• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop or Bonnet?

yaddakal

DIS Veteran
Hello All and thanks in advance:)
I have narrowed down our choices to Pop Century on site...or Bonnet Creek off site... Bonnet Creek is cheaper and bigger, but we would need to get different transportation from airport, maybe rent a car, pay for parking, and add on all meals being careful of what we spend. I am also skeptical that it may not be as magical as onsite. Our kids are 7 and 9 and have been twice before both onsite.
Pop is smaller but is Disney so would eliminate all the extras.
Either way we would do all disney dining for dinners.
After hours of comparison, they come out to be the same price when I add on what I expect to spend on dining and transportation..
Hmmm, so unsure of what to do.
Thanks.

:) I can remember at that age--any hotel or place away from home was awesome!! But a room at Disney that would have been numero uno!

My first trip to WDW was 2002 at age 34 and we stayed value--have loved it ever since and would never stay off site--we own DVC.

I do not have children so maybe I really am not the person to give advice.

I went through similar comparisons - and to us it seems worth the amenity forfeit to stay in the magic.
Ive stayed onsite only twice, at ASMo in 2004 and FW in 2010 (off site many times) - I really prefer the feel of the disney atmosphere and the option to take the bus instead of driving to the parks.
We are going to try POP for the first time on our next trip :)

It's really a personal decision, depending on your specific wants/needs. We did the same comparisons, but the most important thing for ME was getting a good nights sleep. As I am a very light sleeper, having my own bedroom was a big deal ( I might get a little cranky during a 7 night vacation if I'm not getting any sleep - maybe :rotfl2:)
For my 7 and 9 year olds as long as they can get to Disney, they of course don't care if we drive or take the bus -although my DD did have a crazy fascination with the parking lot trams! But the next important thing to them is the pools, it's all about the pools/slides.

So for our wants, the space of Bonnet and the pools made that the best choice for us.

Good luck!

I used to believe that staying on site was the only way to go until I stayed at Bonnet creek once. Now I will never stay on site again. Most people who say you have to stay on site have never stayed here. I am here now and this is my fourth trip here. Love it. Love the space to spread out and relax. Feels like home not a hotel.

It is really a personal decision. We also much prefer driving a rental car over DT any day! So I always tell my friends to try it before you knock it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter