Popeye's chicken sandwich, what the deal?

Breast meat has little fat and no discernible chicken flavor. When I have a rotisserie chicken I much prefer the flavor of the dark meat. There’s a reason why a lot of these fast food chicken sandwiches are doused with MSG.

The other thing is that chicken have been bred to grow quickly with sizable breast meat. A heritage breed is going to have more actual chicken flavor. I have friends from China who insist KFC is much better there because they use different breeds of chicken. I’ve also tried the “yellow skin” chicken they’ve recommended for making chicken soup, and the meat does have far more flavor than the average American factory farmed chicken.
I just don’t like dark meat. It seems slimy to me somehow.
I’ll take the dry, flavourless chicken breast over the dark meat, every time. Lol.

The one thing I don’t get is why it’s always chicken breast filet, which tends to be dry and relatively flavorless.

The only places I have seen/eaten a chicken sandwich with thigh meat are food trucks. And, yes, they were delicious and super juicy.

I thought that most don’t like bland.
Well, I don’t like bland, and to be honest, I’ve never had a bland chicken sandwich, but that’s probably partially due to the breading. I know people say there is more flavour in dark meat, and maybe that’s true. I just don’t like it.

Well, I don’t like bland, and to be honest, I’ve never had a bland chicken sandwich, but that’s probably partially due to the breading. I know people say there is more flavour in dark meat, and maybe that’s true. I just don’t like it.

Breast meat is like a blank canvas. It can be marinated, seasoned, breaded, battered, etc. But (at least with modern factory farmed birds) it won’t taste like much by itself. Still, it’s the source of many jokes about “rubber chicken dinners”. However, fast food fried chicken goes through a pressure fryer, so at least that eliminates the dryness.

I get it. Some people like a single chunk of meat and it can be dressed up.

I thought that most don’t like bland.
But I find the breast meat holds the seasoning better. For the Popeyes here spicy is actually spicy & the breast meat holds that flavor much better than the thigh meat. And b/c it’s fried & marianted before, it’s still juicy. When we fry turkeys for thanksgiving & inject seasoning into the turkey, the breast meat holds the seasoning better & ends up juicier than the thigh meat b/c of this.

The best CFA sauce is the honey roasted barbecue, that comes in packets. Also "Chick-fil-A Sauce" is not pictured. At Popeyes, the "Southern Sweet Heat" I think it's called is amazing!

Love CFA Polynesian sauce!

I had the spicy Popeyes chicken sandwich yesterday. I liked it better than CFA spicy chicken sandwich. It was crispy and juicy. DBF likes the CFA one better though.

We’ve got tons of Popeye locations all around us. Nobody is in them.

Yesterday afternoon, we drove downtown for Chik Fil A.
Dumb, impulsive move. We should know better. Huge lines, out the door and around the block. Crazy. We ended up at Blaze pizza.
How are things going with that store? Business is booming by the sound of it. Are the protesters still out front every day?

How are things going with that store? Business is booming by the sound of it. Are the protesters still out front every day?
We’ve driven by a few times now. I totally forgot about the protestors. I haven’t noticed any, so I guess they’re not there? Maybe they’re the ones in line. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!