POR answers directly from Kim at POR...

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
Hi everyone,

I just got off the phone with KIM from Riverside and this is what is going to be open after May 4th...

AB TEEN bldgs will be open... all other AB bldgs will be closed.
ONLY Mansions 90 and 95 will be open... all other Manions will be closed.

This leaves about 1000 rooms open. As of now, Bob will still be there. I didn't ask about anything else, but now that I think about it, I wonder if the boat will shut down.

Well, that should answer some questions. I, for one, will WAIT for any phone call. We did request bldg 27 when we made the original reservation so I wonder if we will get bumped or not.

Either way... We're going to Disney! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hey y'all!

I too decided to do some investigating when I read the other POR thread.... this was before I read this one. I called POR directly, spoke with the front desk, and got the response that RIVERSIDE would be starting renovations on the AB rooms in the 30's as well as the Acadian House and Magnolia Bend.

So, I call CRO to inquire about are ressie there. The reservationist starts on her spiel about it just being FQ and that Riverside would not be affected at all. I tell her that I talked to the front desk not 2 minutes before and they had told me otherwise. She said she'd have guest services call over to the front desk to confirm this. I held and held and held and she finally came back to say that Guest Relations had just talked to the front desk and that there were going to be NO renovations a POR anytime soon.

Again, Disney's right hand doesn't have the slightest idea about what it's left hand is doing.

Just thought I'd add this to the pile of junk about the PO renovations.

Jeff

Are you referring to my post as "a pile of junk"?

Since I was only trying to help somebody by posting some information that I received FROM Riverside directly, NOT CRO, I will take offense.

Sorry to add to the junk out there. I will keep any more information to myself.

Karen

I didn't take it that your post was meant as junk. I think they meant as throw it into the heap of junk that Disney is spieling at this time.
Hard to sort the treasures from the junk when no one can get the same story from Disney is all.
Here's PD for the POR guests!! *+*+*+**********++++ ;)

Oh, well... ok then. And here I thought I actually got the TRUTH!! lol... She sounded so knowledgable and HONEST! lol :(

I guess we will all just have to wait and see. What else are we going to do?

No zakatak, I was not referring to your post as junk. As Luv2Roam said, I was referring to Disney's responses.

I, personally, think you were given correct information and that CRO is the messed up one, but at this point: who knows?

Please post any furthur info you find on this fiasco, zakatak. Every little bit helps.

Jeff

My gut feeling is you may not be finding out the truth until guests go there and start reporting back.
Maybe someone should start a "When are you going to POR in May" thread and see how fast guests can report in.
Good luck!

This is all very interesting! I just made ressies last week for May 11 - 16 at POR. I tried to get 8 nights but was told POR was "sold out" for the remaining days as they were relocating people from POFQ to POR. No mention of any renovations at POR was made :( I guess we shall see when we get there as to what is going on as far as POR renovations. Glad to hear the "teen" buildings will be available as we are hoping for building 14 or 15! We made ressies for AKL at the $139 night rate for our last 3 nights:bounce: Hope we like it! It will be our first time in a deluxe resort:)

AB TEEN bldgs will be open
Well that doesn't make much sense, these are the buildings that need refurbishment the most since they are the most popular and get the most use. ~:confused:~

I will be there on Monday 28th April. I have requested building 14. I will do some digging and find out what I can. I hope the boat to DD is still running, we plan to use this, to go to DQ.
:D

Im getting worried. I am staying at POR may 7-13th somewhere in alligator bayou since we have 5 people in one room and need the trundle bed. I would hate to get there and find out that half the resort (POR side) is closed. On my first night there we have a dinner ressie at rainforest cafe and I planned on taking the boat over. I think I might give POR a call. OH, what is the TEEN building? thanks.
Kim

Thanks for all the information everyone is posting! I need to make additional ressies for my family of 5 and I am just gonna avoid POR all together.:confused:

If the boat to Downtown Disney is not running, would someone please post the info after they return. This was the main reason we chose POR this time because we have never been to DD and were planning on spending some time there this trip and thought it would be very convenient.

Reading these posts is making me nervous about our trip to POR in Oct...if they are planning to perhaps start some renovations over there too in May, they could be in full swing by Oct and really slow things down at this resort. I am wondering if we should switch our ressies now to something else to avoid any further hassels. Maybe we will get some more official info once May gets here and people start getting home from their May trips....

Just when you think that you have made some final decisions...you get a curve ball. Oh well it is the thrill of planning that I love ...it makes the waiting go faster :p :p :p

I was just thinking the same thing as our reservation is for 9/26/-10/05. I really don't mind some construction but I still want all the services at the pool/food court/boat to DD. I think it is very rude of Disney to keep everyone in the dark. If they would just give one straight answer then we all could go from there and decide what is best. Because we are a family of 5, we do not have any other "moderate" choices and I really love POR anyway. I hope everyone will report back with any information. Thanks everyone.

I just called Disney. I was assured that the boat to DD is still running, food courts are still open and amenities are as usual.:D

Originally posted by zakatak
Oh, well... ok then. And here I thought I actually got the TRUTH!! lol... She sounded so knowledgable and HONEST! lol :(

I guess we will all just have to wait and see. What else are we going to do?

In defense of Disney employees the majority are honest hard working people. The problem is this is a huge company with over 55,000 employees. The information that you are given is what that person knows at that particular moment.

As is the case with CRO. Most of those agents do not even work in Orlando, some are in Tampa and some are somewhere out West I think. They just answer the phone. Many have never even been to WDW. They can only tell you what is on their computer screen.

As to the info given to you by the CM at Riverside. That is probably what she knows right now. It is very likely that within 24 hours it will change and then maybe it will change again.

There is a division that handles all capital improvements to the resorts. Many times the General Manager of the resort is not even aware that plans are being made to start work at his or her resort until the last minute.

I am not saying this is a good plan, but it does explain why you get so many different versions of the same situation.

I have many friends that work for Disney and please realize that the person you are actually talking to and getting upset with, has absolutely no influence on any of these decisions. They are only the messengers.

The ones making the decisions are the ones you never get to complain too.

I called POR this morning and a man named John told me that the resort is not being refurbished at this time. I told him what I heard on the internet about some of the buildings closing and others remaining open. He said if that was the case then they would move me to another hotel. He told me my ressie for may 7-13th was safe and that the boats are still running to DD and all the restaurants at POR are all still open. So I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens when I get there.
Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter