POP or POR?

cab0ad

disney lover
ugh! can't decide. I originally booked AOA for the LMR but switched over to POP with a preferred pool room to keep us close to the bus. Just so much cheaper. Then I started missing the "princess" theme and now I'm considering a royal guest room at POR. It will be about $300 more for our trip. Is it worth it? My dd6 LOVES princesses so much. How far away from the bus stop would a standard royal guest room be? How bad is it having multiple bus stops for POR? What is the walk like to the cafeteria? I have been to POP before and like it. I like the lines at the bus stops, the limited walkin, and the bridge to AOA. But those princess rooms look so dang cute.

Another consideration, we REALLY do like the magic band concept and rumor has it POR might be getting them soon. I have not heard anything about POP getting them anytime soon. Anyone know a timeline? Think that POR will have them before the end of May? I would love to use these!

Only a few days for me to decide before the spring offers leave! HELP!!!

I guess it depends on what the money means to you?

We have stayed at all levels and are just as happy at pop as we were at all the other more expensive ones. Just be warned a preferred room at pop facing the pool is going to be loud. If you want some peace and quite you may just want to book straight preferred. You couldn't pay me to stay pool side.

I haven't stayed at POR since the 90's so I don't feel I'm qualified to answer your questions on the resort? But we love pop now.

We love POR mansion section, if you request Oak Manor, end closest to Magnolia Terrace you'll be close to the bus stop behind Magnolia Terrace. Love the bus stop there, never crowded, you can relax on a bench while waiting for the bus, and aren't out in the blazing sun, or rain waiting.

How much time do you spend at your resort? If a lot, it might be worth it. If not, spend the money on a meal at CRT or a second princess meal.

I would totally give POP a miss & head directly to POR. We booked a POP "Preferred Pool Room" for our December 2012 trip & what we were given at check in was a 3rd floor room as far away as possible with no view of the pool but still considered pool view. Boy did I hot foot it back to check in where I was basically treated like crap, but did eventually get moved to a better & closer room. We didn't have any issues with noise from the pool though & it was pretty crowded at times. Used online check in but won't do that again!! JMHO

We're actually going the first part of April & staying at POR. We've stayed there before & actually loved it & can't wait to go back.

Whatever you choose to do enjoy your trip to WDW!!
:goodvibes

We just got back from an awesome trip to POP. We had a standard room in building 5- gorgeous view of the lake and AOA, short walk to the bus.

Take the savings and book the Norway princess breakfast (I always kill the spelling) and/or CRT.

Is a hot tub important to you though? That was the only thing we missed at Pop

I liked both resorts but if you are not spending a lot of time in the room I would op for POP As for POR I love the Mansion section. I always request Oak Maner as it is not a far walk to main building or the theam pool but you also have a quite pool right at Oak Maner and the bus stop is perfect.

I keep telling everyone if you have a room only ressie check against Orbitz. I upgraded my sister from pop for CBR for only 147.00 more for the week!!! One week over at CBR was 955.00 for April 12-19th and POR was only 100.00 more I believe. Orbitz deal is the spring discount with an additional percent on top of that.

I say POP! We were booked in a LM room also, then with the discount switched to POR then after much thought thinking we were not really going to spend as much time at the resort as we always say we are..or use many of the amenities we switched to POP and got back a 469.00 credit! :woohoo: it can be used for other things now:upsidedow

momtwoboys, we sound just alike! LOL! I keep going back and forth... I know whatever I end up with will be just fine and I'll enjoy our trip.

I love saving money, which makes POP ideal. I really want to do the magic bands though (I know... most people don't but I really like the idea of it.) and they are "supposedly" going to POR sometime at the end of spring so they could be there for my trip. boy I'd be upset if I paid an upgrade fee at the "chance" of using magic bands just to get a plain old key to the world card! LOL!

Does POR have that "disney feeling" at all? or does it feel like you are staying offsite? Love the royal room but the pool/public facilities don't seem very disney-ish to me. that being said, I LOVE POFQ.

thanks for all the things to think about! I just want the current spring promotion to end so I don't have a choice to change!:rotfl2:

im with the others, would not catch me poolside room..when i go to the room for a break..thats what i want:cloud9:...granted POR doesnt have mickey ears everywhere but they have Bob on the piano:lmao:...this up and coming trip we started out booking POP, then thought about the difference in bustops, now we are at POR..thinking about Royal rooms:banana:

spritna, you like the bus service at moderates better than values? I must be really strange because the bus service is the one big factor that keeps me going back to the value resorts rather than booking a moderate. I prefer the laid out lines like at the values. Nothing bugs me more than waiting for a bus at the moderates and having everyone swamp, push, and shove to get on regardless of how long others have been waiting. there is just no order enforced at the moderates. That is the 1 and only thing I hate about POFQ. I have never tried any of the other moderates because of the multiple bus stops. I'm afraid that would try my patience too... The value stops are a 1 stop shop!:)

I didn't want to end up regretting that we spent more, so I went with what I knew we would think was a great deal! What did you decide? we are going april 12-20th and I don't think those magic bands are going to be happenin yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter