POP Century vs Moderate

inkos

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

We are looking at travelling to the World this summer. We weren't planning on it, but ever since free dining was announced and we have a week off that works, we have been considering. We were looking for a long time at Port Orleans ... but never bit the bullet and booked. And of course prices have soared.

I just booked at POP for 8 nights in August. Family of 4 with a 10 year old and 7 year old. We don't think we will be spending much time in the room ... afternoon breaks and sleeping is all. I am thinking we will do mostly water park/pool days with evenings at the parks (to avoid the high temps in the afternoon).

We have stayed on site twice in the past - both times CBR which we loved. All the other times we have been to Florida we have rented a house. For this trip we wanted convenience ... no car, and an all inclusive feel. My only concern with POP is the pool area. No slide might pose problems in keeping my kids entertained ... they like to swim, but like to play more ... I don't really see us spending a LOT of time in the parks during the day if it is really hot, more evening time. And I'm not sure I want to have to go to the water park everyday to keep them entertained. But is is an extra 1800$ to basically have a slide at the pool.

For those of you that LOVE POP ... help reassure a girl! I'm not sure I can justify the price tag of a moderate right now, when we weren't originally planning this vacation.

I wouldn’t pay an extra $1800 for a slide, especially in August when lightning tends to close down the pool at some point during the afternoon anyways.

Enjoy Pop. It’s lots of fun. The daily pool games at the Hippy Dippy pool are great if your kids are in to that. Plus you’ve got the bowling pin pool and computer pool to swim in.

PoP have lots of activity around the pool, some are free, some like tie dye shirt making are extra $, but much less than adding water parks. It will be awesome your kids will have a great time at POP. Kids are flexible and they probably won’t miss the slides.

i have never booked free dining: is it still true that moderates get the standard dining package and values get quick serve? that could be part of the big price difference you’re seeing. and since you aren’t talking about all the meals you’re planning, it sounds like it would be a lost value.

i think i’d stick with pop if i were you. if they really miss the slide, you can always spend a bit of time at a water park?

For 1800? SAVE yourMONEY this is a no brainer.
We do love the moderates....BUT ONLY stay with codes and deals to make it worth it.
POP is GREAT.. NO regrets

Save the money and stay at Pop. Pop is a very nice resort since the refurb the other year and the rooms are almost a moderate quality IMO.

During a time of year where the parks are open late, I'd pick Pop hands down.

It's during other parts of the year where I'm more inclined to stay at a moderate.

$1800 extra just to stay at a moderate? :lmao: Hell to the no! Definitely not worth it, with or without the slide. Pop has a great entertainment team at the main pool. They're always doing all sorts of fun activities to keep people of all ages busy. Plus there's a ping pong table, which is fun. I love pop. Its perfect, esp now that they have 2 Queen beds and newly renovated rooms (with coffee makers). Whether or not you're only at the resort to sleep/swim/shower, its a fun comfortable resort.

We love Pop! It's one of our favorite resorts. A pool slide is definitely not worth another $1800. I used to think DD would get "bored" without a slide, but honestly when we're somewhere that has one she uses it a few times and then she's done lol. As PPs have said, there are a ton of activities every day at the Hippy Dippy pool, and there's usually a game of volleyball going on at the bowling pin pool. We usually take a beach ball or some other small, soft pool toy to toss around.

Stay at Pop and use some of that $1800 to hit up one of the water parks during your stay.

I'm not sure if free dining is a consideration, but POR and Pop are only eligible for the QS dining plan, and POFQ is not included at all.

Even if that is not a concern, no way would I spend $1800 more to stay at POR. It's nice enough but not $1800 I could be spending on so many other things nice. Everyone's crowd is different, but my kids are happy enough to have a pool and wouldn't care one way or another about a slide. We've stayed at numerous places and they're just as happy to swim at Pop as they are at the Beach Club.

My daughter is 8 and loves POP the most. She also loves the pool slides, but would rather be at POP over any other resort.

Our family love the Mods but no way would I pay $1800 more. Are you sure of the price, I find it hard to believe there is an $1800 difference.

I agree with POP. If the kids are getting bored, take a walk over to AOA. Theming is great over there and they have some different QS options to check out.

Can you hear your neighbors through the walls of your room ?
Crying babies ?
Flushing toilets ?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!