POP or Hilton

jagfanjosh3252

#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars
I am looking at either staying at POP Century or Hilton by DTD for my next trip. I have stayed onsite at AKL and GF before, but never anywhere else. My only concern is NOISE! I need quiet when I sleep. I'm leaning towards POP since it has free parking and WIFI as well. But I would think POP would be louder. Has anybody stayed at both and can offer advice? Thank you!

I have not stayed at Pop and can only compare it to Disney Deluxe resorts and the Hilton DTD has been much more quiet than most of the Disney Deluxe rooms we have had.

I have not stayed at the Hilton, but the Pop is noisy. You have people walking by your door at all hours, just feet from your bed. They are not always considerate.

Sheila

I just came home from a 6 night stay at Pop last week with my fiance and I can say that we had no issues with noise whatsover. We booked a standard room non-pool view so I think that helped. The only noise I could hear was the occassional toilet flushing or people talking when walking past our room. Other than that, it was very VERY quiet. I would not hesitate to stay there again. :thumbsup2

As you can see by looking at my signature, I :love: Pop. That being said, it can be noisy at times. If you are a really light sleeper, Hilton might be your best bet.

It can be "hit or miss" in getting a quiet room at Pop. There are no interior halls, so all the rooms face out to the open air. Rooms facing the pool and major walkways probably get more consistent noise than an end unit near the parking lot.

Your neighbors will also play a factor in how quiet it will be. While the walls aren't "paper thin", you will be able to hear alot of what is going on next door, especially if it is a lock off to an adjoining room.

If noise is an issue, go to the front desk and ask to relocate. They are very accommodating if rooms are available.

That being said, we enjoy staying at Pop and are usually very tired at the end of a full park day to notice.

HTH, Steve

Would love to get recent opinions!, will be there a week in March with a seven year old!,,

We've stayed at both several times. POP is great for the Disney ambiance, however the rooms are small and the beds are doubles and not very comfortable. However, I LOVE being in the WDW magic and if I get a good price will happily stay at POP.

The Hilton is great because you get nearly the same perks as those staying onsite and you get a VERY comfortable queen size bed and a larger room. We enjoy their pool area even though it isn't themed. We only used the free transportation once and it's no worse than waiting for the Disney buses. Typically we have a rental car because we split our stay between Orlando and the beach. You can snag some good rates at Hilton if you're a Hilton Honors member or use the MVP friends and family rate that has been posted on this forum many times.

I guess it boils down to a personal preference. If it's your first trip to WDW-definitely go with POP as you have a 7 year old that will love it! Good luck with your decision!

I have stayed at both - Pop has a fun vibe to it, I thought it was quiet but I specifically requested quiet so I was at the end of a corridor and it was rare that people passed by my room. I heard an occasional toilet flush but soon learned to keep my bathroom door shut at night.

That said, the Hilton has a more comfortable room for sleeping IMO - the bed is very comfortable, and it is very quiet. I do remember some noise in my corridor at the Hilton though - but nothing that was annoying or bothersome.

If you want comfortable bed for sleeping - I might go with the Hilton. But Pop has that fun Disney feeling that I like to go to Disney to enjoy. And they have always honored my requests in the past and given me a quiet location when I have requested it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!