POP King Room

Tink121212

Earning My Ears
Hello ... the hubby and I are taking are first trip to WDW :cool1: and could use help in requesting a room with a king size bed. Can anyone please assist me on what I should ask for when checking-in online? Thank you!

Tink121212 said:
Hello ... the hubby and I are taking are first trip to WDW :cool1: and could use help in requesting a room with a king size bed. Can anyone please assist me on what I should ask for when checking-in online? Thank you!

You cannot do requests at online check-in; they are supposed to attached to your reservation. You need to call.

Requests during online check in are pre-specified and you can choose two. I chose 60's buildings and lake view. I don't remember what the other choices were.

I'm pretty sure that all the king rooms at Pop are handicap rooms. Obviously the people who actually need them will get them first, so I think they are pretty hard to get. Check the Pop thread, that's where I found the information (because I was thinking about requesting a king too).

I'm pretty sure that all the king rooms at Pop are handicap rooms. Obviously the people who actually need them will get them first, so I think they are pretty hard to get. Check the Pop thread, that's where I found the information (because I was thinking about requesting a king too).

I'm not sure that's true. A majority may be handicap but I'm pretty sure we've gotten a king room at pop that was not handicap. I could be remembering incorrectly, but I know it was a king bed and I'm almost positive it was a regular bathroom. This was in June 2011.

Edit: below is copied from the pop thread

King Bed Rooms accommodate up to 2 people, plus one portable crib for an infant (defined as a child under 3). This category has a total of 144 rooms; of which 63 are Handicap Accessible. All floors have regular and handicap accessible King rooms; however the 4th floor King rooms are only HC.

Letsbgoofy said:

Incorrect; all handicapped accessible rooms are king bed rooms, but not all king bed rooms are h. C. Accessible. The federal law is specific about the percentage of rooms to be accessible. It would not be profitable for Disney, for obvious reasons, to go over that, because they would cut out a market of people who request king bed rooms, but do not need the accessible facilities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!