and he loves to swim so I was worried about the main pool. I just have kept my sis updated, I guess the SIL could move to WL maybe you'd all be better off.
:cool:

Melissa,

We have told them over and over to stay where they wanted and we would meet up everyday and my BIL said "no" they wanted to stay together." We love the rest of the family and have a great time with them. SIL is just never happy. They would really like to stay at GF and while it is a beautiful hotel it is not our kind of place.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter