Popeye's chicken sandwich, what the deal?

I had mayonnaise. I don't know what the Chick-fil-A sauce is. Perhaps I have to try it one more time. I'll bring my own bun though as the "best chicken place" uses really really bad buns that really detracted from the total enjoyment of the chicken.

Chick-Fil-A has several sauces in individual packets. The sandwiches themselves aren't supposed to be dressed with anything unless the customer decides to use a sauce.

sauce1web.jpg

That being said, Popeyes has even more, but some of them are just hot sauce. When I asked for hot sauce it was just Louisiana brand hot sauce in packets with that and the Popeyes logos.

348s.jpg

Chick-Fil-A has several sauces in individual packets. The sandwiches themselves aren't supposed to be dressed with anything unless the customer decides to use a sauce.

sauce1web.jpg

That being said, Popeyes has even more, but some of them are just hot sauce. When I asked for hot sauce it was just Louisiana brand hot sauce in packets with that and the Popeyes logos.

348s.jpg

The best CFA sauce is the honey roasted barbecue, that comes in packets. Also "Chick-fil-A Sauce" is not pictured. At Popeyes, the "Southern Sweet Heat" I think it's called is amazing!

The best CFA sauce is the honey roasted barbecue, that comes in packets. Also "Chick-fil-A Sauce" is not pictured. At Popeyes, the "Southern Sweet Heat" I think it's called is amazing!
Lower left. Red on white.

Lower left. Red on white.

Oh, I didn't realize it came in the little tubs. Still, the Honey Roasted Barbecue does come in little packets and seems to be almost a secret sauce. I swear when you ask for it they will give you like one or two max unless you request more.

Oh, I didn't realize it came in the little tubs. Still, the Honey Roasted Barbecue does come in little packets and seems to be almost a secret sauce. I swear when you ask for it they will give you like one or two max unless you request more.
I'm not a huge CFA fan, but the last time I was at one they have a lot of self-serve items. Water was already in cups on a tray and I saw assorted sauce packets in a box.

I'm not a huge CFA fan, but the last time I was at one they have a lot of self-serve items. Water was already in cups on a tray and I saw assorted sauce packets in a box.

Man, the one's around here are pretty tight with the sauce, ha ha! I mean, they will give it to you, but they make it to where you have to ask. Only ketchup and mayo (and jelly and honey for breakfast) are out on the self-service area.

OMG. I was driving home from work yesterday, and there was a long line of cars about the length of two blocks from the drive-through. People driving in the right lane at about 45 mph suddenly had to slam on the brakes or quickly switch lanes. Unbelievable.

What’s the deal? A man in MD was killed over a sandwich, and a woman in TN is in ICU. Yea, no, I’ll stick with CFA

Well, we have a Popeye's on our town...and we avoid it like the plague. It's expensive for what it is. However, DH wanted to see what the hubbub was about so we went over for dinner tonight. And here is why Popeye's will never ever hold a candle to Chik-fil-A...

The restaurant was a hot freaking mess. A total disaster in the dining room. Embarrassingly bad. Like the zombie apocalypse had set in. The employees (who were kind of working) were surly and looked like they wanted to be anywhere else. I can respect that...so did I. The line wasn't very long to order and but it sure was for those who HAD ordered and were waiting for their food. By the looks on their faces, they had been waiting a long time. And the nail in the coffin was when we heard the cashier telling the next person in line that they couldn't order the chicken sandwich because they were out of buns.

Out. Of. Buns.

In closing, Popeye's can continue to pound sand. Chik-fil-A fo' life!

Well, we have a Popeye's on our town...and we avoid it like the plague. It's expensive for what it is. However, DH wanted to see what the hubbub was about so we went over for dinner tonight. And here is why Popeye's will never ever hold a candle to Chik-fil-A...

The restaurant was a hot freaking mess. A total disaster in the dining room. Embarrassingly bad. Like the zombie apocalypse had set in. The employees (who were kind of working) were surly and looked like they wanted to be anywhere else. I can respect that...so did I. The line wasn't very long to order and but it sure was for those who HAD ordered and were waiting for their food. By the looks on their faces, they had been waiting a long time. And the nail in the coffin was when we heard the cashier telling the next person in line that they couldn't order the chicken sandwich because they were out of buns.

Out. Of. Buns.

In closing, Popeye's can continue to pound sand. Chik-fil-A fo' life!
I think maybe the one thing that is definitely true about whether chick-fil-a or Popeyes is better & that’s that CFA does a better job of controlling their franchises. The CFA’s in my area are no better service wise than the Popeyes. But there are plenty of both here & both better than other fast food places in this area. Based on other ppl’s posts, it seems like there is less quality control in Popeyes in other places.

I think maybe the one thing that is definitely true about whether chick-fil-a or Popeyes is better & that’s that CFA does a better job of controlling their franchises. The CFA’s in my area are no better service wise than the Popeyes. But there are plenty of both here & both better than other fast food places in this area. Based on other ppl’s posts, it seems like there is less quality control in Popeyes in other places.

If the quality of people working in your restaurants isn’t good, then that speaks volumes about the quality of parenting and the people living there. And this is a great way to assess whether you want to live in an area or not.

If the quality of people working in your restaurants isn’t good, then that speaks volumes about the quality of parenting and the people living there. And this is a great way to assess whether you want to live in an area or not.
I think that’s a bit extreme. There is much more to living in a community than the quality of their fast food workers. I live in an urban area with a lot of uneducated poor ppl. These are the ppl who work in most of the fast food areas here including CFA. I don’t know where or if teenagers are employed in this area, but it’s not there.

The one thing I don’t get is why it’s always chicken breast filet, which tends to be dry and relatively flavorless. In reading about all this, I found Fuku (by David Chang of Momofuku). His chicken sandwich is made with a potato roll and pickles, with thigh meat.

Spicy-Fried-Chicken-Sandwich-home-1.png

It’s not cheap, but it’s not at a ridiculous price either.

https://eatfuku.com/santa-monica/

DD mentioned there is a Popeye's near where she has clinical so later this week when she's there she's going to grab us some chicken sandwiches to try. I did see some pics on Instagram and thought their sandwiches looked good.

The one thing I don’t get is why it’s always chicken breast filet, which tends to be dry and relatively flavorless. In reading about all this, I found Fuku (by David Chang of Momofuku). His chicken sandwich is made with a potato roll and pickles, with thigh meat.

Spicy-Fried-Chicken-Sandwich-home-1.png

It’s not cheap, but it’s not at a ridiculous price either.

https://eatfuku.com/santa-monica/

Yuck. That does not look or sound appealing. I don’t want a thigh meat sandwich.

We’ve got tons of Popeye locations all around us. Nobody is in them.

Yesterday afternoon, we drove downtown for Chik Fil A.
Dumb, impulsive move. We should know better. Huge lines, out the door and around the block. Crazy. We ended up at Blaze pizza.

My husband had one last night just to see what all of the excitement was. He didn’t know about the stabbing and other drama. I wasn’t thrilled that he got it at 10:00 on a Saturday night in a sketchy neighborhood, but he said that people were calm, and someone even told DH to go ahead of him because he hadn’t made up his mind. It was VERY crowded, but there were no issues.

He really liked the chicken sandwich (but he will basically eat anything).

Yuck. That does not look or sound appealing. I don’t want a thigh meat sandwich.

Breast meat has little fat and no discernible chicken flavor. When I have a rotisserie chicken I much prefer the flavor of the dark meat. There’s a reason why a lot of these fast food chicken sandwiches are doused with MSG.

The other thing is that chicken have been bred to grow quickly with sizable breast meat. A heritage breed is going to have more actual chicken flavor. I have friends from China who insist KFC is much better there because they use different breeds of chicken. I’ve also tried the “yellow skin” chicken they’ve recommended for making chicken soup, and the meat does have far more flavor than the average American factory farmed chicken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!